PDA

View Full Version : PH of URINE in early pregnancy.

aabroo
March 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I read on IG that this was quite a good gender predictor for women in early pregnancy.If it was less than 6 its a GIRL and if it was more than 7 its a BOY.I did mine and its a 5,so am i having a girl?:sad:

LolaInLove
March 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I can't see how the gender of the fetus this early on would affect your urine ph.....or ever really affect your ph....I think that is a good OWT, so don't let yourself get upset.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I read on IG that this was quite a good gender predictor for women in early pregnancy.If it was less than 6 its a GIRL and if it was more than 7 its a BOY.I did mine and its a 5,so am i having a girl?:sad:

All that urine pH tells you is the pH of the last foods and beverages you ate. This one is totally an old wives' tale.

atomic sagebrush
March 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
From Wikipedia:
pHThe pH of urine is close to neutral (7) but can normally vary between 4.4 and 8. In persons with hyperuricosuria, acidic urine can contribute to the formation of stones of uric acid in the kidneys, ureters, or bladder.[8] Urine pH can be monitored by a physician[9] or at home.

A diet high in citrus, vegetables, or dairy can increase urine pH (more basic). Some drugs also can increase urine pH, including acetazolamide, potassium citrate, and sodium bicarbonate.

A diet high in meat or cranberries can decrease urine pH (more acidic). Drugs that can decrease urine pH include ammonium chloride, chlorothiazide diuretics, and methenamine mandelate.[10][11]

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Aabroo, sweetie, worrying is not allowed when you are pg:HH:
As soon as you get your u/s pic, post it and ask Alsestis to check it for you (Ramzi's theory) :agree:

LolaInLove
March 24th, 2011, 02:18 PM
What is Ramzi's Theory? Is that the placenta side equals gender one? Googling......

My Fabulous Children
March 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Don't worry about anything like that!!! Enjoy your pregnancy and relax ..Everything in God hands just pray you get your little boy. GL:luck:

BTW- Ramzi's theory was right for me :agree:

aabroo
March 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for your supporting words everyone:hugs:It has put my mind at ease a little bit.The Ramzi Theory has been correct for me too,but i dont know wether i want to know this time.What about you Lola,will you find out the placenta's location at your early scan?

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 03:24 PM
What is Ramzi's Theory? Is that the placenta side equals gender one? Googling......

Yep, that's it! Alsestis did predictions on it, she came over here from the other site.
There you go: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2049-IG-looks-like-it-might-be-gone-for-good!&p=15471#post15471

Freya
March 26th, 2011, 04:27 AM
aabroo, I used to check my urine pH all the time when I switched diet to hit the golden 7.5 for optimum health (I figured that fit my interpretation of TW better). Anyway, the difference, at least for me, between pH 7.5 and pH 6 is consumption of a doughnut! You should try it, it might cheer you up ;) .

How are you, by the way, did the cramps stop?

aabroo
March 26th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Hi Freya,how are you?My cramping has lessened but i still have the brown discharge.I have an appointment with my doc next week,so lets see what he says.

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Hi Freya,how are you?My cramping has lessened but i still have the brown discharge.I have an appointment with my doc next week,so lets see what he says.

I know with my last two I had brown discharge for sooo long! xx

Freya
March 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Oh, good! I'm sure it's nothing as long as it isn't red! I get cramps now and then, too, and they can be quite nasty twinges, like needles.

I'm alright, actually, thanks. Sleeping helped my nausea a lot, and I've snacked a lot although I need to stop or I'll gain too much weight! An extra fruit a day, yeah, tell my belly if you dare :wink: .

:luck: with you appointment!

LolaInLove
March 31st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hey aabroo, sorry to hear about your spotting....that always sends me into a tizzy with worry. How is it now? I will definitely ask about the placenta location at my 8wk appt, but I am really wary of buying into the gender myths much, as I don't want to get my hopes up (or down) prematurely. I want to really enjoy this pregnancy as it is my last! Freya, I've had the same, lots of little pangs and twitches and whatnot, all of the normal growing uterus pains. I did have a chemical in January, and I vividly remember the feeling of those cramps, and it was bright red blood, just like a super heavy period. Very different from the usual early pregnancy cramps. Aabroo, if you've only had brown spots, then I think you are ok! I know a couple people who had brown spotting quite frequently in the first trimester and all was fine, although they had placenta previa, which was the reason for the spotting.

aabroo
April 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM
I am still getting cramps and the discharge has turned from brown to pink.My doc doesnt think its looking too good for me.All i can do now is wait and take one day at a time.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
Oh aabroo, I'm so sorry to read this. :( ((hugs))

Freya
April 2nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
Oh, no, aabroo, I'm so very sorry! Thinking of you! :heart:

iyamaryam
April 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Oh honey, I am so sorry, sending hugs and peace your way.

Aqua
April 19th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hey Aabroo.. I am so sorry to hear about the hun. How are you feeling now? Hope the discharge has stopped.

Zivic-Bubac
April 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Oh huni I've been thinking about you a lot:HH: I'm so sorry to hear this. You are doing good thing to take one day at the time :HH: (((hugs)))

LolaInLove
April 19th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Yes, wondering how you are doing aabroo?? HUGS!