PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 13 Embryos came back No DNA detected from a day 5 biopsy but made it to blast

BZ88
November 20th, 2012, 09:50 PM
How does that happen with GSN when the embryologist indicated there was a nucleus on the slide?

glory
December 13th, 2012, 03:35 AM
I am not Carole, but this just happened to my4leafclover and she retested them and found that all 3 were in fact normal.

Carole
December 13th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I am not Carole, but this just happened to my4leafclover and she retested them and found that all 3 were in fact normal.

Hello,
"No DNA detected" means that there was a sampling error such as loss of DNA at some step of the process. Microscopic amounts of material-sometimes a single cell-is being moved from place to place and it is fairly easy to lose a sample along the way and not realize it until the test shows that no DNA made it into the test tube. Even though every effort is made to select a cell with a nucleus (and thus containing DNA) sometimes the cell is really a cell fragment without DNA. So "No DNA detected" does not tell you anything about the embryo, only that the test itself failed. So it is not surprising that embryos with this result could go on and develop. Best Wishes, Carole