PDA

View Full Version : Due in December 2011

nuthinbutpink
March 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Congrats!!

Freya
March 25th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'll start the list then :) . I'm due December 1. Hoping for lots of due date buddies ;) .

fivecrazymonkeys
March 29th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Due date is the 3rd December but it will be Summer here. :)

Freya
March 31st, 2011, 02:08 AM
Congratulations! How are you feeling? Any symptoms yet?

ELP
March 31st, 2011, 05:00 AM
Just adding my congratulations to you ladies, hopefully by the end of this week there'll be a few more ladies in here with you!!

nicnee1976
March 31st, 2011, 09:20 AM
I got a BFP today and will be due Dec 6th!! No major symptoms, but tired with tingly boobs and spotty face!!

fivecrazymonkeys
April 1st, 2011, 01:14 AM
Freya.I have on & off sore boobs.Really really tired.Indigestion.I have a funny taste in the back of my throat too.Trying to get things done in case I get morning sickness soon.

Nicnee, congratulations on your BFP! Looking forward to supporting each other through our pregnancies.:)

Freya
April 1st, 2011, 02:56 AM
Congratulations, nicnee, nice to see you here :) !

I'm pretty fine so far, barely no nausea so far as I keep certain things out of my diet. But my boobs are twice the size and my belly's so bloated I look several months pregnant. It's a bit ridiculous!

I know, the dreaded sickness. Hopefully you won't get it for a while yet, fivecrazymonkeys!

Have you told anyone yet or are you keeping it quiet?

lelephant
April 1st, 2011, 08:17 AM
Can I join you ladies? I am due December 4th.

Freya
April 2nd, 2011, 04:42 AM
Congratulations, lelephant, and welcome :wave: !

nicnee1976
April 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
We are keeping the news quiet at the minute. This is our 4th baby, we only told a few close friends we planned on TTC. I'm not sure whether reactions will be positive or negative and I am dreading telling work!!

I feel OK at the moment, but in the morning my blood sugar feels really low and I get shaky and dizzy and hot flushes. No major nausea yet, but the spotty face persists!!

Freya
April 3rd, 2011, 03:10 AM
I've got something really weird going with my hands - they get really hot at times! I wonder if it's due to increased circulation or something? I get shaky too, nicnee, and the only thing that works for me is eating loads. It's a shame, I just dieted off all the weight surplus from my last pregnancy. Not that I'm going on a diet, it just feels ironic :rofl: .

I'm wondering for how long it's possible to hold the news off when it's not a first child, because my belly just bloats up in the afternoons. I gave up my sit-ups because I was feeling so dizzy, but I've started again now. Not sure if it's going to work...;) I really hope I don't have to tell anyone for a while. My MIL is coming for a visit in two weeks so I hope I won't be puking by then.

fivecrazymonkeys
April 3rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
lelephant,congrats on your BFP!:celebrate:

I am not telling family or friends till after 13weeks.We lost our last at 12weeks.
I make a cup of tea & toast in the morning & eat it in bed & take my pregnancy multi.Not sure if that is helping but I hope it is.:happy:

nicnee1976
April 5th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Well I wondered if any of you ladies are experiencing this. Up until I got my BFP last week I was so fed up of the girl diet. Now I can eat what I like, but you know what??? I only want the stuff I was having before, mainly dairy. The worst things I had to give up were crisps (chips to you US ladies) and marmite (yeast extract). Now I really don't want either and if I have anything salty it leaves a weird taste in my mouth. So it seems I have inadvertently weaned myself off salt. Not a bad thing really. Can't even stomach bread!!

Other than that I still feel quite well. Early days I know (5-6 weeks) but I feel a bit shaky and weak first thing, get hot flushes when I get out of the shower and get stretching pains on my left lower abdomen when I walk. No nausea as yet and I had it with all 3 boys. Maybe next week!!

Freya
April 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I've got the same thing, but opposite: crazy red meat cravings! I suppose I have a hard time giving up salt :) .

I just realised I've had m/s for about a week. TMI! It just comes out the wrong end :suprise: . Soo weird...

fivecrazymonkeys
April 5th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I can still eat Vegemite lol.

I too have no ms yet..trying to not worry as I am not 6 weeks yet.I get a few pains here & there too.I want to cry a lot...thinking it is more anxiety worrying about if this baby will grow.

Lets hope we all dont get too ill in the coming weeks.:happy:

Freya
April 7th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Lets hope we all dont get too ill in the coming weeks.:happy:

:agree:

LolaInLove
April 7th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hey girls, I'm such a cusper with the due date....I'm due Nov. 30, but I swear I will have this baby in early December, I always go late. The girls in the Nov. group are mostly a good 3-4 weeks ahead of me. Would love to hang out here too!

nicnee1976
April 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM
OK so far I am not getting many physical symptoms, but boy am I moody!!! In fact so far I feel so normal I keep convincing myself there is no baby there or I am going to M/C. Also a bit dizzy if I move too quickly!!

Hope all you other ladies are OK. I reckon the old M/S will hit next week for me!!

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Hello, Lola, how lovely to see you here :welcome: !

I'll probably start puking soon, nicnee, I could barely eat my dinner yesterday because it was reeking of garlic, and my nausea is getting worse every day. I also have trouble finishing every meal, and instead I snack between meals.

Any good tips for snacks, except fruit? I'm trying to quit the biscuits :think: .

LolaInLove
April 8th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Freya, I am slowly getting to be that way with eating, too....and the last couple of days, I have had some nausea from noon till 2pm or so. Nicenee, I wouldn't worry....everyone is different with each pg also....as long as you aren't bleeding and cramping, your bean is good to go!

Freya
April 8th, 2011, 10:35 AM
That's so weird, Lola, I got noon nausea too today. It's like it comes in waves of a few hours at a time. Very strange.

Persistence
April 11th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Hi Ladies,
I'm due December 9th!!

Freya
April 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Welcome Persistence :welcome: ! Congratulations :celebrate: !

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Persistance, congrats! I see you're an HT mama, that's awesome! FX for your pink beans!

