PDA

View Full Version : What does your forum name mean?

Zivic-Bubac
March 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mine is my daughters' nick names.
We call older one Zivic or Ziza and younger one Buba (c) :Flower:

iyamaryam
March 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Mine means Maryam's mother in my native tongue, that's my first dd's name:awe:

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Mine is because I live downwind from a nuclear power plant and it is very dry and desert-like here with lots of sagebrush.

Yuzu
March 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
A Yuzu is a type of Japanese citrus fruit, which is funny because I am neither Japanese or a citrus fruit!

aabroo
March 23rd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Aabroo means honour or respect.

DoulaMama
March 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
I'm a doula:) and a mom:)

Zivic-Bubac
March 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
A Yuzu is a type of Japanese citrus fruit, which is funny because I am neither Japanese or a citrus fruit!:rofl:

Zivic-Bubac
March 23rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Mine means Maryam's mother in my native tongue, that's my first dd's name:awe:

Your forum name was one of the reasons I've started the thread, I was always wondering what it means. I figured one of your DDs is probably Mary. I was close:wink: You can call me Sherlock :cool:

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Mine is simple.. I am TTC # 5 lol

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
LOL I always thought yours was like... I'Yam ar Yam (as in, I am a yam...) I thought perhaps you may be swaying for twins or something lmfao?!!!

Tiny Dancer
March 23rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Love this question! So fun to read everyone's responses! I picked Tiny Dancer because when I think of getting my DD I think of a little ballerina! Of course if I'm lucky enough to get a DD she'll probably be the biggest tomboy on the block with two rowdy big brothers!

iyamaryam
March 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
LOL I always thought yours was like... I'Yam ar Yam (as in, I am a yam...) I thought perhaps you may be swaying for twins or something lmfao?!!!
:rofl:Oh ttc5, you got me really rolling on the floor right now...I was kinda hoping rb/bp would give me twins, well didn't happen:p

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
:rofl:Oh ttc5, you got me really rolling on the floor right now...I was kinda hoping rb/bp would give me twins, well didn't happen:p

LOL! I thought ah this one must be eating alot of yams hehehe

iyamaryam
March 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Your forum name was one of the reasons I've started the thread, I was always wondering what it means. I figured one of your DDs is probably Mary. I was close:wink: You can call me Sherlock :cool:
dat's:cool:. Kinda neat I answered you first then:D

Wanting a daughter
March 24th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I don't think I really need to answer this one....anyone unsure?

iyamaryam
March 24th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I don't think I really need to answer this one....anyone unsure?:agree:

My Fabulous Children
March 24th, 2011, 01:41 AM
My Fabulous Three :HH:

ELP
March 24th, 2011, 02:24 AM
MInes just a shortened Eight Lil Pigs:)

Tulips
March 24th, 2011, 02:57 AM
I love Tulips :) It's also been my Forum username on most forums for about 6 years.

ThePack
March 24th, 2011, 03:02 AM
My husband and I both had blogs to keep our families up to date on our kids (before our marriage). So when we did marry, Southern Crew & Team Beautiful needed a new unified name: The Pack (mostly b/c my youngest daughter was obsessed with Meerkat Manor at the time).

Freya
March 24th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Freya is a Norse goddess. Viking roots and all that :) .

Sunset
March 24th, 2011, 06:12 AM
well, my imagination isn't that great so sunset was the first thing that came to mind ha ha

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Mine is because I live downwind from a nuclear power plant and it is very dry and desert-like here with lots of sagebrush.

Atomic, you were a puzzle lol! I thought OK, atomic=super power, but why sagerbrush? Mystery resolved! LOL!

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 08:45 AM
MInes just a shortened Eight Lil Pigs:)

I figured that eventhough you changed your avatar! As I said, call me Sherlock!:cool: LOLOL!

