PDA

View Full Version : Really worried

TTC5
March 24th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I am on CD 3... today been having awful period pains and in the last hour or so they have become quite painful and I have been bleeding quite heavy.. 15 minutes ago I felt something fall in to my vagina (felt like placenta sorry TMI after having a baby when you may have retained products and some comes away) and I went to the toilet and out fell a big chunk of thick clot like material - was the size of my palm..

WTF is happening?!!

lindi
March 24th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hm. Does your OB have an after hours number? I would call.

TTC5
March 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Hi there
I don't have an OB - I am a public patient.. we have been using protection since coming off birth control 2 months ago so I can not have falled pregnant, can I?

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Seems to have slowed down now, thankgoodness gave me a bit of a panic.. hopefully it is just a big clean out or something from all the supps and nothing to be worried about.

My Fabulous Children
March 25th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Glad to hear is better now ... Yeah I think the same maybe is just a big clean out!!

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I am on CD 3... today been having awful period pains and in the last hour or so they have become quite painful and I have been bleeding quite heavy.. 15 minutes ago I felt something fall in to my vagina (felt like placenta sorry TMI after having a baby when you may have retained products and some comes away) and I went to the toilet and out fell a big chunk of thick clot like material - was the size of my palm..

WTF is happening?!! Stop taking fish oil, EPO, and eating garlic right away. They are blood thinners and can cause heavier periods.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2011, 12:45 PM
If the bleeding is better now (which it seems to be) try them at 1/2 a dose. The garlic especially really causes AF to go crazy.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Hi Atomic, well no bleeding over night see how we go today but will start taking half a dose as you said see how we go next month?
I am now coming down with a darn head cold too =(

skrimpy
March 25th, 2011, 06:36 PM
When I came off birth control pills (long ago!) I had really weird clots and lots of mucus for a couple of months - but otherwise fine (except for clots postpartum). I have heard other women talk about "old stuff" sloughing off when they start to take fertility supps, so maybe that's it. I agree with atomic though - go easy on the supps this cycle and see what happens.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Skrimpy, oh right, thanks so much for letting me know.. perhaps it was just this then as this was my 3rd period off the pill!