PDA

View Full Version : *Pink Summer Swayers!*

DoulaMama
March 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hello!

I have a thread in IG with some girls that plan on swaying pink this spring/summer/fall...and seeing as I'm here now I thought I would start a thread for any other ladies planning on TTC a :biggirl2: this year :D

Let's introduce ourselves, talk about our plans, swaying attempts etc :happy:

I'll go first!

I'm 29, have 3 :bigboy: Ages 5, almost 3 and 9mos old. I'm planning on swaying starting in July. I would love an April baby but the chances are slim that I'll get preggo the first try....a girl can dream :HH: My hubby is slowly coming around to the idea of 4 kids....he wanted 2! :rofl:
Anyway, I am slowly collecting my neg. Ion stuff....going to purchase some cheap OPK's soon as well as a bunch of cheapy preg. tests and a Hanna PH tester. Looking at diets and supplements as well. I'm going to really try for a great sway this time...my last attempt at a sway is laughable looking back now...
Hopefully there are others out there.... :wave:

Take Care xo

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Sorry to thread crash but popping in to send all you ladies ALL of my PINK DUST!!! :ttcgirl: :XX:

mamato3lilmen
March 23rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hello @ DoulaMama :-) I am pretty sure that I will be joining real soon! (fingers crossed AF shows up next month...b/c yesterday we kind of had an oopsie ;/, sorry TMI) I, too am an all DS Mom. 9,7, and 11 months. I have gotten a few negative ion things, such a watch on Ebay that is supposed to bring negative ions...but it's some cheap stuff from china-so who really knows. I also got a thing to plug in my cig lighter in my car-that is suposed to produce negative ions, a thingy that looks like a USB that I plug into my laptop-that also is supposed to produce neg. ions..since I'm on it alot..can't help it ;-) On my list of things that I do want to purchase, rocksalt lamp, negative ion hair dryer, and a few other things, such as a small neg. ion generator that you can plug into the wall. I do want to get on some supps as well. For sure cranberry, what will you be taking, and how much? I have been trying to consume more dairy, such as yougart, milk and such-which this is so not me. I am going on a semi diet and am going to try and loose 20 lbs in the next couple months too. I have been taking nice long walks in this nice weather lately and hope to keep that up at least 5 times a week.

My husband is not on board from number 4 either. Well he is one day, than not the next. I am blessed to be able to stay home with my little guy, and want to stay home until he starts school...so I figure if I have them close enough together I won't be home too much longer than I had originally planned. I am mentally preparing myself for my 4th and final DS though. No matter what 4 is the cut off for me. I love each one of my DS so much, and wouldn't trade them for anything or anyone in this world; but ofter wonder why God didn't want me to have the perfect pair....which I am sure you wonder the same-LOL.

Anywho, my DH thinks the whole swaying thing is just nonsense, so needless to say he is for sure not on board with that. *Is your DH on board with swaying? I will not be tempting either as, I don't really want him to know the "stuff" that I am doing to try and switch things up a bit. I am going to try and buy some cheapo OPKS though, so I can try and get to know my O time better. I still haven't decided what method I will do as far as a cut off, BD through O etc. All 3 of my DS's, I knew nothing about swaying ot timing etc. I did not find the IG site until I was preggo with son #3, go figure. So with my older two I couldn't tell what I did to get them. I do know that my normal diet is very boy friendly, but I am trying to switch that up now. I have given up pop and switched over to CL, regular cranberry juice, distilled water, or milk. Back than we DTD alot more than now. With my last son, I think around the time I got PG, we DTD like for about 3 to 4 days in a row, I wasn't tracking anything...my cycles were always so irregular. Since my last DS, I have been at least tracking my cycles very closely, so I know my fertile few days and when I should O...but haven't started using the OPKS yet.

Do you remember how things were for you when you conceived your 3 lil DS's? If you don't mind me asking...you said you last sway attempt was not a good one, what all did you do?

Ok I better stop writing my book...look forward to hearing from you and keep up with ya along the journey ;-)

@TTC5...I am passing you ALL of my blue dust and than some...lets do a trade off :-) GL to you as well!!!

Chunky Monkey
March 24th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Hi! I would love to join you girls! We will be TTC #3 in May, and we are praying and swaying for a GIRL!!! I have 2 amazing DS's :) I know I would love another boy, but we are only having 3 and I NEED a girl, as this is something that consumes my time and energy....a lot :( My DH is fully supportive in swaying, going HT or MS if it opens up this year. I have looked into HT but everytime I do, I find something out that makes me hesitant. We did a pretty good sway at the beginning of this month but got a BFN. So our plan for now is to sway in May :)

I cannot change my entire diet, but I will be adding more calcium, less sodium, less protein (I usually get a lot of protein), less starch and potatoes (huge challenge for me), cutting back on caffeine and drinking cranberry juice. I will be using RepHresh 3 days before O and BDing 3 days before O. I plan to use another RepHresh the day before O. We will do shallow penetration in missionary, and I am on the fence about weather to JND or wait about 2 minutes. With both of my boys, I waited about 5 min. before getting up and we DTD on O or day before O. But with a cut-off, I am afraid to loose any of the strong girls by JND. Any adive on that? I will be sure to not have the big O and will not DTD again until well after I ovulate.

I look forward to keeping up with everyone's cycles and seeing lots of BFP's with desired gender outcomes :) Good luck to all of you, and anyone wanting blue dust, I am getting rid of all of my blue dust!!!

DoulaMama
March 24th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Sorry to thread crash but popping in to send all you ladies ALL of my PINK DUST!!! :ttcgirl: :XX:

THANK YOU!!!! Mwa! :HH:

DoulaMama
March 24th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Hello CM and M23LM:) Hope you don't mind the Abbrev...LOL It's so nice to come back and see your posts! I was waiting anxiously, hoping that someone would answer... :D

M23LM- My hubby has no idea that I want him to sway...LOL! I'm just gonna drop it on him like a bomb in a few months time. I don't expect him to diet more than 1 month...but other than that I'm making him take hot baths, take supps, etc. I don't think he'll mind too much if it saves us $15,000(HT). I have to find that car lighter ion thingy...should my hubby have one too or just me? About the supps....I know I'll be doing cranberry, cal/mag, vitex, vit C, folic acid...and maybe some probiotics as I'm prone to YI. Not sure of exact amounts yet...I'm also losing weight! I've lost 19lbs since Jan 1st and I've got another 35 to lose. I too am prepared for another DS...the sad thing is, I'm actually not too scared about having another DS...my mom on the other hand would be devastated...so I feel like I'm sometimes doing this for her instead of me...twisted I know....sigh. Don't get me wrong- I feel like something is missing and I really want a DD...but I know it'll be ok in the end either way. And about my last sway...I took Cranberry for 2 weeks. BD 1 day before O. Yup...That's it...LOL! What a joke! With all 3 of them I was breakfast eater, I was overweight, DTD close to O or on O, had orgasms, deep penetration(sorry if TMI), I was alkaline, Lots of + ions around me,...the list goes on....