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 08:46 AM
well, my imagination isn't that great so sunset was the first thing that came to mind ha ha

I like sunsets ( you may tell from my avatar) and when I saw your name, I thought: Dang, why didn't I thought of it!:D

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Love this question! So fun to read everyone's responses! I picked Tiny Dancer because when I think of getting my DD I think of a little ballerina! Of course if I'm lucky enough to get a DD she'll probably be the biggest tomboy on the block with two rowdy big brothers!:rofl:

lightofmylife
March 24th, 2011, 09:37 AM
mine is very simple :) my dh always call my younger daughter "light of my life" and older one is mine ;) i love her a lottt.... so it was first name came in my mind.... BUT now im really waiting for blue light in my life ;)

dramabird
March 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Great question! Drama = I've done lots of theatre in my life and minored in it in college; bird = British slang for "girl" (I'm not British but once dated a guy from England; he's long since gone -- good riddance! :) -- but the phrase stuck.)

aintnocinderella
March 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
mine is the name i used since i was a teenager when the lyrics from a song about a girl who went down a bad road in life and she replies with the lyrics. " i aint no cinderella, i aint waiting for no prince to save me " just kinda stuck. i beleive we create our own destiny and even those who we deem to need help might not want it. they might be well informed with the mess they are in but be ok with it.

purplepoet20
March 24th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Mine is my email.... to lazy to come up with a new one. 1 wk before my 20th b-day I signed up for yahoo figured I like the color purple and I write poetry and almost 20. I used to have the same for hotmail and AOL but decided to stick to one email address. I use purplepoet20 on everything so I don't forget.

skrimpy
March 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM
mine is my nickname from my school days :) I tend not to use it much anymore as I have changed so much since the kid that personified - but it's good for forums.

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 12:37 AM
I have two girls with a third on the way, we are literally exploding with tulle and girly stuff.

puppydogstails
March 25th, 2011, 09:13 AM
This really is a good question and some of the posts here have really had me chuckling!!! :bigsmile: Not sure mine needs to much explaining either lol, 2 little slugs and snails and puppy dogs tails is what i have been blessed with so far! :heart: Hopefully can add some sugar and spice to my life to!! ( just to make sure, from the rhyme, otherwise you're all probably thinking i'm insaine!!!! :rofl:)

carsuk
March 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM
it was about 3 years ago joinign ig and with 3 bolys in the house thats all id hear is broom broom playing with their cars lol

Three Gorgeous Pickles
March 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Three gorgeous pickles is what I dream of having. I have two already - my two gorgeous little boys - but Im not complete yet and hope for one more (preferably pink, please).

Out of the Blue
March 30th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Uma Jain is the name of our future daughter...Hope we get a BFP this summer so we can finally meet her in the spring. Sigh...:awe:

it was about 3 years ago joinign ig and with 3 bolys in the house thats all id hear is broom broom playing with their cars lol

OMG...That totally cracks me up. I can soooo relate!:rofl:

xnicolax
March 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Well I an not creative at all, nicola is my name, lol. I put an x on either side for decoration:rofl:

I would like to change it but a) I cant think of anything else to call myself, b) I dont like that people wont know who I am, and c) when I google it, some IT girl comes up so I cant really be found unless someone has a lot of time on their hands and wants to spend hours going through the countless google pages:)

boyjoy
March 30th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Mine is clear enough i think. I want a boy joy so much!!!! Hope it s a boy, baking inside me.

Glittergirl
March 31st, 2011, 02:34 AM
I used Shumz on IG, that's my dog's name and he's a boy! This time around, I wanted something girly...for luck! When I think of having a girl, I think of glitter, and frill, and a lavender tutu! If I had a girl tho, she doesn't stand a chance with 3 big brothers so it may be more like overalls, jeans, and plaid flannel shirts (not that I dress my boys that way LOL!)

tropicgal
March 31st, 2011, 07:18 AM
Mine is just a spin off being a girl living in the tropics....also inspired by the loads of fruit juices I am consuming on my blue sway attempt!

desperatefordresses
March 31st, 2011, 06:53 PM
When I joined IG, I had just found out that baby #2 was a boy. Desperate is a little strong, but I had to think of something that went with dresses! I couldn't very well put Wishing/Hoping/Praying for Dresses...doesn't sound the same!

Belle
March 31st, 2011, 10:08 PM
My imaginary daughters nickname

Dark Angel
March 31st, 2011, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know the song by Blue Rodeo called Dark Angel? That's where mine came from! Every time I day dream about my future DD, that song comes into my head! :) These are the lyrics...

I met this girl... she was walking through one of my dreams...she kissed my eyes...and everything, that she said
made so much sense..to me..that I still feel like I'm half asleep...

