PDA

View Full Version : Careful with the new Acijel

welcomeggz
November 21st, 2012, 07:36 PM
OK i had bought AciJel when it first came about (3yrs ago now) and when it was trying to be sold as an actaul swaying gel for TTCG girls (Tamara from IG actually communicated with the guy who invented it, but he was not allowed to advertise it as a swaying product).

Anyway long story short, the product went off the market for a while and has recently returned new packaging, different ingredients & different manufacturer.

I had kept my old AciJel (unfortunately it expired in 2011) and just bought the new AciJel and compared the ingredients:-

Old Aci Jel Ingredients:
Glacial Acetic Acid, Hydroxyquinoline Sulphate, Ricinoleic acid, glycerol, propyl hydroxybenzoate

New Aci Jel Ingredients:
Purified water, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Aoloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamoliel Flower Extract, Sodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.

The old Aci Jel did kept my PH down, i did sway with it 3 times but unfortunately i miscarried those 3 times and with my last son i did not sway.

The new Aci Jel has so far not kept my ph down much.

Just thought this info might help.

BeadinMom
November 21st, 2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the info..

Mbmk
November 22nd, 2012, 02:38 AM
Interesting, where are you from?

I'm in Australia and only purchased my Acijel 1 month ago so assume it would be the "new" one but the ingredients stated are: glacial acetic acid, hydroxyquinoline sulphate, ricinoleic acid and propyl - so the same as the "old" one...thank goodness!!

Good to get a heads up for others looking to buy :)

welcomeggz
November 22nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
Hi there

got my supplies from Pharmacyonline.com.au

atomic sagebrush
November 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
WOW!!!!!! Good to know!!!!!!!

Babystars
November 27th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hi there ladies, Im wondering if you know that there are 2 types of Aci-jel?
One is the famous Acijel that people use for swaying pink :DD:. This is now called Acijel Balance but is the exact same product with the exact same ingredients! However the Acijel that you are talking about with different ingredients in it is called " Acijel Restore"- this is a different product, please see the following link ... AciJel Restore (http://www.acijel.com.au/acijel-restore) Hope this answers your question. A big Hi to you Atomic, I hope you and your little darling are doing well :)

Crystal13
November 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks Babystars, I just had a freak out moment there but luckily I've got the right one too, the Balance. Its good that you pointed out the differences though. xx

Babystars
November 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Hi Crystal, thanks :) I think a few ladies might freak out over this, hopefully they will read my response and know there are actually 2 acijel products available, one for ph balance:DD: and one for vaginal dryness (restore) and hopefully purchase the correct one. I put my sway on hold for a couple of months but am going to try next cycle with Aci, a cut off & possibly a little bit of rephresh. Recently I hunted the internet for the type of sways that were used with Aci and the outcomes and wrote it all up, I was amazed at what I noticed xx

welcomeggz
November 28th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Ohhh OK thanks soo much for that info had no idea - you gals are awesome!!

Crystal13
November 28th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Wow babystars! What did you notice when you put it all together? I would be so interested to find that out! I am def including the aci in my sway, hopefully first month ttc will be next month (dec) which is almost here! Hopefully all goes to plan. Will include the rephresh too but not sure about a cut-off yet as so much other stuff going on with my sway already. Anyway, let me know if you are happy to share your results! xx

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks so much!!!!

Babystars
December 2nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
No problem at all, glad to be of help :) give me a couple of days then I should have some spare time to pop up the things that really stood out to me in the Acijel sways :)

Crystal13
December 3rd, 2012, 05:34 AM
Great! Look forward to hearing from you babystars! xx

mariposa
December 3rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
No problem at all, glad to be of help :) give me a couple of days then I should have some spare time to pop up the things that really stood out to me in the Acijel sways :)
It would be great! thanks!!

mkarntz1980
December 5th, 2012, 11:29 PM
hmmm i just got some about one month ago and it has the old ingredients and doesnt expire till 2014

mkarntz1980
December 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
i cant wait to see it to! I used acijel and had a baby girl:)

mrs magoo
January 27th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Bump any chance to write up what you found? :)

BabyGirl4Me
January 27th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I bought the "old school" Aci-Jel here: Aci-Jel Vaginal Jelly- Strand Arcade Pharmacy Online | Colostrum | D-Mannose | Seatone (http://www.strandarcadepharmacy.co.nz/p/143655/aci-jel-vaginal-jelly.html)

Shenanigans
February 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Great info, thanks!

Hopeful37
February 16th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Thank u guys for the heads up. With all this info, I hope I'll do all the correct things to sway pink.

Babystars
February 24th, 2013, 06:04 PM
A BIG hi to you all & hope everyone is well :) Firstly I am so sorry this has taken so long to get the info to you. We had a sick relation in December who ended up having 2 operations then a family friend passed away so life has been pretty busy. But I'm back & have time to write the Aci info up for all that are interested :)
here it is...
Please do bare in mind that timing of ovulation can be difficult to pinpoint exactly & Diet, abstaining & F.R were also used in some of these sways so other factors may have contributed to these sways. but I certainly in my opinion am convinced Aci Balance has a good chance of helping the odds in conceiving pink :babyf: perhaps because Aci has Acetic Acid.

