PDA

View Full Version : Timing question

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
OK, guys, I need your help.
We BDed Tuesday night 23:30, and I think I probably Oed night between Wed and Thursday.

What are my chances to get pg more then 24 hours before O? I know there were some percentages, but I can't remember where? Or maybe these were percentages about gender rate? You see how old I am? :rofl:

Another q: I was suposed to O on Friday, I didn't use OPKs this time, so in case I O on Friday, should I BD tonight as well?
Sorry about all the confusion! TIA! :Flower:

nuthinbutpink
March 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Well, I'd say there is definitely a chance! Sperm can live for days so there could have been some waiting on that egg! Did you do any of the other swaying stuff?

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you!
I did it all: diet, lemon water, BSD, BSF, supplements, ions ( sitting in front of computer as much as I can), you name it. I always screw up timing, it is very hard for me to pinpoint my O date. I checked CM and CP.
CP SHOW from Monday.
I'm sorry for all my questions, I'll probably get another BFN, so no need to panic in advance:sigh:

nuthinbutpink
March 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Oh, good. Well, the big study we have on here that looked at both timing and diet had the couples use a cutoff and 3-4 days before O was the biggest group of girl babies. Only 2 of the study participants DTD with a one day cutoff because they were all trying for girls(those 2 just messed up timing trying for a girl) so I would say that you are in boy territory with that timing for sure.

The study also looked at sodium/potassium and calcium/magnesium intake together with timing.

Now, if you are going to O Friday, I would consider trying again to get some fresh ones in there because I would be a little nervous of that cutoff for a boy. I am sure Atomic will chime in when she gets a chance. She knows more than I.

Zivic-Bubac
March 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
She already did it here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1678-ovulation-pain-and-spotting-in-depth
I needed more opinions to make sure! Thank you both!:awe:

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Did I answer this already?? If I did, I'm sorry.

They are EXCELLENT at 24 hours before O. The day before ovulation is when 26% of all the BD that leads to conceptions take place! And BD two days before ovulation is when 28% of all conceptions take place. (only 5% take place on O day!!)

I would absolutely BD again if you think you may O on Friday. If you really did O on Wed. night, the egg is dead and gone now so you have no risk of an O+12.