My dark angel...she gave me diamonds for eyes...she walked by...now I'm hypnotised...by this dream
That just won't stop...and I feel...like I've always been lost in this dream

The rumours of heaven...only speak the truth on earth...my dark angel, shine your light on my curse
You are the other that I have to find...Until I do...I guess I'll see you 'round my mind

So Colorado...Is a place I have to go...I heard a rumour, she loves the mountains and the snow
My dark angel...she gave me diamonds for eyes, My dark angel...I offer you my heart...My dark angel...
I think I loved you from the start

'Cause there's this face that I know...That I've never seen...Sometimes I feel I'm livin' in Someone else's dream
Still I thank you, For stopping to talk...And I wonder...Just into who's dream did who walk

Oh my dark angel...Shine your light on me

FiveDiamonds
April 4th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Five Diamonds is for my five children. Each diamond is beautiful but different in its own way.

Iris_star
April 4th, 2011, 04:02 PM
mines just because i like the iris flower :) xxxx

annie
April 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Mine is my middle name

LolaInLove
April 4th, 2011, 05:20 PM
My nickname is Lola and I added the "InLove" because I have a new DH (well, married for 15 months now) who is awesome and I'm finally in love with my husband, as opposed to last time around, which is such a nice feeling! :awe:

nicnee1976
April 4th, 2011, 05:39 PM
When I was little my baby brother could not say my name (Nicola) as he started to talk. He used to call me 'Nicnee' instead and it kind of stuck for many years. 1976 is my year of birth, but once I hit 40 I think I will remove that and change it for 1986 instead!! Lol!!

queen-of-harts
April 4th, 2011, 06:05 PM
My last name is Hart and i have 6 boys!

daisyfay311
April 4th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Mine comes from a character in a book (a little girl growing up in Mississippi with crazy family members...I identified!) and my birthday.

Hobbermittens
April 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Mine is weird, and I would have changed it, but when I left IG I wanted to make sure people knew who I was, so I kept my name. "Hobber" is what my DD1 used to call lobsters when she was little. When we were helping her put on mittens, we would have her open and close her hand like a lobster claw, so we could see that her fingers were in the right places. She'd say "Hobber!" and open and close her fingers in the mittens like she was pinching.I picked it because I thought it would be easy to remember, but I didn't realize how weird and easy to google it is...:suprise:

FiveDiamonds
April 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I think it's cute!

Kazz2011
April 5th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Mine is just my nickname that most if not all my friends call me and I just added this year to the end of it. :)

mmsgirlie22
April 9th, 2011, 12:18 PM
mms=my initials
girlie=because I'm a girl
22=lucky number

Zivic-Bubac
April 9th, 2011, 02:34 PM
22=lucky number
22 is my lucky number as well!!! I was born on October 22, long, long time ago LOLOL!!!!

CeeCee
April 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Mine is a nickname given to me by my co-workers, which is my initials (CC).

Amelie
April 10th, 2011, 01:20 AM
mine is the name I want to give to my future daughter..... I know this sound sick, but it gives me hope....

Zivic-Bubac
April 10th, 2011, 04:51 AM
mine is the name I want to give to my future daughter..... I know this sound sick, but it gives me hope....

Not sick at all!!!!:HH:
I already have prepared 3 names for my future baby, 2 if it's a girl, and 1 if it's a boy! LOL!

boymom
April 10th, 2011, 06:05 AM
mine needs no explaining. haha mom to boys.
What a great thread, 'queen of harts', I love your name, how fitting for a mom of 6 boys:)

bellybadge
April 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I also am from IG orginally so this SN is the same as my SN there. Anyways my SN "bellybadge" is because on the show carebears they wear "bellybadges" symbols to stand for their power/talent/personality...i.e funshine bear is happy and has a sun bellybadge on his tummy etc. I've had 8 m/cs (1 was ectopic so I have a scar on my belly button) & have 3 daughters. So my bellybadge is my ectopic sugery scar in away, plus I have on my lower stomach were the womb is located around a tattoo with a zipper going down that is unzippered to show a heart which could be my bellybadge in a way aslso as well and that is symbolizing my children are my heart and they grew in my womb etc.

Lilhoney
April 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Mine is inspired by DH... he calls me honey. We're ttc for a girl so I thought it was a fitting name since we are hoping for a lil honey! And lilhoney is slang for cute girl here n da south (especially n da "A" aka Hotlanta). LOL

JustKim
April 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM
JustKim is me. I'm just Kim. Lol