PDA

View Full Version : Evap line with Answer brand pregnacy test?

Nachelle
November 23rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Hey ladies! I was just wondering if anyone has had an evap line on an answer brand preg test. Im on cycle day 30 and I took one today and I saw a really really faint lline. Has anyone had any trouble with these tests? Just let me know, Im having staring contests with this damn pregnancy test and I believe the test is winning! :) lol

Violet_
November 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Yep, I've had them. Throw the test out after 10 mins!!

LacePrincess
November 24th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Agree with above. Never read an hpt after 10-15 min. Results are entirely invalid after that time!

Other rule I've read is, if the test doesn't read positive at arms length with bright sunlight by a non biased person, then it doesn't count either. ;)

Butterfly Spirit
November 24th, 2012, 07:17 AM
With me, I never had a line unless I was pregnant.. and there is a significant difference between an evap and a positive faint line...

See how THIN evaps are? How was the line you saw?

One of the best ways to see the line is hold the test about a foot away from your line of vision and hold it with your thumb and first finger.. and turn it slowly towards and away from yourself.. if there is a line, your eye will catch it.

Nachelle
November 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM
hmmmm... I dont know Im just going to test agin tom. or monday. This sucks Im 3 days late, have some symptoms, and getting these faint faint faint lines. Maybe Im just getting too ttc crazy because Im late. I just want AF to show up if Im not so I can go for another round!

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Update??? :fx:

Nachelle
December 4th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Curse those evap lines!! BFN! Nothing at all no postive pregnancy and no sign of AF. My chart showed that I ovulated on CD 32 but I think I did on CD 34. My tempt dipped low then shot up and has been up for 7 days now. So now its just a waiting game. Im on CD 41 now. THat never happened to me before, Im just getting scarred that its from when I had my surgery and that theres a chance I could be infertile. So all I can do is wait. :worry:

LacePrincess
December 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Grrr! That sucks, I'm so sorry. :( It could possibly be an anovulatory cycle too, especially if you have huge sawtooth patterns throughout the month. The odd anov cycle is normal and happens to everyone, but you should get it looked into if you're having more than a few in a row.

atomic sagebrush
December 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
do you have a chart?? Thinking of you.

Nachelle
December 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
3ee0c9 Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ee0c9)

I messed up in the beginning. The dark blue dots are at 8 and the light blue are at 7:00.

LacePrincess
December 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi Nachelle, thanks for posting your chart!

Okay, you definitely haven't ovulated on that chart. I don't agree with even the 'maybe' dotted line crosshairs FF gave you, that's not an ovulatory chart yet. And I don't like how you have so many open dots either, usually that means you're temping more than 30 min outside of your default time. Bbt gets really inaccurate if you're not doing it consistently at the exact same time with a good night's sleep.

Keep an eye on your signs, you might still O yet. At this point you for sure haven't, those big sawtooth swings are characteristic of anov cycles. Not much you can do but wait it out, if you go to CD60 with no AF or BFP you should see your doc for a prog trigger shot to bring on AF and get the cycle over with.

Nachelle
December 6th, 2012, 05:13 PM
This sucks! Well the open dots are the more accurate tempts they are taken at the same time every day and the dark blue ones are the messed up ones. Why is my tempt so high now if I havent ovulated yet? I thought maybe I did on CD 34
Can progesterone prevent you from ovulating and getting AF?

LacePrincess
December 6th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah see, you can't change when you temp by that much time mid cycle. It really makes the entire month's chart almost impossible to interpret, because in an hour your bbt can swing by quite a bit. And bbt is a matter of small precision, accuracy counts.

That one dip on CD34 was not followed by a clear and sustained thermal shift. In order for your bbt to indicate ovulation, all your post O temps need to be consistently above the pre-O temps. You can see how you don't have a clear biphasic shift, you have huge swings below and back up. If anything, I would say you *might* have ovulated on CD41 but it remains to be seen if you get a clear biphasic shift. Honestly, it's hard to tell because you have such vastly different temping times across so many days. :(

Do you know which detector tuning you have FF set on? It usually defaults to advanced, but sometimes going back to the traditional FAM method can be more accurate.