CM- I plan doing a finger of Replens 30 min after attempt repeated as necessary(I'll be watching my PH)...but for those 30 mins I'm going to lay down, legs flat on the bed. Shallow penetration...I want those boy sperm to suffer all the way up my canal! :rofl:

FX'd for us! :luck: Talk soon!!

swish
March 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I am planning on swaying pink this summer. I have two DSs, 3 and 1 and would love a DD but would not be disappointed with another gorgeous boy! I am going to take atomic's advice and do a low protein, low calorie, low salt diet. I'll do a few ion bits like lavender and brackets but I'm not too worried about that. I think I'm going to do a 3 day cut off but am a little concerned it will take ages to get pregnant so I'm not certain on that yet. I'm also going to take supplements. That is all the decisions I have made at the moment. My DH is on board but VERY sceptical!!! He will cut down on salt, red meat and take supplements. It's great to have some people to share this with

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I'll make this a sticky so it's easy to find!

DoulaMama
March 24th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'll make this a sticky so it's easy to find!

Thanks you AS!!! :D :HH:

purplepoet20
March 24th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I came over from ingender too.... I have 2 (3) boys! Dada forever 5, James 3, and Charles 1. We only wanted 2 kids but my husband knew I wanted a girl so he said just one more pregnancy. If the sway fails then at least I can say I tried. We are doing a girl diet, herbs, vitamins, crystal light, new moon, negative ions plants/water/ion lights, ovulation charting for O+12 Method, ph testing, copper magnet bracelet, using astrology charts, and whatever I may come across. I will be trying for twins but mostly just trying for a girl.

Has anyone found some good negative ion night-lights that are cheap. I like to save money :)

purplepoet20
March 24th, 2011, 04:25 PM
My husband thought it was an odd topic to bring up... we only get to talk at 5-5:45am when he gets ready for work. But I did have a speech planned out! I started...

When we were pregnant with James and found out we were having a boy (#1) we talked about only having two kids and wanting one of each. When we were blessed with a second unplanned pregnancy from the start your mother and I both wanted a girl and only talked about girl names. I was really sad to learn that we were having a boy but I tried my best to remain happy but deep down inside I was hoping the ultrasound was wrong or that I would miscarry. When Charlie was born with an "Ear Tag" (an inch long) on his ear I blamed myself because I didn't want him and God didn't make him perfect to punish. I did fall in love with him right away because God also made him look like me.... some stuff I forgot... skip ahead... Both our kids were not planned but are loved surprises. But it would be nice to plan a pregnancy, prepare for it, and not be surprised when we are told we are pregnant. Swaying for a girl is not 100% but it would be our chance to say we tried for a girl but if we get another boy then at least we tried. I don't want to spend the rest of my life thinking "what if". This will be our last baby no matter what! And then after talking back and forth about swaying I pointed out that he owes his mom because she was told he was a girl and he came out a boy. She couldn't have anymore kids so she was wishing that you would bless her with a girl.

I left him to think about it for a few weeks... and then he gave me permission to buy what I needed and set a limit! He takes and eats what I give him. He was the one that said he wanted to name it Madeline (we want all our kids to have first and middle names picked from our family tree).

Glittergirl
March 25th, 2011, 02:00 AM
HI Girls can I join you? I'm coming over from IG as well --formerly SHUMZ. I've started my sway. Been on supps for about two months and trying to stick to a semi acidic diet. This month hasn't been a great sway so we may not BD the next few days cause I may O in the next two days. Hoping next month I'll do better wi diet. We have three little boys and this is our last baby. We've always wanted 3-4 kids. I Love having boys and always wanted boys, but after three, it would be nice to have a DD.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hi and welcome! Best of luck to you and everyone!!

Chicky
March 25th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Hi. I am from IG too. I swayed with my 2nd but was blessed with my second ds so I am trying again. We plan to start practicing as soon as af returns (stopped bfing this month) and hopefully we can start ttc in June. Currently I am buying all my supplies and will be doing tbm. Posting from my phone so I will post more later but wanted to ask if you girls think the crystal rock lamp at walmart is the same as a rock salt lamp? Thanks and looking forward to helping each other in our journey.

aintnocinderella
March 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Hi ladies, i too am trying for a pink one. I am very lucky my hubby is fully on board but more worried than i am if it fails. Lots of my fam and friend know what i have planned and are worried about me but i am so desperate for a girl i would do whatever it takes. We are going on holiday til Florida in Sept which is good an bad, Bad because i want to try now and Good because it gives me plenty of time to really track my cycles. I am using BBT to track OV exactly , OPK and CM charting. I have changed my diet to loose over 2.5 stone which for the us peeps is 35lbs i think ? so right now i am good for girls. I skip breakfast and lunch most days and eat onyl one meal. My weakness in night time munching. Closer to Spet (trying to convince DH for one try before the holiday since it probably wont work and wont matter if i am as it will be the 2WW) i hope to take calcium, cranberry and Mag suppliments (already stocked up), i plan to make a little list of foods and meal ideas to keep my salt low in the meals i choose but know nothing about moons and IONS. I am good with all the science stuff which is what convinced me a sway could work and i dont want to leave ANYTHING to chance. if it doesnt work i can say i tried as best as i could. I also keep a food diary so i can see how it effects my PH and as long as i can keep it low i will tweak it to 600-800 cals. I also bought some Rephresh and if my Ph spikes around OV will use that along with a Whopping 5 (poss 6 day) cut off as my DH has super sperm and i fell with just one BD each time i fell with my boys. The middle one was classic timing as i dtd right after +OPK and number too was a happy accident resulting from a naughty shower (sorry TMI) but i didnt know anything about swaying back then its just a good memory and dates that add up to both the last two being probably on the day of OV. As for number 1 DS who knows i know i had a typical boy diet ( i was living in america) Sorry its so long. Happy to meet you all and good luck x x x

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Welcome! Let me know how I can help!

aintnocinderella
March 26th, 2011, 02:22 PM
i do have one question for you Atomic Sage, Do you know what the longest cut off was when TTC and if it was a boy or girl. I have everything crossed that a baby girl for me will be more about timing and diet and weight, i am firm believer in the science ( i have a btec in forensics) and i will pin point OV to the day with OPK and BBT but i really want to aim long as at the moment my body is staying at around ph4- 4.5. Also am i right in thinking that as long as i keep low calorie and my ph stays low i dont have to worry too much about what diet i am doing (keeping clear of really bad foods) as my body cant distinguish between any foods specifically, clearly its acidic enough (atm) and if i stick to not eating very much my body will think there is not much food available. i am hoping that if i eat a little amount of food there is only so much salt i can take in and if i bulk it out with rice and pasta whilst taking loads of suppliments so long as the levels of mag, calcium and cranberry are that much higher than sodium and potasium.

