PDA

View Full Version : Ph question- and a quick intro!

sdmommy
March 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone! So happy I found this site after nearly pulling my hair out over the monkeys! :) so a quick intro on me, my dh and I have 2 awesome DDs, got unexpectedly pregnant in January but miscarried at 7.5 weeks. Since we will begin actively trying the cycle after I get AF again , I decided to try to sway this time- it was so much easier when it was an accidental pregnancy :)

Anyways my question is about Ph- I have a digital tester and its been clocking in at 4.5-5 and this is after about 4 weeks on diet and supplements. I had some EWCM a few days ago and it was only 4.9!!!! I gooled about CM and I found that the Ph should naturally sit about 3.5-4.5 to be hostile enough to kill any bacteria that may enter. Soooo my question is 1. Will it be SAFe to try to raise my Ph to 7-8? And that seems like a looooong shot anyways
And 2. If I can do bsf (will add in BSD after I get AF because i don't want to be on it too long) will the BSF be sufficient enough to create a boy friendly environment?

Thanks in advance this group seems great!

nuthinbutpink
March 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM
First, welcome. I am sure Atomic will answer but your diet plays a crucial role if you are attempting to sway. Your ratios of sodium/potassium to calcium/magnesium have the greatest amount of research behind them. Sodium intake in particular.

Your vaginal pH is just one small piece of your sway and if you are using boy timing, you are hoping to catch the egg right away I assume so the sperm that will catch the egg will not be the ones left behind in the BSF...they will be the ones that make it in right away.

Gotta do the diet.

purplepoet20
March 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Hello everyone! So happy I found this site after nearly pulling my hair out over the monkeys! :) so a quick intro on me, my dh and I have 2 awesome DDs, got unexpectedly pregnant in January but miscarried at 7.5 weeks. Since we will begin actively trying the cycle after I get AF again , I decided to try to sway this time- it was so much easier when it was an accidental pregnancy :)

Anyways my question is about Ph- I have a digital tester and its been clocking in at 4.5-5 and this is after about 4 weeks on diet and supplements. I had some EWCM a few days ago and it was only 4.9!!!! I gooled about CM and I found that the Ph should naturally sit about 3.5-4.5 to be hostile enough to kill any bacteria that may enter. Soooo my question is 1. Will it be SAFe to try to raise my Ph to 7-8? And that seems like a looooong shot anyways
And 2. If I can do bsf (will add in BSD after I get AF because i don't want to be on it too long) will the BSF be sufficient enough to create a boy friendly environment?

Where did you find the 3.5-4.5 ph info? Everything I saw says that a ph of 6 is normal for people who eat a balanced diet. Even my OB Dr said that anything below 5 will increase your chances of infection and to be careful to not stay that low for to long.

I am not TTC until June so I have been testing my ph after eating certain foods during the day... 2 days ago I ate 1 powered sugar cream filled donut, avacado turkey burger, salad, grapes, pepsi, and an Arby's combo. We were traveling but I did make it a point to check my urion ph just to see. From 1st thing in the morning until right before bed... 6.2, 6.8, 7.2, 7.8, 8.4, 9.2 drank a big glass of water and by the next morning it was 5.8

Have you tried adding Grapefruit (made me go to 9.8), Lemon Aid, Oranges, Salsa, or steak?.... So far my testing after eating these food showed a big change.

3Pink1Blue
March 24th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I am not TTC until June so I have been testing my ph after eating certain foods during the day... 2 days ago I ate 1 powered sugar cream filled donut, avacado turkey burger, salad, grapes, pepsi, and an Arby's combo. We were traveling but I did make it a point to check my urion ph just to see. From 1st thing in the morning until right before bed... 6.2, 6.8, 7.2, 7.8, 8.4, 9.2 drank a big glass of water and by the next morning it was 5.8

Have you tried adding Grapefruit (made me go to 9.8), Lemon Aid, Oranges, Salsa, or steak?.... So far my testing after eating these food showed a big change.

You need to be checking your cm pH. Your urine pH can vary significantly based on what you eat, but doesn't actually reflect your cm. I've had a urine pH of 9 while my cm was 5. Follow the diet and your cm should change, albeit slow but it should change.

purplepoet20
March 24th, 2011, 06:42 PM
You need to be checking your cm pH. Your urine pH can vary significantly based on what you eat, but doesn't actually reflect your cm. I've had a urine pH of 9 while my cm was 5. Follow the diet and your cm should change, albeit slow but it should change.

I guess I forgot to post that part.... cm ph was 5.2 and 6.3 from morning and night.

TTC5
March 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hello & Welcome!
I am yet to get an accurate reading myself so not much help but I too have read that pH as low as 4 or 5 is NOT good for blue?

sdmommy
March 24th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I've been on the diet with supplements for 4 weeks now which is why the low ph is soooo discouraging!! I've also been drinking at least 2 liters of lemon water and a few glasses of v8 with NYF daily. I've been drinking 2 cups of pineapple juice daily. So unless the 6 week mark will really be a miracle and completely change my ph I don't see it changing much.

I want to start the BSD but I don't know when to expect AF after my miscarriage. I read you can only do this AF-O right?

3Pink1Blue
March 25th, 2011, 12:11 AM
I had been crazy strict with the IG diet for 3 months and mine wouldn't budge until I stopped tracking my minerals, added back in some dairy, and started drinking green tea by the gallon. I've been following Atomic Sagebrush's advice and omg I've gone from low 5 to low 7's.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 01:22 AM
How much green tea do you drink Jen and do you have it hot or cold?
sdmommy - wish I could give you advice x

3Pink1Blue
March 25th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I have a 24 oz water bottle that I drink at least 2 iced tea's with lemon and trvuia.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM

Hi and welcome! Let me know how I can help!

First off - pH. The normal secretions of the vagina are 3.5-5 to kill bacteria. However, the normal pH of EWCM at ovulation is much, much higher than that, between 7 and 8 normally. This is to help the maximum numbers of sperm to survive. It is not only safe, it is desirable for pregnancy (not to mention swaying blue) and women actually have to see doctors and be treated for low CM pH. It is TOTALLY possible to raise your pH to 7-8 and in fact it will help you to get pregnant.

Before you do anything else, let's just make sure that you're REALLY testing the right stuff...it's very easy for CM to be contaminated by the lower pH of the vaginal secretions http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2065-How-to-check-pH-for-DH-and-DW

Secondly - Here is a list of the most fundamental posts for swaying blue, they will tell you a lot of what you need to know and of course you are always free to ask about anything you need to know!!http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1586-READ-ME-FIRST-Planning-your-blue-sway!

Thirdly - I'm sorry but I don't think BSF is anywhere near enough for a boy-friendly environment. I hope you'll look into adding Pre-seed or Egg white, along with Robitussin to your sway (the links for these are in the post above.)

Sending you all my blue dust!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I've been on the diet with supplements for 4 weeks now which is why the low ph is soooo discouraging!! I've also been drinking at least 2 liters of lemon water and a few glasses of v8 with NYF daily. I've been drinking 2 cups of pineapple juice daily. So unless the 6 week mark will really be a miracle and completely change my ph I don't see it changing much.

I want to start the BSD but I don't know when to expect AF after my miscarriage. I read you can only do this AF-O right?

You can start it any time if you're sure you're not pregnant. It is not safe during pregnancy.