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 08:39 AM
That's so weird, Lola, I got noon nausea too today. It's like it comes in waves of a few hours at a time. Very strange.

It IS weird....and I can not eat for an hour or two when I first wake up even, and feel fine....but then my noon witching hour strikes and I want to just lay down and be still like a statue.

nicnee1976
April 11th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Welcome persistence. Well I am now 6 weeks and still feel generally well, but the tiredness is starting to hit. I am so tired by teatime I am almost falling asleep in my food!! Still getting so many spots!! Grrrr!! Waiting for nausea to hit. I am really moody too and generally emotional and irrational about everything!!

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Those are all good signs, nicnee! Is your spotting brown or red? Have you gone to the dr about it yet?

Freya
April 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I think she means spots on her face :) . Don't wish for the nausea, nicnee, you've got the tiredness, and that's the better option, I think ;) .

You're lucky you can lie down, Lola. I'm working from home at the moment, but I dread having to go in as I spend some hours a day (around lunch) with compulsive heavy breathing and nausea that my acupressure bands do nothing for. Does anyone else have heavy breathing? I just walk around like a great sigh factory.

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Oh DURRRR.....my Americana coming out there! I think spots is a much nicer word than zits or pimples! I am getting those, too, lots on my jawline, it sucks!!!! Well, glad that is the case and not blood spots!

Freya, I wish I could lie down....I actually can't, must sit at desk and look attentive. Once I have a scan (on the 20th) and I see that this baby is indeed alive and well, then I'll tell work folks and the laying down may be acceptable! I have that heaving thing also, I always feel like I can never catch my breath. And since this is my 3rd (and I'm 35), I have a feeling that its mostly due to my belly already feeling like a bloated balloon and my general sluggishness. I gained some weight on the boy diet and am just generally feeling like a big whale right now.

Freya
April 11th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Freya, I wish I could lie down....I actually can't, must sit at desk and look attentive. Once I have a scan (on the 20th) and I see that this baby is indeed alive and well, then I'll tell work folks and the laying down may be acceptable! I have that heaving thing also, I always feel like I can never catch my breath. And since this is my 3rd (and I'm 35), I have a feeling that its mostly due to my belly already feeling like a bloated balloon and my general sluggishness. I gained some weight on the boy diet and am just generally feeling like a big whale right now.

Oh no, Lola, poor you :sad: . Good for you with the early scan, though, I won't get one until week 16-18. Free healthcare can suck sometimes...;) .I'm glad I'm not alone with the heaving, it must be pretty normal even though I don't remember it from the last pregnancy. Hope it goes soon, I'm sure you'll feel better when it does!

LolaInLove
April 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Oh no, Lola, poor you :sad: . Good for you with the early scan, though, I won't get one until week 16-18. Free healthcare can suck sometimes...;) .I'm glad I'm not alone with the heaving, it must be pretty normal even though I don't remember it from the last pregnancy. Hope it goes soon, I'm sure you'll feel better when it does!

Thanks, I'm just ready to be out of this first trimester in general....no more nausea, m/c worry, looking fat and not yet pregnant, fatigue.....I do remember loving the middle of pregnancy! My last was born in 2005 also, so it's been a while, but I do remember hating it until about 14 weeks. Hope our heaving selves get some relief sooner than that, though.

nicnee1976
April 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Yes I did indeed means spots on my face, pimples, zits, whatever. We call them spots here in the UK. I feel like a teenager again!! I'm not wishing for nausea, just expecting it to be around the corner. I do hope it isn't and tbh the nausea has got progressively less with each pregnancy I have had. Maybe I will escape this time. I can only hope.
I was always 16 weeks before I felt human again with the other 3 pregnancies.
Walked for miles this morning with the boys (who are off school for Easter holidays) and this afternoon I could have slept for hours, but only managed a 5 minute cat nap before DS3 wanted something!! Pregnant with 3 boys under 7 years old is gonna be tough!!

Freya
April 12th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Hope you escape it for a bit longer, nicnee! Sounds tough with the boys, GL with managing the holidays!

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Nicnee, I hope you and I both escape the MS this time....I am like you, it was less with DD2 and now it is *almost* nonexistent, although I have a small bout of icks in the afternoon. My face is totally broken out, too, I HATE it. I am going to start using the word spots, I like that much better. I hope you can get some more rest, I know how that is having to run around with little ones when you feel like a zombie!

LolaInLove
April 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Nicnee, are you going to find out the gender of the baby? I SO hope this is your girl!!!!

nicnee1976
April 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Lola I am really unsure about whether to find out the gender of this one. I didn't find out with any of the others, but with DS3 I saw something on the scan that made me 90% sure he was a boy. I spent the rest of the pregnancy very emotional about that and I wasn't interested in him at all whilst I was carrying him. I didn't bond with him whilst I was pregnant like I did the others. It wasn't until my best friend lost her baby (girl) at 7 months gone, (I was about 6 months gone at the time) that I realised I had to accept him and be thankful he was OK.
So now I'm not sure what to do. If I find out, and it is a boy I don't want to spend the rest of my pregnancy feeling disappointed. If I find out and it is a girl I would rather have that as a surprise after birth. But if I don't find out I may drive myself crazy for 40 weeks!!
I have to say I did feel whilst we were TTC, that if I couldn't conceive a girl I didn't want to be pregnant. But now I am pregnant I feel OK with the idea of having a boy. At least I know we tried everything to sway and it wasn't meant to be if I get my 4th son. Besides, my 3 boys are great, so another one would be just fine.

LolaInLove
April 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Lola I am really unsure about whether to find out the gender of this one. I didn't find out with any of the others, but with DS3 I saw something on the scan that made me 90% sure he was a boy. I spent the rest of the pregnancy very emotional about that and I wasn't interested in him at all whilst I was carrying him. I didn't bond with him whilst I was pregnant like I did the others. It wasn't until my best friend lost her baby (girl) at 7 months gone, (I was about 6 months gone at the time) that I realised I had to accept him and be thankful he was OK.
So now I'm not sure what to do. If I find out, and it is a boy I don't want to spend the rest of my pregnancy feeling disappointed. If I find out and it is a girl I would rather have that as a surprise after birth. But if I don't find out I may drive myself crazy for 40 weeks!!
I have to say I did feel whilst we were TTC, that if I couldn't conceive a girl I didn't want to be pregnant. But now I am pregnant I feel OK with the idea of having a boy. At least I know we tried everything to sway and it wasn't meant to be if I get my 4th son. Besides, my 3 boys are great, so another one would be just fine.