shouldihope?
March 27th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Ain't no cinderella you sound a lot like me. I am desperate for a girl and don't know what I will do if I hear "It's a boy" for the 4th time. We are hoping to start trying in June or July. My husband will do the supps and some of the diet stuff (not sure how disciplined he will truly be). I am just happy he is willing. I too am clueless about ions and moons. We did not sway with any of our kids before. In fact I got pregnant with DS2 while nursing my 5 month old DS1. Our DS3 was an oops after we got rid of all our baby stuff thinking we might be done. I was sure he was a girl. When they told me he wasn't I was shocked. I just finished nursing him a month ago. I am not sure if that has any effect on a sway? Anyway just can't get the thought of not having a girl out of my head. I hope this is the cure. Very nervous about it though. Trying not to overthink it, yeah right!

aintnocinderella
March 27th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Is there a part of you that thinks if its a boy again you will want another and another and another? i know we cant really afford it and i know it wouldnt be fair on the boys as we try our best to do lots of things but as they ar getting older if i dont go back to work we just cant afford to do those things but then i think that they are lucky that i am home and i do lots of fun things and cheap things. lots of cooking and art things at home. I tested DH ph last night.... wish i hadnt. In the uk its illegal to go for gender selection. I am from a family i mixed genders. my mum had me first then my brother and couldnt have any more because of endimetriosis but my dad remarried had another two boys then a girl. my nan and grandad had one of each on his side and my mums parents had a girl first, then a boy, then a girl (who sadly died of sids) then two more boys. My cousin had a little girl and is one of two girls but her sister (my other cousin) had a little boy this year. My aunt and uncle had three boys and a girl. so really there is no genetic factor just seems to be me. The other thing is that my oldest son was born when i was married to my first husband (very silly and got married at 18) my little two are with my husband and he has a girl and a boy. both his ex's went on to have more boys so it cant be him right :S his daughter is his oldest and when i told him he had to drink lots of beer and 'lower' alot he laughed and said its like being 20 again (when he had his daughter. i love my boys and we are close but not close like i want to be with a girl. i dont have a sister. *Humph* i over think everything! i am so obsessed my mission is to read every single post on this forum incase i miss something, i have been writing EVERYTHING down but isnt that good for boys *sigh* from what i can tell we should be using lavender and need more negative ions around us. i will look in to it and find a list of things we need. i know its a salt rock lamp and we should have girl stuff under our bed? i am in the UK so not sure how some things translate either. thank goodness for ebay. Are you testing ph?

Out of the Blue
March 27th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hi Pink Mamas! My story is similar to Chunky Monkey’s…We’ve got 2 boys (3 & 1) and we will probably end w/3 kiddos (although DH would love 5+!). We will start TTC Pink in May. I am consumed w/having a girl. I NEED A GIRL! Even our 3 dogs are boys, lol! Most of the time, I’m really excited to sway and get preggers again but since this is our last shot, I get quite stressed and sad as I may never get my girl. We had briefly considered HT after the birth of DS#2 but it just didn’t seem right for us. We would have adopted by now but it’s so expensive. I’m trying to stay positive, do what I can and just let the rest happen. Compared to most, I’m kind of doing a pink sway-lite or “Mellow-Yellow” approach…I am still BF DS#2 and we don’t quite want to give that up yet so things are a bit restricted sway-wise. I just got my 1st AF cycle back on 3-5-2011 so when I ovulate is anyone’s guess and things will be a bit crazy for the next 6 mos. I probably should just wait and figure out my cycle and let things get normal b4 TTC but I would really like a spring ’12 baby and I’m in my late 30s so time’s a tickin’…
My head is swimming w/sway info and there is soooo much more I need to learn. I feel like I’m trying to cram for a final exam and the test is coming way too soon! I just got my Hanna Ph tester in the mail today (and am trying to figure it out…), I’m using OPKs & charting my basal temp, and waiting for my Replens, Sylk, Ovulite microscope and Diva Cup to arrive in the mail. I drink 100% cran juice every a.m., take cal-mag supps, stay away from caffeine and take B-6 but that’s about it. I won’t go the aspartame route but I will give up my Truvia (starting tomorrow!). I don’t consume dairy or meat (except for a bit of fish here and there) but may consider adding yogurt to my diet for a while. Unfortunately the “losing weight at time of conception” sway won’t work for me. I actually lose 15-20 lbs in the first 6 mos of pregnancy so I need to keep what I have. It sounds like I really need to study up on Ions as this one is new to me. We will probably be attempting the O+12 method along w/ a 4 day cut-off as I would like to get preggers sooner than later. If I’m not confident about gauging when I’ll ovulate, we’ll just do the O+12 along w/missionary position, shallow penetration & no O. DS#2 was a Shettles attempt gone wrong…we DTD too close to ovulation due to a miscalculation on my part (was BF DS#1 so my cycle was unpredictable at that time and OOPSIE…got a +OPK too soon). We got preg w/DS#2 b4 actually TTC (was just trying to get my cycle straight b4 TTC) so I guess we were just meant to have him and he’s definitely a sweet little keeper!
DH also really wants a girl(s!) and is wonderfully supportive of swaying as long as it doesn’t hurt me and I don’t spend too much more $$$ on swaying aides.
I also came from I.G. and love that site but have been very frustrated w/the darn Chimps every time I try to log on. PurplePoet, I too would love, love, LOVE twins!!! Regarding swaying, I too want to be able to say I did everything I could to TTC a girl. I am so very thankful to have found this site/thread to meet other aspiring Pink Mamas. I wish you all TONS of luck and hope we all get some PINK this summer!

Chicky
March 27th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Here are some things you can do for neg ions:
Ki-flow bracelet, O in New Moon, waterfalls in house, rock salt lamp, neg ion oulet plug (they have these for cars too), fans blowing on you while at the computer, rose quartz, tourmaline, neg ion hair dryers, oil diffuser with lavendar. Hope that helps.
I am still anxiously awaiting AF. My temps indicate I haven't even O'd but it has been almost a months since I stopped bfing so I'm getting annoyed. Need to not stress though! I bought my supplements and am still waiting on my hannah to arrive...can't believe I'll be ttc again soon. Exciting!