Nachelle
December 6th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I dont think I have a tunner on at all. I wish I would have tempt the same time the entire cycle. The first half I would tempt when I would wake up like walk to the bathroom and at diferent times, then I read you to at the same time and while in bed so I started doing it the right way. So the dark bllue dots are totally wrong and should be way llower then what they are.

Nachelle
December 6th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I put it on the fam setting and it changes the date to CD 34. I should tempt tomorrow the right way and then how I was doing it in the begining then see what the difference is. And maybe adjust it?

LacePrincess
December 7th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Hmm. Honestly, we're really just guessing here. Unfortunately changing your temping time mid cycle really makes it impossible to accurately tell what's going on just on temps alone. :(

How are you at checking your cervix? It's usually pretty accurate for me. If you can tell if it's still open, then it means you have yet to O, usually. A closed, relatively dry cervix is a sign that O has passed. OPK's are something else you can use if you have any.

I dunno, at this point I don't think we can read your chart and we're really just guessing. My suggestion would be just to continue to bd every 2-3 days until you see a really obvious shift or get AF or a bfp, if you really want to conceive this month. Or at the very least bd everytime you observe EWCM.

atomic sagebrush
December 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I agree with Lace - that chart just can't tell us what the dealie-o is with the temp change. I'm sorry. I think if no AF pretty soon, I'd make a doctor's appt. and get a shot to bring on AF. It can be kind of like a "reset" button and then things start moving in the right direction is.

Nachelle
December 12th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I finally started spotting today so I think AF has finally started to show her ugly face! After 48 days! I hope this next cycle wont be like this. What time do you lladies think is a good time to tempt every morning? I think one of the reasons my tempts were out of whack because my 11 month olld still wakes up at night so sometimes I get more sleep than others. Also can progesterone cream or oil delay periods?

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I sucked at taking it the same time everyday and I have Ds2 in the bed for
Me so I didn't think it would be accurate. It was very obvious when I ovulated. Temp jumped .5-.7.
But I used the tcoyf software which automatically adjusts it to what time you put in. I don't know if that's accurate but it worked for me and was really the only way I could temp. I do know it was right as I've had early u/s and still now the baby measures exactly right based on when I ovulated.

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
*with me..

LacePrincess
December 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
It's a bit individual regarding erratic sleep affecting your bbt. Mine is thrown off quite easily. I also have to vaginally temp because my oral temps can be all over the place.

Yes prog products can certainly affect your O. If you choose to use them use them in the luteal phase only or they can affect ovulation.

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Yeah I think I was lucky it was fairly obvious when I ovulated despite ds2 nursing all over the place. I have a friend who sets her alarm at 5 am every morning, takes it and goes back to sleep. If he wasn't in the bed with me and would wake up too, I would have for that lol

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 12:09 AM
*done that . My typing sucks today sorry

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I finally started spotting today so I think AF has finally started to show her ugly face! After 48 days! I hope this next cycle wont be like this. What time do you lladies think is a good time to tempt every morning? I think one of the reasons my tempts were out of whack because my 11 month olld still wakes up at night so sometimes I get more sleep than others. Also can progesterone cream or oil delay periods?

Yes, prog can delay AF, by tricking your body into thinking you're pg. Are you using it before ovulation? If so, don't, because it can delay O.

Nachelle
December 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Ok so this cycle I am vaginally tempting at 6 every morning before getting out of bed and not using progesterone. So we'll see how this cycle goes. High hopes!

Nachelle
December 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I have also slipped ALOT on the diet due to the loooong cycle. So I have some catching up to do :( Awe man! But at the same time Im not that concerned about it. At this point I just want a healthy baby no matter what the gender. Dont get me wrong I want a girl REALLY REALLY bad, but another boy doesnt sound too bad either. I just want the baby to be heallthy. Hey every one has a 50/50 chance anyways, right?

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
good luck.