I TOTALLY feel the same way....I am scared to have GD, but also know I'd like to know and will go nuts for 40 wks. My Dh wants to find out, and so do my kids, so I am probably going to. But, sometimes I think it would be nice to just hope and dream for 40 weeks and at least enjoy my last pregnancy and then be surprised. And I'm with you, I gave it my best shot so whatever it is, it is. Big time FX for you, girl!!!!

Freya
April 15th, 2011, 02:06 AM
It's so nice to get to that point, I think, to be perfectly content with what you did, and happy with whatever the outcome. Although my sister recently had a boy, and I've been quite jealous, now that I'm pregnant I'm just so happy and grateful. FX for all of us :) !

LolaInLove
April 15th, 2011, 11:07 AM
It's so nice to get to that point, I think, to be perfectly content with what you did, and happy with whatever the outcome. Although my sister recently had a boy, and I've been quite jealous, now that I'm pregnant I'm just so happy and grateful. FX for all of us :) !

It's funny that you mentioned that Freya, because my sister, who I am very close to, just called me last night and said they ttc on Monday for their first. I was super excited, thinking OMG she will be pg with her first and me my last together (even though we live 1,000 miles apart). I asked her if she did opks or temped or anything, and she says she just had "a ton of that stringy ewcm hanging down" so I am sure she dtd at the perfect time....but THEN my crazy pregnant brain starts thinking, Oh great....what if she gets a son and I get another girl? I can't even think about how I'll deal with that kind of jealousy, especially with my sister, who is my best friend. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, Freya!

Anyway, how is everyone getting along? I am really starting to have to wear some maternity clothes, my pants won't button and I do kinda have a tiny baby pooch, which I know is my uterus just getting huge already with #3 as the baby is just a pea right now.

nicnee1976
April 16th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Well Lola, I am now almost 7 weeks and the last 2 days I have felt sooooo tired, barely able to keep my eyes open in the afternoon and mild nausea has started. I have put on about 3 pounds too, but only because I went underweight on the girl diet, so have gone back to eating normally now and feel so much better for the bit of extra weight. Clothes still fit though. Not sure how I will cope with my night shifts now I am so tired. Work do not know yet. I am a nurse.

As for the whole jealousy thing, after I had DS3, everyone had girls that year, most already had 1 son already, so got the 'perfect' 1 of each. It killed me inside, made me so sad and jealous. Everyone at work bar about 3 people now has one of each, and it is so hard to deal with. In fact I don't get gender desire all the time, it comes in waves, and especially when someone I know has a girl. My brother and sister don't have kids, nor do they look like they will for several years if ever, so I don't have that to worry about, but it would be nice to be a aunty!!

Freya
April 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Lola, I started wearing one size larger jeans about the time I got my BFP, and I'm stretching them out nicely now :) . I lost some weight while being on the alkaline diet, so it's nice to have a range of clothes to grow back into! On the jealousy, though, the fertility envy was definitely worse than the gender envy in the end! I hope your sister gets pregnant :) !

Puked today, by the way. But I was eating tuna. It's been so long, I'd forgotten I'm not supposed to :worry: . We only ever eat salmon otherwise. Now I feel bad. I need to do some reading... :oops:

The tiredness is beginning to get to me too, nicnee. I could hardly get up this morning, and little things just exhaust me. I'm sorry it's been so hard for you though. That sucks!

LolaInLove
April 18th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I am still a zombie from about 2pm-4pm each day, it has definitely hit me! Thankfully the nausea is not that bad this time around. I have way more food aversions that nausea. I think the worst new symptoms I have are headaches (probably because of cutting down on morning coffee....used to have a big cup, maybe 1 1/2 normal cups worth on way to work, now it is unappealing), and being sort of depressed feeling! That just hit me the other day. I've had this blase downer attitude, saying stuff like "It's probably another girl" and being very unlike myself. I think my brain is playing hormonal tricks on me. Grrrrrr.........

This is just such a wierd time for me, psychologically.....as this is our last. I don't want to know what the baby is, I don't want to be upset and have a bummer pregnancy and have to deal with all the comments and know that I'll never raise a son. It's like I only want to know if it's a boy, but of course, DH and the kids want to know, so I will surely cave in and find out with them. I think I'm just anxious anyway, since I have my 8 week appt in 2 days and still don't even know if this bean is alive and kicking yet.

Freya
April 20th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Oh, Lola, I'm sorry you're feeling so down! I hope you feel better after your appointment. If it's any consolation, I've been feeling extremely moody lately, too. Maybe it's something that will pass. At the weekend, I usually have a nap if I'm feeling moody and quarrelsome, and I actually feel much better afterwards, like the rest just makes it go away. It saves my DH some grief, so he doesn't care if he has to cook or do other things :) .

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hey girls, I had a pretty unfortunate appointment, needless to say. I posted in pregnancy loss about it. I'm pretty gutted, just feeling like I don't want to start over again, I don't want to go back to freaking opks and swaying and whatnot. I've been doing this ttc thing for 8 months, and was so ready to be really crossed over into baby land. Hope you girls are feeling well, and I am going to keep checking in! HUGE FX for a baby girl for you nicnee and a blue bean for you, Freya!

nicnee1976
April 21st, 2011, 04:59 PM
I posted in your loss forum Lola, but again I am so sorry that this has not worked out for you.
I know I wouldn't want to go back to the diet and swaying, so I can see how you feel, but I hope you can find the courage to try again, even if you set yourself a time limit. I hear people conceive quickly after a loss.
Whatever you decide, I hope it all works out for you.