Out of the Blue
March 28th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Thx for the Ion info, Chicky! AF will come soon...I know it's soooo frustrating just waiting and waiting! We were actually planning to TTC last fall but there was still no sign of AF then (probably b/c DS#2 wasn't sleeping through the night yet...even by 8 mos!). Sending you lots of AF NOW! thoughts, lol!

jjc3434 - hmmmm...not sure about those blankets. Good question! Maybe someone else will have info...

aintnocinderella
March 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM
i dont think i have ever wanted to ovulate so bad. i am doing bbt which is very strange and i dont think its working, i get so excited about changes in my CM and write it all down. i think i am going mad :) going to have shot at one cycle before the holiday i just need to chart my cycle for deffinate day cont so i can check if it will be a new moon or not when i ovulate in August. i my mum had a - tive ion thingy already infact she had 2 so i have one next to the bed and she is buying me my bracelet. there was lots of lavender in my garden but i took it out. maybe i need to plant some more. my mum is all in to her oils and stuff too so i will grab tha off her. thanks for the info. whats all the pink stuff and wooden spoon under the bed ? i am going to do it just cos people said they have but would love to know why.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
It's just for fun - an OWT.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I want to get one of these Ki-flow bracelets. How many do I need? Can I just get one? Do you place it near your ovaries? What about DH? Do negative ions effect his sperm?

Have you guys seen these blankets you put over you belly when you are pregnant to protect you from radiation when on the computer?: http://www.mom4life.com/belly-armor-radiation-protective-blankets-by-radiashield.html I am wondering if this is good for negative ions. I have an online business, so I am on the computer a lot.

I think that blanket is a great idea! I'm sorry I am kind of uneducated in Ions, I will get myself up to snuff!

DoulaMama
March 29th, 2011, 11:11 PM
YAY! Look at all the pink swayers we have!!! So awesome! I'm really excited about getting pregnant again...and looking at the lovely ladies that will be pregnant around the same time makes me even more excited:)

Atomic....a question....would a person start incorporating these things into their lifestyle way in advance(supps + ions) or wait and do it with diet all at the same time about 6 weeks before TTC? Is is better to shock the system for a chance at a different sex?

Talk soon Ladies!

4BlueLooking4Pink
March 30th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I *think* we'll be swaying. I go back & forth on wanting to sway/ttc and wanting to wait. But knowing it could take awhile to get pg while ttc pink I should probably get started!

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 08:24 PM
YAY! Look at all the pink swayers we have!!! So awesome! I'm really excited about getting pregnant again...and looking at the lovely ladies that will be pregnant around the same time makes me even more excited:)

Atomic....a question....would a person start incorporating these things into their lifestyle way in advance(supps + ions) or wait and do it with diet all at the same time about 6 weeks before TTC? Is is better to shock the system for a chance at a different sex?

Talk soon Ladies!

I go back and forth on this question DM - I tend to think that starting supps and ions earlier and then hitting it hard with diet 6-8 weeks in advance is best.

But, there have been a couple people who went vegetarian/lower protein for several months first (so you might do this along with supps and ions, in advance) and then get very strict with the diet and weight loss at the 6/8 week mark. Yes, it's not as big of a shock to the system but testosterone does take the longest to lower, so it might be a good tactic if you are very muscular and high T. If I was going to sway pink again, that is what I would do.

3boys
March 31st, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hi ladies,
I'm trying to conceive a girl after three boys. I will be trying beginning of June.

I will be taking Clomid for fertility reasons so am worried about how I am going to sway pink and actually conceive. However I am DESPERATE for a girl!! It makes me sad that all the girl sways are so hard to get pregnant with. If I wasn't on Clomid then I could try everything as it is I need to come up with my own sway that gets me pregnant but with hopefully a girl this time.

DH has been brilliant and agreed to do Sups, Diet whatever I tell him to basically LOL.

I would love twins also but one little girl would do me just fine.

Good luck everyone, looking forward to getting to know you all x

nothingbutblue87
March 31st, 2011, 05:48 PM
I had read in the forums that Clomid sways girl, I too will be on clomid trying for a girl in may! GL!! here is the link if you are interested
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1191-Clomid&highlight=clomid

aintnocinderella
March 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Hi 3 boys... there are quite few of us with 3 boys :) I read too that clomid sways pink. To put your mind at ease its not just one thing but 7. diet seems to quite a contributing factor(IMHO) and if you and hubby are up for that then your in a good place for starters. welcome x

Glittergirl
March 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Hi girls,
Well april is approaching and I think AF will come next week because we DTD only once this month! I was going for abstinence and 3-4 day cutoff, but ended up with a 5 day cutoff so there's no way I'll get a BFP this month. Then, I didn't want to BD cause I was afraid it would only be a 4-5 day abstinence which screams BOY! Dh is so awesome for that. So here's my new plan: BD everyday or every other day from after AF to 3 day cutoff, then have DH release everyday (outside of body...sorry TMI) and bd again o+12. Hoping that will keep the sperm count low. With DS we dtd with a +opk after a 3-5 day abstinence ( I just wanted to get pg). Any advice, does this look good? Also, do you think my ions are OK? I have a himalayan salt candleholder and I put a tealight in it everyday (flame is good right?) I wear amethyst necklace at all times, lavender soap and bodycream, ion hairdryer, we have two huge aquariums in the house, walks outside when it cools down at night, anything else you think I should add?

3boys
April 1st, 2011, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the replys! We will be doing the Diet, Sups (I prob won't be doing too much cranberry as clomid really dries me up TMI), I've got lots of Neg Ion stuff also.

It is the timing thing that I'm worried about as I will only be on Clomid for three months for now and do not want to waste it by having too long a cut off or O+12 and miss the egg. on the other hand I conceived all three of my DS by DTD EVERYDAY so I kind of feel that doesn't work making girls for us.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the replys! We will be doing the Diet, Sups (I prob won't be doing too much cranberry as clomid really dries me up TMI), I've got lots of Neg Ion stuff also.

It is the timing thing that I'm worried about as I will only be on Clomid for three months for now and do not want to waste it by having too long a cut off or O+12 and miss the egg. on the other hand I conceived all three of my DS by DTD EVERYDAY so I kind of feel that doesn't work making girls for us.

BRAVO! You are exactly 100% doing the right thing. Clomid just by itself, DOES sway pink. We know this for a fact. So you are very wise not to waste time on things that may or may not even sway like cranberry and timing. Just focus on a low protein, low cal, low fat, low nutrient diet and cut back on salt and I think you will be in a great place for your sway.

3boys
April 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
BRAVO! You are exactly 100% doing the right thing. Clomid just by itself, DOES sway pink. We know this for a fact. So you are very wise not to waste time on things that may or may not even sway like cranberry and timing. Just focus on a low protein, low cal, low fat, low nutrient diet and cut back on salt and I think you will be in a great place for your sway.

