PDA

View Full Version : HRC how long?

princess-nash
March 24th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Quick question for the ladies that have cycled with HRC. how long did you typically wait between the phone consultation and receiving your pre screening list? thank you in advance. xxx

sela
March 24th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Hi PrincessNash...I see you are over here too now. You very kindly replied to my thread on IG. I am due to have my consult tomorrow (Fri nite) and will update you when I get my list. Have you been waiting long? I'm hoping to cycle in July so I guess time is of the essence from here on in. Sela xx

nuthinbutpink
March 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome Sela!

princess-nash
March 24th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Sela I'm glad you have come over to this site. I had my consultation on the 14th march and want to cycle in July. Just wanted to get the info so I can move along. Hmmm will see what happens. Good luck with your consultation and do let me know if you get your list. Are you cycling with Dr Potter?xxxx

sela
March 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Thank you for the welcome Nuthinbutpink. So very glad to be here. That other place I have come from was really testing my patience ;-)

sela
March 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hi Princess-Nash. Yes hoping to cycle with Dr P. Once my DH agreed to do this I felt HRC was my best option. I am 39yrs old so I feel that I don't have the time (reproductively speaking) to pursue treatment at other clinics which would appear to be less successful. My opinion only of course. I will definitely keep you posted about my progress re: the list and everything else. Sela xx

Mykids
March 24th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Hi Prince, during your consult Dr P will gather your information, from there he will decide what pre - testing is required for you. Dr p's co-ordinator will email you with the lab order & with details like, what day you should get tested. So if you are not BF . you can have all those test done with you next period.

So techinically you should be receiving directions from HRC after one week or so once you are done with the consulation.

HTH

Liv
March 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Hi and welcome! I think it was a week or two after my consult that I received testing orders. It's been almost two years since my HT journey so my memory is a little hazy.

princess-nash
March 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Thank you ladies. I will wait a little longer. HRC is the only choice for me at the moment. I haven't even looked at any other clinics. Had my mind set since 2007. I really hope Tracey emails me soon. Xxx

Mykids
March 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM
If you are expecting your AF any time soon, I would leave a voice message & email her about your periods date, so that she can consider as 1st priority. Also i would start taking some good prenatals +extra folic acid & DHA supplements.

princess-nash
March 25th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Mykids, she emailed me today so I am happy. Hubby is fretting about the semen analysis, pah! That should be easy enough lol. x

Mykids
March 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Oh great, Good lock with your exams :)

perfi
March 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hi Mykids, she emailed me today so I am happy. Hubby is fretting about the semen analysis, pah! That should be easy enough lol. x

Good luck princess-nash!!! What tests is he getting you to do?

princess-nash
March 30th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hi these are tests I will be doing not that I know what they mean lol.

1. E2 (estradiol) and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) on day 2, 3 or 4 of your menstrual cycle
2. Ultrasound to evaluate the number of antral (resting) follicles on day 2, 3 or 4 of your cycle
3. Sonohysterogram (fluid ultrasound) to evaluate the uterine cavity and rule out polyps/fibroids between day 7-12 of your menstrual cycle or while you are still on the depot provera
4. Blood test: HIV ½, Hepatitis B sAg, Hepatitis C Ab, HTLV ½, RPR, Rubella, Varicella, Blood Type/Rh Factor

lisvna
April 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi,

does anyone know how I can get in touch with dr Potter by email? I live in the Netherlands and we have a few question about genetic things before we decide to cycle and in wich clinic.

I hope someone can help me, because I sent an email to the website of HRC but I don't get an answer........

Thanks!

princess-nash
April 9th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hi,

does anyone know how I can get in touch with dr Potter by email? I live in the Netherlands and we have a few question about genetic things before we decide to cycle and in wich clinic.

I hope someone can help me, because I sent an email to the website of HRC but I don't get an answer........

Thanks!

Hi I have been corresponding with Tracey at HRC. She will get you in touch with Dr Potter or you can ask her directly any questions which concern you. Her email is traceym@havingbabies.com. Hope this helps

lisvna
April 10th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah! Thank you! I will try that!x

nuthinbutpink
April 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM
He and Lori are also in the Ask the Doc forum on here.