Freya
April 24th, 2011, 12:54 PM
OMG Lola, I'm so very sorry, how absolutely gutting! I really understand that you don't want to sway again, but if you decide to try again, swaying or not, my fingers are firmly crossed for you!

My warmest thoughts to you and your family, and I hope you all get through this difficult time :heart: .

LolaInLove
April 25th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks girls, I am feeling a bit more positive although still just angry at the world for letting this happen. We'll try again, because my DH is the stepdad to my kids and this would be his only bio child, so I don't want to let go of that dream for him. Hope you gals are doing well and feeling better!

Freya
April 26th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I'm glad you haven't lost all hope at least, Lola. GL with your next attempt!

How are you doing Nicnee? Any m/s yet?

I was just worrying over the weekend over my lack of increasing symptoms, only to wake up yesterday with heartburn and spots all over my face (yep, my turn now ;) )! I have trouble sleeping as well, as I get very hot around 4 am despite the fact that the room is 10-15 degrees celsius.

Let's hope the next month doesn't get too tough!

nicnee1976
April 26th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I haven't been sleeping either.We had a hot spell in the UK and I keep waking up feeling too hot. My face is still covered with spots, but M/S only coming intermittently when I am hungry or tired. I have felt quite well overall, but every so often I get 2 or 3 days when I am so exhausted I can barely move. I guess that is a growth spurt. Also had increase in appetite which seems to occur a day or 2 before I get really tired.

The boys have just gone back to school after their Easter hols, and we went out most days to parks, open spaces, and even a theme park, so I reckon I did too much last week. Am in bed at 9pm tonight!!

Got my 1st appointment with the midwife tomorrow. It may seem more real then.
Got some dull aches, like period pain today. Like I said, I reckon it's a growth spurt!!

Hope everyone else is well. Hope Lola is OK.

wishing on a star
April 27th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Hi ladies was wandering if i could join you here, im only 4/5 weeks bjt got a really early bfp so it feels like ive been pregnant longer lol! EDD is around the 30th december 2011 going by O,
xxx

Freya
April 27th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Welcome, wishing on a star :welcome: How are you feeling so far?

I get the same phases of symptoms as you, nicnee, which I find very reassuring :) . Sometimes, however much I sleep, it just isn't enough, and I spent the entire Easter unable to get out of bed in the mornings (my MIL was visiting, and all the activities just crushed me). I also have my 1st appointment soon, next week, although I feel I won't be able to relax completely until the ultrasound in week 16. So far off!

When are your first ultrasounds, ladies?

wishing on a star
April 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM
FREYA ive had slight nausea now for about 3 days and the tiredness has really kicked in today!! I dont mind at the moment though as i get so paranoid in the first few weeks that everythings ok so having pregnancy symptons good or bad is fine by me lol!! Hoping the nausea dosent get to bad as had it really bad with ds2!
I know this is so silly as i feel so grateful to be pregnant but im going through kind of a neurotic phase where i keep analysing my sway. Instead of focusing on all the things i did right i keep picking at the things i did wrong, its really getting me down! I know its probably to do with my hormones and whats done is done but i cant help myself is this normaL?!
XXXX

Freya
April 30th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I think we're all fretting over something, wishing on a star. Personally, I'm terrified that something will go wrong, but if I didn't have that to worry about, I might be more concerned about something else. I'm so glad I have an appointment on Tuesday, so at least I can chat about my worries...

I'm sorry you're feeling tired, but at least you're joining a club of exhausted ladies ;) . I need 9-10 hours a night or I get into such a state that I can't work becasue my brain just shuts down. I'm feeling quite low at the moment, but I'm holding out until week 12. I agree though, nausea is reassuring if anything :bigsmile: .

How did your appointment go, nicnee?

nicnee1976
May 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hi Freya and welcome Wishing!
Haven't been on here in several days, so busy here. 2 of my boys have chickenpox, I have a written essay and exam to do on Fri for a course I am doing, so working hard on that, so no time for anything but being mum and student!!
My appt with m/w was fine. She said I would be OK for another home birth, should everything progress OK. Had bloods taken, B/P was fine, low as usual. Should get a scan appointment for 2-3 weeks time. 1st scan will be at 12-14 weeks, 2nd at 20 weeks. She is a new m/w for me as we recently moved house and changed GP surgery, but turns out she was the m/w that delivered DS2 at my first home birth!
I am feeling under the weather, sore throat and headache, but luckily I have had chickenpox, so boys don't pose a risk to me.
Still not much nausea, at times I am really tired, boobs sore, but not as big as with the boys and spots (on my face) have died down a bit.
Hope everyone else is OK??

Freya
May 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the chickenpox, nicnee, I hope the boys are not too bad! And such bad timing for your course as well! Hopefully the boys will feel better soon. How nice to know your m/w! I got a new one this time as well, because my old clinic moved, and it's a bit weird.

I had my appointment too, and it turns out I can elect to have an early ultrasound if I want, so I'm really pleased (apparently, they don't want worried ladies there :) ). They're going to find out whether the baby is rhesus negative (I'm negative myself) through a simple bloodtest, isn't that amazing? I never heard of it before.

My nausea is peaking now, and it's concentrated a bit on the mornings, which is nice for a change as I get some time off in the afternoons ;) . Still, I wear the acupressure wristbands all day now, really can't wait for it to go...

Hope you're feeling happier, wishing!

Freya
May 12th, 2011, 01:16 PM
How's everyone feeling? I'm actually beginning to feel a bit better on the occasional day now :fx: .

nicnee1976
May 16th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Well I have had a lot of tiredness lately and seem to need a nap most afternoons!! No nausea though, some bloating and indigestion. I'm finding the 2 mile round trip to school 3 times a day hard and if I can I do the lunchtime run in the car.
Overall I have felt well though with the odd days of feeling terrible. This has definitely been my easiest 1st trimester of the 4!!
Working the night shifts is hard at the minute, especially since work do not know yet, so no easing up on me!!
Still my coursework is over, so that is one less stress and I can relax in the evenings now (when I am not at work!!)
Hope everyone else is well, or coping well enough!!

