PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to want to try and get an early scan before Christmas ?

Mum23boys
November 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I am due august 2013 so wont be 12 weeks until the end of jan 2013 and thats when i would get my scan. Im ok with that as i plan to tell everyone on my birthday february 8th anyway but I just dont want to go from now all over xmas not knowing and worrying about everything so wanted to try and get an early scan at like 7-8 weeks just before xmas so that i an relax and enjoy it a bit more.
I know thats wrong and these are for appointments for people who genuinly need them but i wonder if i asked the midwife that if there was a cancellations they would let me have it or i could fake some pain but i know thats wrong ...... grrrrr......

Would you lie to get an early scan or not ?

Cinss
November 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I did reply to you in the other thread about this, but again you could ask for a viability scan due to your recent m/c.

Mrs_P
November 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
i haven't lied but have embellished in the past when i have been worried after a bit of spotting. Most docs will send you for a us if you have spotting or severe pain, given your m/c i don't blame you for being worried i think a little white lie is better than you stressing all christmas (just bear in mind before 7 weeks they won't see much of anything) x

mummypink
November 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I would try and hold off if you can hun, it may make you worry even more if the baby is measuring small or something.

Ask your midwife, explain your concerns after your mc and maybe they will arrange something but I would try and hold off until at least 8 weeks if you can.

Fingers crossed you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. xx

nuthinbutpink
November 24th, 2012, 06:03 PM
We get a scan at our first appointment. The doctor does it with a portable machine right in the exam room. Around 6 weeks along.

Mum23boys
November 24th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Looking at my dates I will be 8 weeks on the 22nd of december so if i maybe call the week before that at 7 weeks ? i would need to book in via phone at 6 weeks anyway so could mention it to her then and see what she says

pebmcpd7
November 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I was told after my last miscarriage that I could get an early scan just to reassure me!! Tell them you are anxious, which you are!! GL XXX

Mum23boys
November 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks peb - looking forward to your testing tomorrow. xx

Wanting-a-girl
November 24th, 2012, 06:28 PM
With my third guy I asked for one cause I told them I didnt know if I was further along.... I knew exactly when I got preg tho I just wanted to see my baby

pebmcpd7
November 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Awh I am nervous about testing!

cherubrock
November 24th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I had an early scan as I had spotting, but it was very minimal (I'm talking pinprick amounts) but I was worried and I didn't lie about how much bleeding there was, but they scanned me anyway because I was worried. I think if you are lucky enough to talk to the right person they will do it to put your mind at rest, as you have m/c and of course that makes you nervous that the same thing could happen again. To be honest if they refuse you I think that's pretty poor actually, so no harm in trying.

3boys
November 25th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I opted for a private at 7 weeks. After my Miscarriage last year, I just needed to know that things were ok. Best £60 I've ever spent in my opinion :)