So here we go ladies, these are the results for the 31 Aci sways that I have found, there may be others out there that I haven’t seen or been added since I researched online in November/December last year…

Aci sways
31 sways found

Results
8 Boys
23 girls

8 Boys
6 sways were 0+12
7th said she had a false surge ( so not sure when she conceived ?)
8th believed she had a 3 day cut off
(4 of these 0+12 sways used Aci & Sylk) this was also mentioned online by another lady who noticed a few using both products resulted in boys.

23 girls
2 were 0+12 (one used Aci & lime)
4 did cut offs as well as 0+12 ( 1 used Aci,rephresh & Replens) (1 used Aci,vinegar & lime)
17 were cut offs & close to O, 4 of these 17 went through, which I will list separately as we will never know if they concieved prior, during or later in ovulation....

1) Aci & rephresh, stopped at pos opk
2) Aci 1 hour prior & lime TBM with a 1 day cut off
3) used sylk, lime & aci with a 1 & 1/2 day cut off
4)1 hour prior, 10-15 mins after with a 2 day cut off
5)Aci 1 hour prior. bd up to o
6)Aci 1-2 hours prior (blob/pea size) 5 mins after 1 day cut off
7)Aci each day (tiny amount) 3 hours prior,lime 5 mins after with a 2-3 day cut off
8)Aci used up to 24 hours before bd, stopped 12 hours before o
9)Aci 1-2 hours prior (small amount after) with a 2 day cut off
10)Aci 20-25 mins before, rephresh 1 hour prior with some after. 1 day cut off.
11)Aci 1/2 inch apllied 1 hour prior, Shettles method used with a cut off
12)Aci throughout the day & every attempt 1/2 hour before & 5 mins after. Sylk used during with a 12 hour cut off.
13)Rephresh every 3 days, aci applied at nite before attempts, bd on pos opk then stopped after that.

Went straight through…
1)vinegar ½ hour before, aci after bd. No cut off
2) Aci from AF to O then as needed after bd. Went straight through
3) Aci finger tip every 3rd day & just before bed for 1 month. 1 & ¼ fingertip 3 hours prior. 5-10mins after 2mls lime bd on o day.
4) Aci 2-3 hours before (nickel size) & 5 mins after with a pea size, no cut off.

I hope this is easy to understand. If people used other products as well, Ive listed these in brackets so you how many & what products were also used. I just wanted to get the info up here for you, so please ask away if you want more info :) xx

6bluewant1pink
February 26th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Can i get it in the USA?

Cagirl09
February 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks so much for posting this! Its is unbelievably helpful! And just so I'm clear. Of the 17 that you said did cut off only, you list 6 that used ACI plus another product. So does that mean the remaining 11 used just ACI Jel?

Also, this may be way too much, but do you happen to know how long of cut offs they were doing or how much aci they were using? If not, thats okay you've provided so much helpful information already.

Thanks!

Cagirl09
February 26th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Can i get it in the USA?

You can order it online and have it shipped to you. It takes a few weeks and is a little pricey by the time you pay for shipping (around $38 for mine), but it could be easily justifiable if it will help get you your little girl!

Aci-Jel Balance Vaginal Jelly 100g - PharmacyOnline.com.au (http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/aci-jel-balance-vaginal-jelly-100g/)

BlueMom
February 26th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Great info! I'm still not sure if I'm going to ttc, but sounds promising for a pink sway, thanks for sharing!

6bluewant1pink
February 26th, 2013, 11:50 PM
thanks! i would like to know does Rephresh work just as good?

Babystars
February 27th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Here are some great places to deal with that ship Acijel Balance worldwide & one ships worldwide free...
Aci-Jel Vaginal Jelly- Strand Arcade Pharmacy Online | Colostrum | D-Mannose | Seatone (http://www.strandarcadepharmacy.co.nz/p/143655/aci-jel-vaginal-jelly.html)
Strandarcadepharmacy.co.nz
or healthchemist.co.nz
or pharmacydirect.co.nz or netpharmacy.co.nz :)
They sell rephresh as well :)

Babystars
February 27th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Hi there Cagirl :) thanks for letting me know its helpful, so glad to hear that, as it took a long time to find all these sways and write up all the sway facts written with them. I am more than happy to write up what those cut offs involved for you and how much Aci was used, I'll try & write that up tomorrow as soon as I have more time, its very interesting isnt it :)

2lovelyboys
February 27th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Babystars, thank you for all the info, am now revising my sway :)

mrs magoo
February 27th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Thanks so much!!!

When you say cut off do you mean at positive opk?

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2013, 01:19 PM
thanks! i would like to know does Rephresh work just as good?
We don't know, and probably never will because we would need side by side blind studies. On paper I think Rephresh is better than Acijel.

You can use both too BTW

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks so much!!!