Thank you for this reply. It makes me feel better :-)

Out of the Blue
April 4th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to you all who let me know more about the neg. ions...Just ordered a lamp, bracelet, necklace and USB plug-in for the PC. The bracelet and necklace are pink to remind me of what I'm after. Hoping that'll cover things on the ion front. Regarding other swaying stuff...I've been cheating on my diet a bit. Had some tomato sauce, coffee and still trying to quit Truvia (I won't go the aspertame route at all so I just need to quit sweet stuff all together I guess)...I did, however, add some dairy to my diet and am eating non-fat organic greek yogurt. I just got my Hanna Ph tester calabrated for the 1st time yesterday and will be using it often now to gauge where I am. The "girl" diet is a bit crazy for me since I am always striving to make my Ph very high (since I believe it's healthier for my body in general) but to sway pink it's the opposite. I'm hoping that I'll only have to do this diet a few more mos. I hope all of you Pink Mamas are doing well. I'm so excited to get this PINK PARTY started already! =]

DoulaMama
April 4th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to you all who let me know more about the neg. ions...Just ordered a lamp, bracelet, necklace and USB plug-in for the PC. The bracelet and necklace are pink to remind me of what I'm after. Hoping that'll cover things on the ion front. Regarding other swaying stuff...I've been cheating on my diet a bit. Had some tomato sauce, coffee and still trying to quit Truvia (I won't go the aspertame route at all so I just need to quit sweet stuff all together I guess)...I did, however, add some dairy to my diet and am eating non-fat organic greek yogurt. I just got my Hanna Ph tester calabrated for the 1st time yesterday and will be using it often now to gauge where I am. The "girl" diet is a bit crazy for me since I am always striving to make my Ph very high (since I believe it's healthier for my body in general) but to sway pink it's the opposite. I'm hoping that I'll only have to do this diet a few more mos. I hope all of you Pink Mamas are doing well. I'm so excited to get this PINK PARTY started already! =]

I too have difficulty wrapping my head around such an acidic diet. I'm really not looking forward to it at all. My PH is very high naturally as well, and I'm afraid I'll feel very ill on this diet. I'm wondering if lowering my testosterone would be enough to get the odds closer to 50/50. Maybe throw timing and supps and ions into the mix.....Sigh. Food has always been a pain in my ass....and in a month or two it's going to be a very large pain..LOL

Can I ask where you picked up your neg ion products? I have a salt lamp and rose quartz and hematite bracelet. That's it though.
THX:)

Out of the Blue
April 4th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I too have difficulty wrapping my head around such an acidic diet. I'm really not looking forward to it at all. My PH is very high naturally as well, and I'm afraid I'll feel very ill on this diet. I'm wondering if lowering my testosterone would be enough to get the odds closer to 50/50. Maybe throw timing and supps and ions into the mix.....Sigh. Food has always been a pain in my ass....and in a month or two it's going to be a very large pain..LOL

Can I ask where you picked up your neg ion products? I have a salt lamp and rose quartz and hematite bracelet. That's it though.
THX:)

I had a shopping spree yesterday on Amazon.com :oops: I typed in "negative Ion" in the search section and TONS of things came up. I've been looking into crystals and would like to get a necklace made if I can find the right kind.

Yeah...The darn girl diet! I strive to always make my body as alkaline as possible & eat the best that I can (TONS of raw fruits and veggies!) but I guess a few mos won't hurt. I haven't started checking CM Ph yet but my saliva is usually around 8ish. I'm thinking CM will naturally be more acidic...hopefully...Once I start checking CM for a few wks, I'm hoping I'll find I'm okay Ph-wise down there. If not, I'll start having to buckle down on the diet...:fingers: If I don't eat my normal diet, I start feeling fatigued and grouchy. It's amazing how food really affects you!

Good luck on your sway!!! :luck::luck::babygirl::luck::luck:

Yuzu
April 4th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I started my supplements on April 1. I'm going to take 90 days to get my body in order and then DH and I will start! Like many of you I have 3 boys. My boys have a big age difference, and the only thing I can think of that is consistent between now and twenty years ago is that I have a very high protein diet. I crave red meat (because I'm slightly anemic). So I'm cutting down A LOT on protein in addition to the supplements. I hope it works!

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hey I just wanted to pop in here quick to let everyone know my husband just started a new work schedule (he's home a lot more) so I have been hard-pressed for computer time the last few days. This should calm down in a couple weeks when the novelty wears off. For now I am alternating answering boy q's and girl q's, I don't want anyone to think I've forgotten them!!

kaseybaby
April 8th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone! So glad to be joining all you ladies.

I have 1 amazing DS who is 15 months. My DH would love a girl as would I, but I am very intimidated by all this sway stuff and trying to make my body unhealthy.

I plan on TTC in July, and I am hoping the moons and fresh air will work to my benefit. Either way, I would welcome another DS with open arms, as I know it is ultimately in Gods hands.

3boys
April 9th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone hope you are well.
Well today is my last weekend on a 'normal diet' as of Monday I am going to be super starving. We are having an Indian takeaway tonight (oh how I am going to miss takeaways lol) and a big roast dinner tomorrow... I will be savouring every mouthful.

DoulaMama
April 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Oops....Uh....got a little carried away last night...without a condom....eek.

I'm nursing and haven't had a cycle in 10 months so I'm sure I'll be fine.....

I'm such a dolt.:worry::oops:

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone! So glad to be joining all you ladies.

I have 1 amazing DS who is 15 months. My DH would love a girl as would I, but I am very intimidated by all this sway stuff and trying to make my body unhealthy.

I plan on TTC in July, and I am hoping the moons and fresh air will work to my benefit. Either way, I would welcome another DS with open arms, as I know it is ultimately in Gods hands. Some of the stuff that is for pink swaying is actually healthier, like eating lower sodium, lower protein, and less calories. I have a bad habit of calling that stuff "unhealthy" because it really isn't! It's more that it makes you less fertile, not less healthy.

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Uh-oh!!! That sounds very familiar!! KFX!!

Out of the Blue
April 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM

Sending you TONS of AF vibes. W/DS#1, it took 8 mos to get AF back and w/DS#2, it took 13 mos but he's been demanding w/the milk. Regarding your OOPS, we did the same thing and up until about 10 days ago, we thought there was a chance I might be preggers since I'm still trying to figure out my cycle. Only on #2 now & things are still crazy.

Come on, AF!!!:cheerteam:

hollyberry7
April 12th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Hi ladies - I am new and just posted my introduction this morning! I'll be joining you all for TTC PINK this summer! This will be my first time trying to conceive, so not sure what gender my body will produce...just in case, I'm going to give it a little boost to sway pink :pray: Since this will be my first, I don't plan to do the douching since I'm extremely sensitive down there. If #1 turns out to be a boy, I'll consider going that route with #2. I plan to go on the girl diet on May 1 and use the 2-3 day cut off method. For now, I'm just praying that I'm fertile! My mom and sis had no trouble TTC with the exception of my sis after she turned 35.

