PDA

View Full Version : Schedule for weaning of Baby Aspirin - help please

Mum23boys
November 25th, 2012, 01:49 PM
For my sway I have been taking it every 3rd day so how do i wean off it - do i do it now every 4th day for a few weeks then every 5th day for a few weeks then once a week then once every 2 weeks ?

Over what sort of period should i wean off it - can it be quick like 4-5 weeks or will it be more like 3 months ?

Advice greatly appreciated.
I plan to take prgnacare original x 1 a day and also another 3 x 400 mg of folic acid until 13 weeks and am also looking into whether i carry on taking acidophilus every day too and if so until when ?

Thanks girls

hopingforsaskia
November 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm interested in this too.. My plan was to just cut a day out every week. I take it Monday - Friday, so once I'm pregnant ill drop Tuesday then Tuesday/Thursday, then mon/tues/thurs, then mon/tues/thurs/fri then all gone. I'll be watching for the official answer here. :)

Atsaukina1
November 25th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I know I saw atomic talking about this hmm have to do a search-
I stayed away from cranberry and aspirin just for that reason of not wanting to stress weaning while prego plus I am nursing so had to do a "light" sway anyway I suppose:)

hmm I looked through here but didn't see it maybe I skipped it?? she should def. post it there if it's not already-
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-girl-best-practices/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

Mrs_P
November 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I did mine quite slow to begin with as i was worried about upsetting the newly planted baby and blood clots if i shocked it so i went to every 4 days for 12 days then switched to every 5 days for 12 days again, then to every 6 days for 15 days (which is where i am now) then will switch to every 7 days for 2 weeks, then maybe to a half for a week if i'm feeling worried (or neurotic). AS told me to do it slowely over the first 12 weeks which that will pretty much amount to by the time i have stopped it. Will do the same thing with the folic acid (i was taking 4 a day, i dropped to 3 and pregnacare at bfp) starting at 12-13 weeks (once babe is formed fully) to wean down to just pregnacare.

At the end of the day i don't think it will do any harm weaning off slowly and some women take it throughout pregnancy fine but it could do if you do it too quick so caution was the way for me x

Mum23boys
November 26th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Thanks hun I will be 12 weeks on 20th jan 13 weeks on 27th jan so goingto wean off gradually until then and then i guess i can just stop ?
My plan is
nov 29
dec 4,8,13,18,23,29
Jan ,10,16,23,30

Then stop on 30th jan ? Do u think that will be ok ?

cvd
November 26th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hm! I actually weaned off it pretty quick! Although - the first 2 weeks my sway was IG then the rest was LE so I was only taking baby aspirin for 4-5 weeks so I don't think my body would have been totally shocked when I weaned off. I did every other day on the diet then when I got BFP I switched to every 3 days, next week 4 days and stopped! Having been taking them for longer I think your plan looks good :) but I'm def no expert of course :)

Ipadmad
November 26th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I am watching this too. Not that I'm pregnant, but its something to write down for the future (hopefully!)

Congrats to you all :)

auroara78
November 26th, 2012, 03:01 PM
yeah I weaned off pretty fast too! I took it everyday of my sway, and then once I got my BFP, I went to every other day, then every 2-3 days, then I just stopped....the process still took about two-three weeks, as I did the every other day for a little bit and the every 2-3 days for a few weeks. Think I stopped by the time I was 9 weeks. Maybe that was too soon..hopefully AS will chime in with the right advice!