When you say cut off do you mean at positive opk?

some people are still trying to do Shettles cutoff timing with BD several days before O, but I think it's best for pink to DTD once at pos. OPK.

Timing doesn't sway http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

6bluewant1pink
February 28th, 2013, 10:38 PM
thanks Atomic! I've noticed RePhresh has been doing a great job in keeping my PH down. Is it true some women just can not conceive while using RePhresh or any of the others? Or does it finally happen and just take longer?

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM
Virtually everyone has either gotten pg or else dropped it early on, so I can't say for sure.

On IG people went for months and months before finally getting BFP without dropping things, so my suspicion is that eventually ksomething would get thru even if you never dropped it. :)

Babystars
March 3rd, 2013, 11:37 PM
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has actually done a tally on rephresh results by any chance? I looked last year but back then it didnt look as encouraging as Aci, of course those numbers may have changed since then with more people using rephresh. If anyone knows i think it would be interesting to see how both these gels are working out in comparision & results with using them together. So far, although very few, who used both aci & rephresh in their sways Ive found- have all had girls. Im swaying next month & using Aci for sure due to the results Ive discovered but am considering adding a bit of rephresh as well :)

Babystars
March 4th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Hi Cagirl, please see my previous message for the info you wanted, hope it helps :)

AKMommy
June 11th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Babystars, does using them together lower the pH even more? I'm putting my sway together, so I'm trying to figure out all the details. We're not TTC until December, so I have a bit of time. :)

sammysam
August 26th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Thankyou for posting!!!!!

A BIG hi to you all & hope everyone is well :) Firstly I am so sorry this has taken so long to get the info to you. We had a sick relation in December who ended up having 2 operations then a family friend passed away so life has been pretty busy. But I'm back & have time to write the Aci info up for all that are interested :)
here it is...
Please do bare in mind that timing of ovulation can be difficult to pinpoint exactly & Diet, abstaining & F.R were also used in some of these sways so other factors may have contributed to these sways. but I certainly in my opinion am convinced Aci Balance has a good chance of helping the odds in conceiving pink :babyf: perhaps because Aci has Acetic Acid.

So here we go ladies, these are the results for the 31 Aci sways that I have found, there may be others out there that I haven’t seen or been added since I researched online in November/December last year…

Aci sways
31 sways found

Results
8 Boys
23 girls

8 Boys
6 sways were 0+12
7th said she had a false surge ( so not sure when she conceived ?)
8th believed she had a 3 day cut off
(4 of these 0+12 sways used Aci & Sylk) this was also mentioned online by another lady who noticed a few using both products resulted in boys.

23 girls
2 were 0+12 (one used Aci & lime)
4 did cut offs as well as 0+12 ( 1 used Aci,rephresh & Replens) (1 used Aci,vinegar & lime)
17 were cut offs & close to O, 4 of these 17 went through, which I will list separately as we will never know if they concieved prior, during or later in ovulation....

1) Aci & rephresh, stopped at pos opk
2) Aci 1 hour prior & lime TBM with a 1 day cut off
3) used sylk, lime & aci with a 1 & 1/2 day cut off
4)1 hour prior, 10-15 mins after with a 2 day cut off
5)Aci 1 hour prior. bd up to o
6)Aci 1-2 hours prior (blob/pea size) 5 mins after 1 day cut off
7)Aci each day (tiny amount) 3 hours prior,lime 5 mins after with a 2-3 day cut off
8)Aci used up to 24 hours before bd, stopped 12 hours before o
9)Aci 1-2 hours prior (small amount after) with a 2 day cut off
10)Aci 20-25 mins before, rephresh 1 hour prior with some after. 1 day cut off.
11)Aci 1/2 inch apllied 1 hour prior, Shettles method used with a cut off
12)Aci throughout the day & every attempt 1/2 hour before & 5 mins after. Sylk used during with a 12 hour cut off.
13)Rephresh every 3 days, aci applied at nite before attempts, bd on pos opk then stopped after that.

Went straight through…
1)vinegar ½ hour before, aci after bd. No cut off
2) Aci from AF to O then as needed after bd. Went straight through
3) Aci finger tip every 3rd day & just before bed for 1 month. 1 & ¼ fingertip 3 hours prior. 5-10mins after 2mls lime bd on o day.
4) Aci 2-3 hours before (nickel size) & 5 mins after with a pea size, no cut off.

I hope this is easy to understand. If people used other products as well, Ive listed these in brackets so you how many & what products were also used. I just wanted to get the info up here for you, so please ask away if you want more info :) xx

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2015, 01:37 PM
^^^^ please put no confidence into that data, we have been tracking the jellies and found that with a much larger sample size they are evidently doing nothing whatsoever. We have no way to verify if any of that is even true and since we know that having one attempt, in and of itself, is swaying pink 70-75% of the time, it is very likely that any apparent effectiveness is coming from those who did one attempt and nothing to do with the jellies.

Most people will want to start off using the jellies just so they can feel they have done everything. This is fine but it should be one of the FIRST things to drop if you don't get pregnant within 1-3 months.