Freya
May 21st, 2011, 03:28 AM
I'm glad to hear it's not so bad for you nicnee, although it's a shame you have to work nights when you're so tired!

How are you feeling, wishing?

I'm on some sort of weird rollercoaster, feeling fine sometimes and then suddenly so tired, bloated and nauseous that I can't focus on my work. Pretended I had a virus this week so that I could stay home and rest :rolleyes: . Still, better than last time for me, too. Let's hope it means something, genderwise :) .

wishing on a star
May 21st, 2011, 03:53 AM
Hi freya, seem to be able to cotrol the nausea a bit better now but it seems to be worse around late afternoon, early evening, only way to stop it is to eat lol. I have a lot of indigestion with this pregnancy too, everything i eat repeats on me, its not even as if im eating anything strong tasting either. Tiredness isnt to bad at the moment although if i can i will have a little rest late afternoon. Had an early ultrasound this week and baby measured 5 days bigger although im quite sure when i O'D so maybe its just having a growing spurt. I keep comparing all my symptons to my other 2 pregnancies, there are a lot of similarities to ds2 but then that pregnancy was so different to ds1. I seem to be looking into everything lol
Has everyone decided wether they are going to find out babys sex or not?
Anyone have any gut instincts as to what they are having?
xx

Freya
May 22nd, 2011, 04:05 AM
I'm extremely curious about the gender, wishing, so I will find out for sure :bigsmile: . Can't until the 30th june, when I can ask. I have my first ultrasound on Friday, so I'll have a peek for sure, although I'd be more focused on the results of the screening. It's a bit scary, I've become so attached to this bump now, I don't know what I'd do if anything was wrong. I think of my bump as a boy, so it would be weird if it's a girl. Still, I'd be equally happy for a healthy girl!

Sorry you've got all that indigestion, I totally sympathise! Do you have any feeling for what you've got in there, wishing?

nicnee1976
May 23rd, 2011, 05:26 AM
I have my first USS tomorrow to confirm my dates. My EDD from LMP is 30/11/11, but I know I didn't O until CD 22, so I expect a week to be added to that. Will be nice to have a confirmed EDD though!!
I am quite excited to see baby. As I have had very few symptoms I keep telling myself maybe something is wrong!! But then in the last week my boobs have gone up a size and are very tender and I have a little tummy now. I think I can feel the top of my uterus just above my pubic bone too, so perhaps there really is a growing baby in there!!
I don't think I will find out the gender in 8 weeks time. If it is a girl I want it to be a surprise and although I would rather know if it is a boy, I also don't want to spend the 2nd half of my pregnancy disappointed and not enjoying my last pregnancy. So overall I think it best I don't know, although that said, I 'knew' without a doubt that DS2 and DS3 were boys by the time I was full term.
My initial gut feeling with this one was that it is a boy. I think if I convince myself of that, then the worst that can happen is I get what I expect and the best outcome is a marvellous surprise!!
Hope everyone else is well?

wishing on a star
May 23rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ive been telling myself that this one is a ds too so that way i wont be dissappointed but something deep down tells me its a girl. Everytime i get that thought i try and block it out as i cant let myself believe that and then turn out to be wrong. I wont be dissapointed if it is another ds but i think i will feel sad for the little girl that ill never have, that thought is very hard to come to terms with.
I try not to but i do think about the gender on a daily basis, it dosent help when other people make comments like 'i bet you want a girl' and 'im sure its another boy'. Ive told everyone that i think its another boy so they dont go on about it. I think half the time womens GD stems from other peoples opinions and thoughts and not our own, if we genuinley knew people were happy for us and didnt feel sorry for us if we didnt get a mixed gender family we could probably deal with things better when the time came.
xx

nicnee1976
May 24th, 2011, 08:01 AM
We only started telling people a few days ago, and then it was only our closest family and friends and I have already had 'I bet you want a girl this time', to which I always answer that is something I have no control over, so there is no point yearning for it. Everyone expects me to find out what gender this one is at 20 weeks too, perhaps another reason for me to be stubborn and not find out!! Although I will look for gender clues at both this scan and the next one.

I feel quite calm this time and open to the idea of DS4. If it is a boy then it wasn't meant to be for me to have a daughter and I can make my peace with that, although it will always be hard when others have a baby girl.

nicnee1976
May 25th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Scan went OK. 1 baby in there, due 6th Dec which was exactly what I (and fertility friend) predicted. Nuchal fold measured 2.5-2.8 mm, so a bit concerned that is above average, but should get down's results in next week or so.

My initial thought was that it looked boyish, but later in the scan it looked girly. Will try to post my scan pics to get some nub guesses.

wishing on a star
May 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Glad went ok hunny, i know a few people who had the same result as you but all results came back fine so try not to worry too much about it. Did u manage to post your pics?
xx

nicnee1976
May 26th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Will try to post tonight. Didn't have time last night and may need the help of my IT professional husband!!

MrsSpencer
May 26th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hi new here due December 10th! We're hoping for a girl, and posted my first ultrasound last night. I have a 3 year old son, and DH is firm (right now ;)) in only having two.

nicnee1976
May 26th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hello Mrs S! I have 3 boys aged 6, 4 and 2. This is definitely the last one. Everything crossed for a girl, but I am trying not to get my hopes up and am imagining life with 4 boys!!
I will post my 12 week scan pics tonight if I can work it out. Got my DH on the case at the minute!!

nicnee1976
May 27th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Just to let you guys know I managed to post my 12 week scan pics in the ultrasound gender prediction forum. Took some doing to get the files small enough!!
Please have a peek and let me know what you think, if you have any nub theory knowledge!!

Freya
May 28th, 2011, 03:49 AM
How exciting, nicnee, I'll have a look (not that I know much about it but still...;) )!

It's wonderful to see the baby, isn't it? I had my scan yesterday, and it was just amazing to see the little thing! I got a low risk for all the chromosomal tests as well, which is nice. My baby was upside down, so no nub prediction for me :( . My impression was girl, though, so I got just a little bit sad, just because all the effort we put in. But, as DH said, we won't know for another month, so there's no point thinking anything, really. I suppose we're all prepared for the worst, now!

