PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight

jd03pd
March 21st, 2011, 11:07 PM
Is it just the act of losing weight/being unhealthy that us TTC girls are going for? Or should we strive to be underweight? Just curious...

mamato3lilmen
March 21st, 2011, 11:29 PM
Curious as well :-)

jd03pd
March 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
I was always at LEAST a couple pounds overweight when I conceived my boys...probably more like 10 pounds. I'm losing weight now (not the girl diet yet), and I'm now in the normal range (but not by much!) I figured I'll stay on my current diet until about 6 weeks before TTC, just to get down as far as I can. Might as well try to do opposite of what I did when I got my boys!

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
There is no way to know without studies, which technique is best. One study found that women with the lowest caloric intakes had more girls, another found that the women with the lowest BMI had more girls, one found that vegetarians (who on average weigh less than meat eaters) had more girls, and a fourth found that anorexics had WAY more girls EXCEPT anorexics whose weight was still in the normal range. These all lead me to believe that eating less calories and not weighing much sways "more" than actively losing weight while remaining at a higher weight. But at the same time, losing weight does make you more acidic.

Just don't do what I did, and focus so much on the idea of actively losing weight that I took a month off to regain weight and had an oops and ended up with DS 4!!

cocos-mum
March 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
when i got pregnant with my daugther i was nomal weight and a veggy
with my son i was over weight my heaviest for that matter and ate meat and lots of rubbish
hope that helps alittle

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
It does, thanks! The more info we can amass, the better! PS - welcome to you!