PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about accupuncture

familiesr4ever
March 24th, 2011, 11:28 AM
You said in another thread I could ask you anything, well, here it goes, what are your thoughts on acupunture before et? I have looked through different sites and some ladies are very happy with it, others feel like it did nothing to help them. Also, I live in Utah and there really aren't a lot of acupunturist out here. I found one that claims to have over 30 years experience and he is Asian(not that I care if they are or not) but I am wondering if he knows about fertility acupunture. Anyway, do you think it helps or by taking supplements and exercise and that sort of things are enough to help me. My fsh level was 7.1 and my estradiol level was 44.3 and my AMH was 0.88(which I was told was on the low normal) But seriously for me(I am 41) I expected worse on the AMH. I go in next week to talk again to Dr. B and see where we go from here. What do you say about adding in acupuncture? Thanks for your help.

nuthinbutpink
March 24th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I am happy to answer, but I would change your title so you get the other ladies' responses too! I did accupuncture and to me, it hurt and was not that relaxing. I did do it a couple of times before my FET and the day of my transfer, I did it right before ET and after. I did get a BFP but who knows really. If it is super expensive or stressful to get to, I would skip it. I would focus on supplements for egg quality more than stress about accupuncture.

I know several on here have tried it...my lady was from China and she was a fertility person too.

I would be more inclined to ask him about DHEA. Now that, I do believe it but ask your RE first!

familiesr4ever
March 24th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Okay, thanks, I am not sure how to change the title? I am taking Dhea currently along with some other supplements too. Not sure what the RE will think, so I am kind of hesitant to ask him, especially when I feel like it is helping me. I wouldn't take it after the egg retrieval, as I don't think it would help beyond that, just what I have gathered from other people's experiences. I don't know, I have read that some Drs. don't believe it helps and others think it is okay to take. I know on the RE website it has a section on acupunture(if I remember correctly) and so I was kind of thinking about trying it, I just would trust people that have been through it, more so than just them (the acupuncurists) saying it really works, kwim? Anyway thanks for answering me. Melissa.

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
March 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Okay, thanks, I am not sure how to change the title? I am taking Dhea currently along with some other supplements too. Not sure what the RE will think, so I am kind of hesitant to ask him, especially when I feel like it is helping me. I wouldn't take it after the egg retrieval, as I don't think it would help beyond that, just what I have gathered from other people's experiences. I don't know, I have read that some Drs. don't believe it helps and others think it is okay to take. I know on the RE website it has a section on acupunture(if I remember correctly) and so I was kind of thinking about trying it, I just would trust people that have been through it, more so than just them (the acupuncurists) saying it really works, kwim? Anyway thanks for answering me. Melissa.

May I ask you, you are using Dr. B. You mean Dr. Braverman in NY right? If so, what did he say your chances are with your age? Did he act positive or negative about yur chances? I am 38 years old and I will not be able to cycle until I am about 39 due to saving up the money (if possible).

Hope it is okay that I am asking you this.

Also you can pm me if you want to or post here.

I know they say to do it younger but for whatever reasons, some ladies just have to do it at an older age or just not do it at all KWIM.

Thanks so much.

nuthinbutpink
March 25th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I changed your title! Also, you should probably ask your RE. I did not ask mine because I already had a failed cycle and crappy pretesting and frankly, I didn't care at that point BUT if you have never cycled you are really not sure what you may do. I do think it is a good thing but I am not a doctor!

PlanB
March 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I didn't do acupuncture. And I got a bfp first go. My personal opinion is it won't work if you are skeptical of natural therapies. I did vitamins as anyone would who was planning a pregnancy.

Good luck :)