PDA

View Full Version : Nail Biting Pls... Help Pls........

Mykids
March 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Alll,

My daughter is 4 yr 2 months & she has developed nail biting habbit from one of her school friend. I have tried my best to make her stop, these days its tooo much i cant even see her nail , jut the skin behind the nail is visible.

Can any one give me an idea how to stop it. I know there is a nail oil to apply which is very wierd in taste but i dont know the name. can any of you tell me what's the name of it.

Any advices are welcome :)

Thanks

nuthinbutpink
March 21st, 2011, 08:59 PM
Try dipping her fingers in something bad and see if that helps OR you could make her wear gloves! Once her nails grow back some, take her for a manicure.

Mykids
March 21st, 2011, 10:16 PM
Over the weekends she is fine , because she is at home. She goes to montissori school during week days. that to full day, as i work full time. so i cant make her ware gloves all the time in school.DH ordered some Lotion from amazon & that is for nail biting purpose for above 3 yrs. i hope that helps me.

Any more advices pls....

Three Gorgeous Pickles
March 26th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I can totally sympathise. Our 4yr old had lovely nails until he started school in January and now there is barely nails there at all, its horrible and causes him pain at times, but it doesn't stop him biting them at school. We have tried getting him out of the habit he is developing but it isn't working. We are going to the shops this weekend to buy 'stop n grow'. My mum used it on my nails when i was a child, and it tastes disgusting and i soon stopped biting them - i hope it helps my son too. I live in the uk, but here is the link to the product so you may be able to find it
http://www.boots.com/en/Stop-Grow-Stop-Biting_884/
Good luck, hope it helps.

Mykids
March 27th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks TGP, I purchased a similar product from a different company, it really tastes weird & i will apply that from monday & i hope my daughter stops biting & ur son as well.

Good luck with the experiment.