3boys
April 13th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Day three of Diet..... I'm starving and feeling very sorry for myself!! This better work LOL

DoulaMama
April 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Day three of Diet..... I'm starving and feeling very sorry for myself!! This better work LOL

HUGS!!! I feel sorry for you too!! I'm joining you tomorrow! Sigh. I've been dieting for quite some time and it's been hard...I honestly don't know if I can limit myself even more! It makes me want to just give up already!
Good luck!!! You can do it!

DoulaMama
April 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Uh-oh!!! That sounds very familiar!! KFX!!

Sending you TONS of AF vibes. W/DS#1, it took 8 mos to get AF back and w/DS#2, it took 13 mos but he's been demanding w/the milk. Regarding your OOPS, we did the same thing and up until about 10 days ago, we thought there was a chance I might be preggers since I'm still trying to figure out my cycle. Only on #2 now & things are still crazy.

Come on, AF!!!:cheerteam:

Thank you!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well. I think I'm ok though. No signs of ovulation yet at all. I check my cervix and so far it hasn't budged.

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
HUGS!!! I feel sorry for you too!! I'm joining you tomorrow! Sigh. I've been dieting for quite some time and it's been hard...I honestly don't know if I can limit myself even more! It makes me want to just give up already!

I answered you on your other thread but if you feel overwhelmed and like you need to give up, take a second and regroup and aim higher...it's WAY better to aim for a realistic pink diet than to try to do everything and fail. Keeping up that weight loss is the most important thing for you!

Glittergirl
April 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Atomic, I took your advice and am keeping protein low and not worrying about the fact that I eat salads here and there ( I really missed my veggies). So do you think if I try to lose at least one or two more pounds in the next week that should help me out? I'm already 5 pounds lighter than when i conceived my boys, I'm very thin to begin with and i have cut out all weight training and taking advanced spinning at the gym to try to shed one or two more pounds. It's very hard for me to lose another few pounds to be underweight. I'm praying that losing these two pounds will really shock my body and think times are hard. I skip breakfast, somedays until 2pm!!!

DoulaMama
April 13th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I answered you on your other thread but if you feel overwhelmed and like you need to give up, take a second and regroup and aim higher...it's WAY better to aim for a realistic pink diet than to try to do everything and fail. Keeping up that weight loss is the most important thing for you!

Thank you AS!!! Realistic...I think that's exactly right. I get my head in the clouds(I'm a pisces...LOL)and then when I actually have to do it I freak out about having way too much on my plate! Thank you for your kind words:)

WantingPink
April 14th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Hi to everyone swaying for a girl this summer. I am hoping to join you in late summer. We are moving cross country in June and since I keep hearing that stress increases testosterone I am thinking we should wait until Aug (but the wait is killing me!!). I am planing on doing the diet but I won't be going all the way with low nutrition... low calorie, high fiber, high Ca, Mg, low Na, K. Will be aiming to lose some weight so I am gaining a little right now so I have some to loose for a couple months. Will be taking Ca supplement, cranberry, and acidophilus (maybe also baby aspirin). I still cant decide if we should do a +3 day cut off or a O+12 cutoff. Also contemplating doing a splime diaphragm (4.5-5.0 pH for 10 minutes) and insert for 4 hours plus taking an antihistamine or may just do shallow release with no big O. As far as ions I am thinking some sort of running water something by my bed with a fan and getting a few more plants in the house. I will also have to lay off the computer (this will be hard). Also toying around with the idea of spermacide a few days before we TTC. For DH trying to talk him into not releasing for 7-14 days and taking a hot shower. Not sure... doing all these things is either going to get us a girl or going to drive me crazy because it will take forever to get BFP.

I based my sway on doing the opposite of what I did with my sons (DTD on day before O and O), did have big O, was gaining weight with both, lots of sodium and little dairy, lots of CM, full moon, etc.

Any thoughts... is this sway realistic or is it over the top??

Indira
April 14th, 2011, 09:32 AM
sounds like a very good plan!
If I takes a long time to get pregnant, you may decide later after a couple of months to take some things out.
Be carefull about gaining weight now to loose it later, that can be risky atomic told me. You might have jojo effect and donīt know whether your body gives a īgirl timesīsignal. Maybe itīs better to maintain your weight now and loose some close to August.
Good luck! with the moving as well

ladybug
April 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I am a 36 year old SAHM mom with 2 perfect sons....one age 4 and the other is 2...I have finally convinced my hubby to go for #3.....I really want a girl....I am an only child and I have such a great bond with my mom and I would LOVE to have that mother-daughter bond as well....My sons are wonderful and if I get another healthy son I will be ok as well....I am trying to get my sway plan in place...I am having my IUD removed next week and I am going to start calcium,magnesium and cranberry tabs....I plan to start trying in June....I am in the process of changing mu diet as well...Hubby will give up caffine and have a hot bath right before but thats it....I am also thinking of doing the O+12 and also going to use vinegar douches....I usually get pregnant right away but I realize it will probably take longer this time....Any ladies got any advice of things to add to my sway...I am looking forward to sharing my journey

3boys
April 15th, 2011, 04:46 AM

Thanks Hun. Day five of hitting it harsh and I can actually say I'm beginning to get a bit used to it. Im dreading Sunday round my Mother in laws as it's much easier to control what you eat at home. She is going to think I am sooo rude (she doesn't know we are swaying). How are you feeling now you've started?

Welcome everyone new to Summer Swaying!

DoulaMama
April 15th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks Hun. Day five of hitting it harsh and I can actually say I'm beginning to get a bit used to it. Im dreading Sunday round my Mother in laws as it's much easier to control what you eat at home. She is going to think I am sooo rude (she doesn't know we are swaying). How are you feeling now you've started?

Welcome everyone new to Summer Swaying!
Way to go for sticking to it!! Sunday may work out better if you just tell her you are on a special diet in regards to your health....this diet is definitely for my health-if I don't get a girl next I may go crazy! ;)
Day 1 today....my kids have been pretty sick so it's been impossible to get to the grocery store. I've gone over what I'm going to do and it's not so daunting anymore :) I'm not going to skip breakfast, but I will push it back as far as I can. I find I get very ill if I skip breakfast. Also, I'm going to eat as low protein, calorie and fat as I can stand...but I will eat some more nutritious vegatables-ones not on the diet. I have to have a large array of foods I can choose from or I'll fail at this. I also drink black tea in the morning with sugar and milk...I wonder how much of a no-no that is.....??? I'm taking my supps daily so that in and of itself is a huge change. Now if only I could get my AF back! That would be nice.....grrrrr. I hate that I can't chart or anything. If I'm on this diet for 6 weeks and no AF I'm going to say screw it and just BD whenever...LOL

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Black tea is not horrible. It's ok. I didn't give it up (I did go on to conceive an opposite but that had nothing to do with the tea.) My mom drinks tea constantly and she has girls! And of course all the girls in Asia where tea is drunk every day. Of course, if you were able to switch to Splenda (I don't think it's good to heat up aspartame if you can avoid it.) it would be even better!

