PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy is so strange

trifecta
November 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I have two little boys and am coming to terms with not likely having a girl in my future. Sometimes I'm jealous of BG families and sometimes not. Here's a something weird: I'm friends with a couple who just had a boy after having their little girl. I know the wife very strongly wanted a boy this time and I'm genuinely happy for her. But the husband is one of those guys who doesn't really like to spend time with the kids and when I think of him easily getting both sexes I'm FULL of resentment. Why should he get a boy and a girl? Why do things just happen for this undeserving guy? I just wanted to share this because I think it's weird that I can be happy for my girlfriend but when I think of her husband getting a boy and a girl it makes me mad. Maybe it's because I know she went through two pregnancies to get them and all he had to do was sit on his butt.

Irrational, eh?

Mrs_P
November 24th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Some guys really aren't bothered, my dh wants a little girl but would love another little boy just as much. I think in some ways its worse for a mother not having a daughter than for a man not having a son (of course their are exceptions to this) but in general most men don't seem bothered. Maybe this guy will change him as a person and make him more hands on with his kids - some men just don't know what to do with a daughter but then some men aren't broody and just do the kids thing for the mom. Its nice that the mother is happy and gets to feel complete and i'm sure she appreciates both her kids

trifecta
November 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
That's a good point--maybe having a boy will make him more involved. The wife does appreciate having both. She had a little brother growing up and I think that's why she wanted a boy this time. I know she doesn't take it for granted so maybe that's part of why I can easily feel happy for her.