PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture anyone?

Kris217
March 23rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
I've had it done maybe 6 times and will have it done again just before i try as i've heard many times it can help even if it's only 1 time!
My sister fell first attempt and she also recommended it to 2 of her friends who had problems for 12 months conceiving and they both got pregnant.
Coincidence maybe but i'll be giving it a go....can't hurt :)

TTC5
March 23rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Is it expensive?

Kris217
March 24th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I pay $60 for an hour and a half, sometimes 2 hours.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 10:50 AM
The HT crew SWEARS by it and it really does seem to help with fertility. If you can afford it, it cannot hurt and may help!

LolaInLove
March 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I did about 5 sessions of it, but it was too expensive for my budget.....she wanted $90 a week, for a 20 minute session and then the chinese herbs. She gave me some for the blood and then some for relaxation, but we got a couple more bfns during that time, and I felt guilty spending nearly $400 a month on that. BUT, if you can afford it, I would say go for it! Also, be sure that you are seeing an accupuncturist who specializes in fertility accupuncture if you can. I know a lot of ladies that had success, but to be honest, I wonder if the placebo effect of just having some time to yourself to rest and meditate and be still is what helps so much.....

LolaInLove
March 24th, 2011, 11:08 AM
And I want to add that I am not a huge fan of needles, and I did NOT like the needles here....sometimes they would hurt, like she was hitting a nerve or something, and she said it was hitting a "block" and the pain was my chi getting all unblocked, but it sort of wigged me out. Just sayin'.....

Kris217
March 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Wow that was expensive, i'd feel a little guilty spending that amount of money too so i don't blame you. Every now and then a needle will sting a bit but that happens if it's in a hair folical so my lady usually takes them straight out and tries again. I think there has been some scientific research about it saying it does increase your chances of falling pregnant so yeah i'll have 1 session a day or 2 before i try.

skrimpy
March 24th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I think if you want to try it, go for it. It is proven by research to increase the success of HT cycles so I think it couldn't hurt for traditional swayers. I think acupuncture, acupressure, EFT, etc. are all on to something because the results they get can be documented :)