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Atomic, I took your advice and am keeping protein low and not worrying about the fact that I eat salads here and there ( I really missed my veggies). So do you think if I try to lose at least one or two more pounds in the next week that should help me out? I'm already 5 pounds lighter than when i conceived my boys, I'm very thin to begin with and i have cut out all weight training and taking advanced spinning at the gym to try to shed one or two more pounds. It's very hard for me to lose another few pounds to be underweight. I'm praying that losing these two pounds will really shock my body and think times are hard. I skip breakfast, somedays until 2pm!!! Yes Glitter, I think that would really help. Every pound helps and even though it's hard losing that last few, just know that when you are at a lower weight, each pound actually counts "more" than it does when you are at a higher weight because it is a greater percentage of your body weight.

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Hey guys, I don't always read all the posts on these threads because there are a lot, so if you have a q for me, you might want to start it in a thread to get my attention!

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Hi to everyone swaying for a girl this summer. I am hoping to join you in late summer. We are moving cross country in June and since I keep hearing that stress increases testosterone I am thinking we should wait until Aug (but the wait is killing me!!). I am planing on doing the diet but I won't be going all the way with low nutrition... low calorie, high fiber, high Ca, Mg, low Na, K. Will be aiming to lose some weight so I am gaining a little right now so I have some to loose for a couple months. Will be taking Ca supplement, cranberry, and acidophilus (maybe also baby aspirin). I still cant decide if we should do a +3 day cut off or a O+12 cutoff. Also contemplating doing a splime diaphragm (4.5-5.0 pH for 10 minutes) and insert for 4 hours plus taking an antihistamine or may just do shallow release with no big O. As far as ions I am thinking some sort of running water something by my bed with a fan and getting a few more plants in the house. I will also have to lay off the computer (this will be hard). Also toying around with the idea of spermacide a few days before we TTC. For DH trying to talk him into not releasing for 7-14 days and taking a hot shower. Not sure... doing all these things is either going to get us a girl or going to drive me crazy because it will take forever to get BFP.

I based my sway on doing the opposite of what I did with my sons (DTD on day before O and O), did have big O, was gaining weight with both, lots of sodium and little dairy, lots of CM, full moon, etc.

Any thoughts... is this sway realistic or is it over the top??

AT the very least I do hope you also do lowfat and low protein. Low nutrient is less important than the fat, calories, and protein.

I do think you should be VERY careful about gaining weight to lose for many reasons (I actually should make a thread about this.) Testosterone takes a long time to lower and it may go up from gaining weight, so you might end up shooting yourself in the foot.

I tried to take a month and gain weight back when I was swaying and I ended up having an oops pregnancy that month, so I kinda think it's prob. best to just stay where you are and not lose anything instead of trying to time weight loss, it's too chancey. GL!!!

DoulaMama
April 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Of course, if you were able to switch to Splenda (I don't think it's good to heat up aspartame if you can avoid it.) it would be even better!

Now this I can do :) Thank you!!

DoulaMama
April 19th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Ok.....back to the grind. I've been ok with diet the past 2 days, exercise...not so much. What I would like to do is get 6 days a week of intense cardio in. I was doing this at the beginning of the year for 3 months before I fell of the wagon. I may just focus solely on weight loss/exercise and skip the diet part for now. Once I get down to a lower weight and get closer to TTC then I'll fit the diet into my lifestyle like Purplepoet- one meal at a time(great idea by the way!). I think doing everything at once is way too much for me. Also, my hubby really doesn't want to TTC until July I think. Who knows.....
Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well!! Hopefully I can update my weight loss sticky soon! I'm excited to get going again!

3boys
April 20th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Ok well the diet is going well. I probably eat a little too much on Sunday with my insistent mother (you see i dont need to diet im only tiny) but I stuck to my basic principles and didn't eat anything too naughty. Have been hitting it hard core for the past two days to make up for Sundays set back. I have lost three pounds so far which isn't much but then it's hard for me to loose weight because of my size. I miss chocolate (why did I start this over Easter!!) and I miss Takeaways!

Just have to keep thinking it's all for a good cause!

purplepoet20
April 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ok well the diet is going well. I probably eat a little too much on Sunday with my insistent mother (you see i dont need to diet im only tiny) but I stuck to my basic principles and didn't eat anything too naughty. Have been hitting it hard core for the past two days to make up for Sundays set back. I have lost three pounds so far which isn't much but then it's hard for me to loose weight because of my size. I miss chocolate (why did I start this over Easter!!) and I miss Takeaways!

Just have to keep thinking it's all for a good cause!

We are going to Vegas this weekend and we always eat at buffets I will have to watch myself... And my hubby told me last night that he ordered chocolate from See's so I will have to tell my in-laws that I am saving the candy for the boys.

Out of the Blue
April 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM
We are going to Vegas this weekend and we always eat at buffets I will have to watch myself...

I'm in the same boat...going on a cruise May 1-8 and I'm kind of freaking out...Gotta keep my eyes on the prize... Hope you have a great trip, PP.

Have been hitting it hard core for the past two days to make up for Sundays set back. I have lost three pounds so far which isn't much but then it's hard for me to loose weight because of my size.

3 lbs are 3 lbs and I think that's GREAT, Mama! Logging food online really helped me last year when I lost 23 lbs. KEEP IT UP!:cheerteam:

I may just focus solely on weight loss/exercise and skip the diet part for now. Once I get down to a lower weight and get closer to TTC then I'll fit the diet into my lifestyle like Purplepoet- one meal at a time(great idea by the way!). I think doing everything at once is way too much for me.

I think I'll take that approach as I have gained a lb. I don't have any to lose really but I'm going to try to lose 2-3 before I O in mid-late May. GL to you!!!

ladybug
April 20th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I am having my IUD removed next friday and I will be joining the craziness as well....I am excited!!! I ordered 50 OPK and 50 home preg test as well...I am a big tester too..lol....Hubby and I have started calicum,magnesium and cranberry...Started drinking crystal light and skipping breakfast....I am pretty crabby come lunch time...my poor boys..lol....I have the douches, replens and ordered the sylk....Lets get this show on the road....hahaha....I was wonder does anyone look at the chinese gender calendar? I looked for fun and its says june,july & aug are girl months...I sure hope so....I also put a pink ribbon under my pillow and a wooden spoon and girl socks under the bed, I have been reading entirely too much....I am praying for Makalee Elizabeth to join our family next spring!!!

swish
April 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hi ladies, is anyone using saw palmetto as part of their sway? Can you share your experiences of it if you are, thank you!

