PDA

View Full Version : Is this really a girl...? (please, please, pretty please!)

Alsestis
March 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ok, got 11 girl guesses over in monkeyland - and 0 boy guesses. Am praying for a little pink bundle so my hopes are WAY up.

:awe::ttcgirl::awe:
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/alsestis/Ultrasound%20Gender%20Prediction/12_week_sm.jpg

nuthinbutpink
March 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I think you have a good chance!

Alsestis
March 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I thought it was a boy when I left the office but then I read every single thing I could find online and actually measured the angle of the nub and it's pretty classic girl. Plus the tip is very flat. :)

ELP
March 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM
That looks very girly, gl x

LolaInLove
March 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Hey Al! Looks pretty girly to me, too....and super cute baby also! Hope you are doing well and feeling good!!!!

Vendela
March 25th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hi Al! Tried to reply over in monkeyland but impossible tonight... wanted to say it looks very GIRLY! :D

Alsestis
March 25th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Thank you guys!

Lola! Long time no see! Hope you are doing well, hun!

Chicky
March 25th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Looks very girly to me! GL

Tulips
March 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I have no idea but I hope it's girly, I am avoiding working out nubs as I don't want to know the sex of mine.

I really hope you get your little girl you worked so hard :)

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Girl!

Typical_Jules
March 25th, 2011, 10:18 PM
to be honest i dont know, to me there is a curl in the tip. i want to guess girl but hestitant cause of the curl

Babushka
March 29th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Hi Al, I think it looks pretty girly! Congratulations! You put in an awesome and very well researched sway, AND you have been more than happy to help others in their swaying adventure too. So I really wish you the best!
While I have your ear, I have read your thread on IG about Ramzis theory. If I understand correctly, if the placenta attaches to the women's left side of uterus, that indicates girl? Now, excuse my ignorance, but is there a correlation between side of ovary that egg is released from (left or right ovary) and sex of baby? I think what I am trying to say is, if the ovum travels down the left fallopian tube, is there more chance of it 'lodging/growing' a placenta on the left side of the uterus, and hence more chance of it being girl? I hope this makes sense to you and I look forward to reading what you have to say about this.
Babushka. xx

boyjoy
March 29th, 2011, 09:57 AM
looks girly to me! hope you have your DG...

Alsestis
March 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Al, I think it looks pretty girly! Congratulations! You put in an awesome and very well researched sway, AND you have been more than happy to help others in their swaying adventure too. So I really wish you the best!
While I have your ear, I have read your thread on IG about Ramzis theory. If I understand correctly, if the placenta attaches to the women's left side of uterus, that indicates girl? Now, excuse my ignorance, but is there a correlation between side of ovary that egg is released from (left or right ovary) and sex of baby? I think what I am trying to say is, if the ovum travels down the left fallopian tube, is there more chance of it 'lodging/growing' a placenta on the left side of the uterus, and hence more chance of it being girl? I hope this makes sense to you and I look forward to reading what you have to say about this.
Babushka. xx

Thank you BoyJoy!

Babushka! It's a little more complicated than that. After fertilization, the cells begin to rapidly divide. By the time the cluster reaches the uterus, it is called a blastocyst and it contains many, many cells. When it implants, the cells divide into two distinct functions - half become the embryo and the other half become the placenta. There is a genetic difference between males and females that make the sidedness of the placenta form on opposite sides of the sac. So, if you have a transverse view of the uterus, you can actually see where the placenta is forming using color doppler by locating the chorionic villi - the blood vessels that form attaching the sac to the uterus.

It has nothing to do with the ovary the fertilized cell cluster travels down or where in the uterus the blastocyst implants.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff371/alsestis/Ultrasound%20Gender%20Prediction/Image2.gif

LolaInLove
March 29th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Thank you guys!

Lola! Long time no see! Hope you are doing well, hun!

I'm great! Finally got another bun in the over, thinking this one's a sticker. Can't wait to hear what you have confirmed!!! Looks super girly!!!

Babushka
March 30th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Thanks, Al. You explained that really well and it makes perfect sense to me now! Thanks for taking the time to reply. Hope you are feeling well and not too unwell? Do you think you are experiencing worse morning sickness with this one than your previous pregnancy? regards, Babushka. xx

Alsestis
March 30th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Lola! That's such amazing news. So hoping *he's* a sticky healthy bean!

Babushka - no morning sickness with any of my three pregnancies (the first 2 were boys). I have very mild pregnancy symptoms overall. So far, the only difference is that I have hardly gained any weight - up less than 2lbs by 13 weeks. But I had lost about 7 before conceiving on my yogurt diet. I am still wearing my normal jeans too. By this time last pregnancy, I was in maternity pants.

angel in a pink sky
March 31st, 2011, 10:17 AM
Girl! How far along are you?

Alsestis
March 31st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Girl! How far along are you?

I was 12+1 in the shot. 13+1 today. :)

Yeah, so I posted a poll on IG - which seems to be working pretty OK these days, BTW. And now, I'm getting boy votes. Plus one of the girls guessing is an RN and she swears it looks like a boy nub. I am crushed. I am freaking out.

I scheduled an elective tomorrow afternoon. Will get 5 B&W images of nubs only. Will be 13+2 so it should be a little more conclusive.

UG. This so totally sucks. I feel bad for this baby. It's mama is certifiable.

Coccinelle33
March 31st, 2011, 12:50 PM
im guessing boy. i think it looks pointed up.

Coccinelle33
March 31st, 2011, 12:50 PM
im sorry. i do hope you get a girl!

My Fabulous Children
April 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
GIRL nub ..Good luck. I hope you hear pink in a few weeks.

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
KFX for you, Al.....can't wait to see those new pics.