I got a due date prediction for end of November (28-30), but I'm not sure I quite believe it. If it only depends on the O date, I'm sure I couldn't have Oed before my LH surge :suprise: .

Welcome, Mrs S! Nice to see you here :) ! And belated congrats :celebrate: !

ELP
May 28th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Freya, you had your scan!!! Fantastic:) I've been wondering if it was due, thats great news on all the results, do you have any pics to post even upside down ones, I love scan pics they are just do special aren't they. Still fingers firmly x'ed for blue for you xx

nicnee1976
May 28th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Great stuff Freya!! My due date from LMP was 30th Nov, but I didn't ov until CD22, so I knew I had to add a week to that. I estimated the 6th Dec and that is exactly what the scan showed. Shame you didn't get a good nub shot, although I guess all we do if we do get a good shot is obsess over it!!
I was surprised to get such a good shot as baby was not being very co-operative and seemed to be trying to get away from the ultrasound probe!! Also with my boys the shots were all really fuzzy. But back then a midwife did the 12 week scan and it was just for dating, no nuchal fold measurement.
I agree though, it makes it more real and reassuring to see baby moving and see the heart beating. Hope you get your blue, despite your instincts. I have to say I really felt mine was a girl from looking at the images on screen and now lots of pink guesses from the nub shot. I really hope everyone is right, but I still daren't hope!!

Freya
May 28th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Thank you ELP and nicnee :heart: ! Just for fun, here's a link to the pics: Scanpics (http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/idun77/?action=view&current=Scanmix.jpg). I have no scanner so I had to take a photo of the printouts lol.

They certainly seem to move around a lot nicnee, I think mine was sucking a thumb briefly and bouncing up and down :) !

MrsSpencer
May 31st, 2011, 08:46 AM
I have another appt next week (june 8th) and I'm hoping another ultrasound (I'll be 13 weeks 4 days)..hope to get a good shot of the nub to get some accurate guesses!

Freya
June 1st, 2011, 05:49 AM
Good luck, Mrs S! Looking forward to seeing the pics :) !

nicnee1976
June 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM
I had my Down's risk back and I was right to be concerned about the size of the nuchal translucency measurement. My Down's risk has come back at 1 in 15 and I now have to decide whether to have the amniocentesis test or not. I really don't know what to do, but I wish all this would go away.

Freya
June 1st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Oh, no nicnee, I am so sorry, how awful for you :( ! I guess that decision will be different for every family, and you will just have to go with what your heart tells you. I hope you can find decision that you are happy with :heart: :luck: .

LolaInLove
June 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
I had my Down's risk back and I was right to be concerned about the size of the nuchal translucency measurement. My Down's risk has come back at 1 in 15 and I now have to decide whether to have the amniocentesis test or not. I really don't know what to do, but I wish all this would go away.

Hey Preggies, just checking in to say HI.....nicnee, I wanted to offer hugs and prayers for your situation. That is a hard decision, indeed, and you will do the right thing for your family. Just remember that although odds are odds, and they are never fun to stare down....1 in 15 is still not bad and also keep in mind that the odds of the amnio being fine in regards to not causing problems for your baby are good also.

nicnee1976
June 1st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks Lola. DH said the same thing, so we are going ahead with the amnio. Just so I can know either way and not stress about it for the next 6 months.

Hope you are OK Lola. Still planning on TTC again in a couple of months?? I'll keep my eye out for you around the forums.

Freya
June 2nd, 2011, 05:00 AM
Sounds like you made a good decision, nicnee! When is your amnio?

Hi Lola, nice to see you around. Hope you're enjoying your break! :fx: for you when you start TTCing again!

nicnee1976
June 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
The amnio will be on Thurs 23rd June. I feel relieved to have made the decision, and the midwife assured me it is a quick procedure. I'm trying not to think about the consequences and am just hoping the odds will be in our favour.

Freya
June 2nd, 2011, 06:27 AM
I'm sure they will be, nicnee. One in 15 is still good odds I think, and the risks of the amnio itself are very low. At least you don't have to wait too long for the procedure!

LolaInLove
June 2nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Nicnee, you'll be just fine, believe that. Your doc will take good care of you and the baby.

I'll be ttc in August, taking a few months off here to regroup and started with some heavy antioxidants in hopes that my eggs are nice and healthy then.

So excited for you gals, can't wait to hear about your bundles. Nicnee, that little bub is gonna be just fine!

wishing on a star
June 17th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Just wanted to see how the december ladies are doin?, seems to have gone really quiet on here lol. Think i may be the last to have my NT scan which is due monday, praying for a good nub shot so i can put you experts to the test lol
xx

Freya
June 18th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Hi wishing, good to hear from you, hope you are well and hope you get a good nub shot :) !

I'm feeling a lot less nauseous and tired now, and look forward to a second ultrasound on the 30th, when we'll finally find out the gender. I've been really busy working lately, and I'm trying to cope with a really, really stressful situation at work, but I think I'll manage. Relaxing with my daughter is the ultimate antidote!

I suppose the good thing about the stress lately is that I got a lot of response from below :) . First time, so that was exciting!

How are you doing nicnee?

nicnee1976
June 18th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I'm OK thanks Freya. Once i made the decision to have the amnio I decided not to think about it too much until the day. Although I am sure come Weds I will be very nervous. Luckily this is a busy term at school for the kids, so lots on the calendar to keep me busy.
Other than that, I do actually have a bump now, and much bigger than with the boys. Suffering a bit with gas!!! Have been feeling babe move for a few weeks now (have always felt them early, was told it is because I am skinny).
Will update you about the amnio and the results which I should get before the end of June.

Freya
June 20th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday, nicnee, I'm sure you will be fine :) :luck::fingers: .

nicnee1976
June 22nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
The amnio is tomorrow, I am not too nervous yet, although I thought I would be. I feel very much as though this is a hurdle to get over and move on, although how far we move on depends on the outcome.

