PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift ideas for a two year old boy.

Tiggerian
November 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Right.. so.. Picking a gift for my own child should be easy-peasy, right!? WRONG!

I have NO clue what to give him... He doesn't NEED anything and he has MORE than enough toys. He isn't into arts and crafts, we don't have a garden (in general we don't have a lot of space) and I just don't know what to get him.

Today is his second birthday and he got 3 books and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Farm, which he loves. He will get the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Airplane from his aunt tomorrow. But then that's sort of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme spend. I can't find anything else in that range he'd like.

He likes his cars, but he's already got way too many of them.
He likes his airplanes and helicopters, but again he's got several.

He likes books - and we're getting him some of those.
He's also getting a V-tech dinosaur thingy.

But what else?! Nothing to expensive, or too big.

The only thing he is interested in is his older brothers toys - and it doesn't matter what they are. =/ I'm really at a loss here!! ANy ideas!??

RedCanoe
November 23rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
It's hard shopping for the youngest, isn't it? They already have so much from their siblings! I found that my kids liked puzzles - the Melissa and Doug peg puzzles were a favorite - at that age. Anything Little People is usually pretty good too...

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
How about the Cars DVD, or some Duplo/Lego

Tiggerian
November 23rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
He isn't into Duplo/Lego either. We bought a massive box of it and neither of our boys have touched it!

We've already got both cars dvds!

I've added some puzzles to the list and a Leap Frog toy. But ai it's hard!

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
How about bath toys, you can get bath crayons, fishing sets and even instruments that go in the water.

Tiggerian
November 23rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hmm that might be a good idea! A chance to paint all over my bathroom!

Dreamofpink
November 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
If you can stand it, how about a harmonica as a stocking filler? You can get some really good children's instruments even for that age. We have a concertina that's very sturdy, although it can get a bit more annoying than the harmonica!

Failing that, how about some educational toys? Like Redcanoe said, the Melissa and Doug range is fab and also my two just LOVE little people toys and still play with them regularly now.

How about puppets? You can get some lovely stories with hand puppets to 'tell' the story, I think they may be called story sacks. Or a magnetic calendar? We have a big blue one that I bought for DS1 when he was about 3 and we change the day, date, month, season and weather on it using little magnets that come with it. I've just got DS1 the 'tell the time' one from Baker Ross. That's always a good website for different crafty and educational toys.

Rosie85
November 24th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Pretend doctor kit, potato head, a new blanket in his favorite color...

I have a hard time too, even though my ds2 has a ton of cars he is getting more, haha.

Tiggerian
November 24th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all your replies! Fab ideas!

In the end I've gotten him 5 books (he loves to read!), 1 leapfrog my puppy pal, 1 v-tech dinosaur, Melissa & Doug set of three construction vehicles & Melissa & Doug Horse trailer with two horses.

Rainbow baby
November 25th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Wooden train set :) My kids still play with theirs, a kite, my little guy loves his pretend lawn mower.

rosaliejenkins
November 30th, 2012, 07:38 AM
You can gift you child some toys and a fruit arrangements (http://www.fruitrepublic.com/), so that she can play with fruits and its edible so she can even eat it. This is one of the best gifts you can give to your child.

Mum23boys
November 30th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Dressing up outfit as his favourite super hero ?
Some big boy pants if he isnt yet toilet trained ?
a workmans belt with tools attached
a wormery - mine love this - mummy put it together then we went out and he dug for worms to put in it.
New bed cover perhaps in favourite character / theme
Mine have digital cameras that are special childrens one - they love them - take hundreds of photos of floors and walls with the odd half a person or their own face but then you can download to pc and share with family etc.

God I could go on all day but ill leave it there for now. If you need more ideas just shout

Boymomsrock
November 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM
If you google cardboard brick blocks you will find them. I thought i heard you can't post links here? Anyway...they take up a little space, but as long as you line them up along the wall it's no big deal really. I can't tell you how much kids of all ages thoroughly enjoy those things! They LOVE them!

jennaesue
November 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks for all your replies! Fab ideas!

In the end I've gotten him 5 books (he loves to read!), 1 leapfrog my puppy pal, 1 v-tech dinosaur, Melissa & Doug set of three construction vehicles & Melissa & Doug Horse trailer with two horses.

My littlest just turned two also, and he got that LeapFrog Puppy for his birthday. He loves it!

I am planning on getting a big set of Melissa and Doug blocks for all three boys to share.
Amazon.com: Melissa & Doug 60-Piece Standard Unit Blocks: Toys & Games (http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-60-Piece-Standard-Blocks/dp/B00008W72D/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3M68TMS0MQWVQ&coliid=I1TOVHLFXYNK88)

And I got ds3 some Blue's Clues books because he is obsessed with Blue. Other than that, I have no idea what to get him!

The Anchor
November 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
My 2 year old has recently become a big fan of spider-man...I got him this spider-man race car track set. I'll have to let you know how he likes it :)