Indira
April 21st, 2011, 09:11 AM
Iīve started taking saw palmetto yesterday, Iīll post when I notice effects. Iīm really hoping it will lower my T-levels, as they are high!

swish
April 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Thank you indira, that would be great. How do you know your t-levels are high?

3boys
April 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
Hi ladies, is anyone using saw palmetto as part of their sway? Can you share your experiences of it if you are, thank you!

I won't because I will be taking Clomid and I don't think you can take both! Would be interested to know how it works for you girls though!

Indira
April 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Thank you indira, that would be great. How do you know your t-levels are high?

When I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, they also checked my hormones and testosteron was high borderline.
Plus :oops: I have the extra hairgrow Atomic describes in the essay on how to recognize high T-levels.
Iīm not so optimistic anymore if I will be able to lower it enough, reading about the role of muscle mass I realised I always remain fairly muscled even though I havenīt worked out in years.
Iīm just giving it my best, eating low protein low fat low cal now plus the Saw palmetto.
Really hope to feel (and see! LOL) a difference soon, Iīll let you know.

aintnocinderella
April 25th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Hi ladies, its been a while since i posted, i kinda fell of the swaying wagon. thinking maybe its not for me. i cant help but think no matter how hard i try i will be in that tiny % that ends up not getting what i want. i was doing great with the diet but now just want to eat all boy foods and sleep lots. feeling very sorry for myself. i worked it out that i could have one try before we went away on holiday but if that doesnt work i will undo all my hard work and then have to start over when we get back and it is such a liong time away :( not sure why but my cycle seems much long than i remember it being too. i am keeping an eye on CM and stuff and maybe if my cycle is very regular i will change my mind but for right now i just dont think i can make the sway happen. decided i would rather dream of having a girl than say goodbye to the dream if i have another boy because i know it will be my last x

Indira
April 27th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Ok hereīs what happened with the saw palmetto: I surely felt it more effective than peppermint tea in lowering testosteron, I felt differently, much more instabile and emotional, I cried at a tv show and felt very depressed every now and then, this never happens to me. This may be progesteronas well though since I also took B6 20 mg.
BUT -warning WTMI coming up- it completely constipated me, but really bad!!
Plus at a certain point I couldnīt urinate normally, donīt know how to describe this properly, urine came out very slowly SORRY TMI and I couldnīt press it out. I also felt some pain like with BI.
This freaked me out and I stopped taking it and went back to peppermint tea as a milder option.

Now I think this taking and then stopping also caused me to not ovulate this month, I had a positive OPK on sunday and still dont have a temp rise.

I`m staying with the peppermint tea now and 6 weeks before my attempt I will try the saw palmetto again, with Benefibra or a couple of kiwiīs from start on to see if it goes better that way.

lovey dovey
May 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone, would you mind adding me to the group? We have two little boys, ages 5 and 3 and a little girl who is one. We'll be trying again this summer for #4. I did have a successful sway with my daughter - going to do things much the same again!

zanacal
May 11th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hi, I'd love to join you! We have 3 DSs - age 5, 3 and 1 - and I'm doing my best to convince DH to ttc this summer and we'll sway for a girl. I'm pretty sure he'll cave lol!

I discovered 'swaying' a couple of weeks ago and it's been consuming me ever since - I even dream of it! I'm hoping that once I've read and understood everything and decided what we'll do I'll be able to relax a bit as I know that's important too!

Right now I still have my Mirena fitted so I need to get that removed, then I'll be looking to do the girl diet and take supplements (probably only calcium, magnesium and cranberry - I want to keep it simple and I'm also still BFing DS3). I think we'll probably go for a cutoff and frequent BDing (but only once or twice without protection 2-3 days before O). I'm going to experiment with Rephresh and, if it seems to work, will use that with Zyrtec I think. I'll also get DH to take hot showers and baths and I'll jump and dump. Any thoughts on using Sylk? We've never used a lube before but if it may help ... If I find I'm not getting pregnant then I'll drop some of this!

Poor old DH doesn't have a chance of refusing me does he?!!

K x

aintnocinderella
May 16th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Please fill us in on your sway. Would love to hear what you did.... was it diff to your boys?

aintnocinderella
May 16th, 2011, 09:48 AM
oh and wellcome zanacal too :) i agree our porr DH mine is taking it very well and even reassures me when i am down. one day i hope all are dreams happen x

Mochagirl
May 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hi ladies! Can I join you?

I have three gorgeous boys: 5-year old twins and a 22 month old. I swayed very, very lazily for my ds#3 (I was a regular on IG back then). I didn't really do the diet and relied completely on timing...then I messed up my O+12 attempt and ended up with something like O-10.

This time around I'm going to try a bit harder. Baby #4 will be the last for us for sure - DH isn't fully convinced that even 4 kids is a good idea. I'm trying the diet, but I don't have the willpower to do it 100%. I can manage fasting all morning and not snacking all afternoon, but by then I was a big supper I'm so starved. I'm trying to cut down on caffeine - today I had only one cup of half-decaf half-caf, but I'm definitely suffering. I find it hard when I'm not eating enough calories to give me energy and on top of it all I'm depriving myself of caffeine. I feel like if I could have my usual afternoon latte I'd feel soooo much better.

I'm probably not going to do O+12 this time since it's so easy to mess up and all of my boys were conceived on O day. I'll probably do a cut-off, but not a long one - maybe 2 days - there's no way I can do this diet longer than 6 weeks and I want to get pregnant the first time!

We'll be making our attempt in late June, and am looking forward to getting to know the other swaying ladies!

zanacal
May 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Hi Mochagirl! I'm going to carry on having a coffee in the mornings. I've read on here that there's no evidence about caffeine swaying and I only have that one cup each day :D

K x

happyheart
May 17th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hello :) I am new and VERY VERY overwhelmed by everything! We are 8-10 weeks out from TTC so I would like to get a good grip on all of this. But I am feeling so overwhelmed that I am not sure I can do it! I am nursing my almost 16 month old son and have not had my first PPAF... ugh! Hopefully soon so I can start charting as well..

I am looking forward to learning more! :)

zanacal
May 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Happyheart - I am also nursing my 18 month old. I actually still have my Mirena IUD fitted - I'm giving DH a chance to get used to the idea that we *are* going to have another baby then I'll get it taken out! This is very, very overwhelming. I first discovered 'swaying' a few weeks ago and I've just been reading and reading ever since and slowly I'm starting to make decisions about things which feel right for me and things which don't and a plan is formulating in my mind! I think the key is not to rush into anything :D

K x