Will keep you posted with how it went and the preliminary results are due next week (Weds I think). They will tell us a definite yes or no, then there is a full screen of all the chromosomes to look for all possible defects. That takes 3 weeks, but at least we will have a Down's answer next week.

Wish me luck and I will report back soon

Freya
June 24th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Did your amnio go okay, nicnee?

nicnee1976
June 24th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Went better then expected Freya. It was not as painful as I thought, just a persistent stinging. Have been OK since too, taking it easy. Should get results by Weds.
It was nice to see babe again on scan and they gave us a couple more pics. DH did think he saw boys bits, but the sonographer was not really looking at babe, more at the pools of fluid and trying to get babe to move into a better position. I asked DH what he saw and what angle from and he said he didn't really know what he was looking for. I didn't see anything, but then my view was really limited from a lying position. Still my instincts tell me this is a boy anyway, but if it is healthy and normal then that is all that matters.
Thanks for your concern.

wishing on a star
June 24th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Nicnee so glad to hear everything went well I have been thinking about you, praying your teat results all come back ok as well xxx

nicnee1976
June 24th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks wishing, the support I have had here and from friends and family has been amazing and I am sure that is why I remained so calm before and during the procedure. I have the day off work today and I plan on taking it easy for a few days now. Will update you all once I know the results.

Freya
June 24th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I'm so glad to hear everything went fine, nicnee, and hope you have a good recovery! I really hope all the results come back okay, too. Fingers crossed for you and your baby!

Freya
June 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
As you can see, 100% girl in belly. I thought it was, but I'm still a bit disappointed, although we're happy everything is fine of course. We kind of decided we're going to try again for a boy very soon.

How are you doing nicnee?

nuthinbutpink
June 30th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks wishing, the support I have had here and from friends and family has been amazing and I am sure that is why I remained so calm before and during the procedure. I have the day off work today and I plan on taking it easy for a few days now. Will update you all once I know the results.

Just wanted to pop on and wish you the best. I hope all is well with your babe.

LolaInLove
June 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hi ladies,

Nicnee, just wanted to send you more virtual hugs, and I hope you are doing well. I bet you anticipate results soon, and know that you are in my prayers.

Freya, I hope you are doing ok also and warming up to the idea of another little lady. Honestly, I love having 2 girls, but I would like my 3rd and final kid to be a boy, of course! It is so amazing to see your two little ones of the same gender playing and know they will be best friends forever. I love that I gave my girls the best gift ever....a sister. Anyway, great news that you will try again soonish......it gets harder when it's your last shot. Also, now you can spend that money you needed to buy boy clothes on some pampering for yourself, eh? xxoo

Freya
June 30th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Thank you for the support Lola! I'm sure I'll get used to the thought soon, and of course I look forward to having another sweet little girl, despite all the effort we made to the opposite. I just need to get used to thinking about it, really. Yes, she'll be one cheap baby: we sure have clothes and girly toys enough, and since she's due the day after DH's birthday, we'll save money on cake, too :rofl: . You're absolutely right, though, time is running out and we need to be swift with the next one...

How are you doing, Lola, are you getting ready to sway again?

LolaInLove
June 30th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Yep, gearing up for an attempt in early August. I am about to ovulate now, so giving this cycle a miss....it will be my 3rd since the m/c, just like the doctor ordered. To be honest, I am not really that excited. More nervous, I think, because I won't even consider that I will have a baby until I see a live one in there with a good heartbeat and all. Anyway, I am hoping we get lucky within the first 3 months because I don't have much steam left for ttc anymore. I can sense that my heart is gearing up for giving up as I'm already thinking about switching jobs or jumping into a new career, something to get my mind off of babies....even though I am consciously not trying to think about giving up. Anyway, I am going to sway again and give it my best shot, although I am more focused on just being fertile and healthy than any crazy boy sway stuff.

You are so right about the cheap factor, I loved not having to get more stuff. I can't remember how old you are, but don't worry about time running out, you have time! But truly, you will love your little ladies together, it is such a joy to see mine go in their room (another bonus of same sex kids) and play for hours together.

Will keep tabs on you ladies.....xxoo

Freya
July 1st, 2011, 01:58 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling a bit down about it all, Lola, and I really hope the next month is for you! I really know what you mean with all the dieting, though, I was swaying for a year in total, even if we only made six attempts due to chemicals and illnesses and diet breaks, and I was so fed up with it all. Sometimes it's better just to go with something that makes you happy and well. GL :luck: xxx !

nicnee1976
July 1st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hi girls.
I got my results today and all is normal. I am so relieved. Of course they are still going to do a full chromosome analysis, but the baby does not have Down's. I was waiting 2 days for a phone call, but had to go in to antenatal clinic today for another reason and the midwife popped her head in to tell me then. I still can't believe the stress of the last few weeks is over and now am looking forward to enjoying the rest of this pregnancy.
Thanks again for all the support. It sure has helped me get through this.

Freya, I'm sorry you didn't get the boy you swayed for, but as others have said, 2 of the same gender is nice, they tend to play well together and have a lovely bond. My 3 boys get along wonderfully, and now I have been through this recent scare, I really don't mind too much if this is a boy too. Congrats on your girl. I bet she will be beautiful.

Freya
July 2nd, 2011, 03:54 AM
I'm so relieved for you nicnee, that's such great news :congrats: ! Now you really can enjoy the rest of the summer :) .

And thank you, I'm sure she'll be lovely and very special. I'll just have to store all my boy's names in a drawer for now ;) .

aabroo
July 2nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
Freya,I'm sorry you didnt hear blue,but congratulations on your little girl.

Freya
July 5th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Thank you, aabroo :) !

LolaInLove
July 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Nicnee, SOOOOOO glad all is ok! Hope you are doing well, Freya! xxoo

nicnee1976
July 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Had my 20 week scan this morning. All was normal, which was a relief after our previous health scare. We did not find out the gender. I want to wait until birth. Baby was in an awkward position and the sonographer struggled to image the organs. I did not see any gender clues, but on one shot she was imaging the kidneys from a front on view of the abdomen and I could see 3 lines at one end of the abdomen, but not sure if this was cord or bottom as it was not a potty shot. Still no obvious boys bits seen like I saw on DS3's scan!! So I have hope yet. Didn't manage to get any good pics due to babe's position, but babe was very sweet and covering it's face with it's hands as if to hide from camera!! Felt a real bond starting today.

Freya
July 23rd, 2011, 05:14 AM
It's nice to hear the scan went well, Nincee! It's always so lovely to see them!

Mine is kicking something chronic at the moment, but I'm still hoping she won't be too wild when she's born - the placenta is placed inwards towards my spine so I feel every move, which could be the reason for all the mayhem :) . I just found out yesterday that the baby is RhD positive (I'm negative, though not sensitised), so I'm a little bit worried. But at least she's easy to monitor!

How's everyone doing otherwise? I'm getting pretty large already, and was a bit surprised yesterday when I could get into the same trousers I started wearing around the eighth month during my first pregnancy. Was it the same for you, Nicnee, with your second and third pregnancy?

ELP
July 23rd, 2011, 05:29 AM
I'm glad you ladies are doing well:) Freya, what happens with the +/- thing?? Do you or baby need an injection at birth, is that it??

Freya
July 25th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks ELP :) ! I'll be having an injection in week thirty, and I'll also take a blood test for anti-D. If I've become sensitised through some minor incident that disrupted the baby/mother barrier (which I might not even notice, at least not at first), they'll continue giving me injections and monitor my values (so they can tell how the baby is doing). If everything is okay up until birth, I'll get another injection, they test the cord blood to confirm the blood group of the baby, and then they test me again after three months to see if I've become sensitised due to the birthing process. That would really affect the next pregnancy in terms of supervision etc. Apparently they can deal with the problem pretty well these days though if things get rough.

During my last pregnancy I just got an injection at birth, but then they couldn't detect the baby's blood group from a mother blood sample, so they didn't know she was RhD negative. At least this time I've got all the technology on my side :) .

LolaInLove
July 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Hey ladies! Nicnee, glad your baby looks great! Freya, I get happy chills when I read your post about your baby being rambunctious already.....my DD2 is the absolute COLOR in our family- she is just so funny and sweet. You will love having another girl! And Nicnee, I hope you are having a rambunctious little girl as well so she can teach those big brothers to mind their business!

nicnee1976
July 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
It's nice to hear the scan went well, Nincee! It's always so lovely to see them!

Mine is kicking something chronic at the moment, but I'm still hoping she won't be too wild when she's born - the placenta is placed inwards towards my spine so I feel every move, which could be the reason for all the mayhem :) . I just found out yesterday that the baby is RhD positive (I'm negative, though not sensitised), so I'm a little bit worried. But at least she's easy to monitor!

How's everyone doing otherwise? I'm getting pretty large already, and was a bit surprised yesterday when I could get into the same trousers I started wearing around the eighth month during my first pregnancy. Was it the same for you, Nicnee, with your second and third pregnancy?

Freya, I was tiny with DS1 and DS2, hardly a bump at all. With DS1 I got lots of fluid on my legs, feet and face, but with DS2 I literally had a little bump but no weight anywhere else and was back in 1 size bigger than normal clothes within a week of having him. DS3 was a small bump (bump kept measuring small and being sent for scans), but he was 8lb 15oz, a pound and a half bigger than DS1 and DS2. My bump for him was rounder, and carried over the hips, but I was by no means massive. This time I have showed much quicker and gone into mat clothes sooner. Bump is higher, but still neat. I have more weight on hips and thighs this time, but boobs much smaller.

I felt this baby move early (have got earlier with each pregnancy), but it has not been as vigorous as the boys until this week (21) when I am finally feeling it move more. I am feeling very frequent movement, but they are more gentle, but I assume that is because I have an anterior placenta. I am feeling a bit impatient about meeting this one too, but I have ages to go yet!!

Freya
July 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Your girl sounds lovely, Lola, I hope mine will be fun and sweet as well :) .

That's so strange, nicnee, that you had a small bump with a larger baby inside! I've read that muscle tonus can influence how much the bump shows, so maybe you're just very fit? I've tried to google reasons for large or small bumps, but it just seems to be random, so who knows. I'll just try to go with the flow, but it's annoying to feel like a whale :rolleyes: ! I really want to get the pregnancy over with, too, I think last time it was so exciting and now I just want the finished product!

nicnee1976
August 4th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Your girl sounds lovely, Lola, I hope mine will be fun and sweet as well :) .

That's so strange, nicnee, that you had a small bump with a larger baby inside! I've read that muscle tonus can influence how much the bump shows, so maybe you're just very fit? I've tried to google reasons for large or small bumps, but it just seems to be random, so who knows. I'll just try to go with the flow, but it's annoying to feel like a whale :rolleyes: ! I really want to get the pregnancy over with, too, I think last time it was so exciting and now I just want the finished product!

Lol, I'm not fit, as in I never go to the gym. I do walk a lot and my midwife often commented on how toned my bump was when palpating it. She assumed I did loads of sit ups when not pregnant!! I think I am lucky. I'm bigger this time, but still quite neat. That's me all over though, neat and tidy and control freak!! Maybe the whole control freak thing is why I have so many boys.....testosterone!!
I think I am bigger this time because I never lost my appetite from day 1 and never had m/s or nausea. I am hungry a lot, and always seem to want biscuits!! I know with the boys I lost my appetite in the 1st trimester and I didn't eat loads at any time with DS2 and DS3, but I did eat like a horse in trimester 3 with DS1.
Hope everyone is well. I am really feeling loads of movements now, this baby is a fidget. Thinks my bladder is a trampoline. But I feel like I am bonding more each day and I am looking forward to meeting him/her.

Freya
August 7th, 2011, 05:23 AM
I sure recognise the trampoline thing :bigsmile: . I actually started playing classical music at bedtime so that I can get some sleep - she calms down when she hears it and I can fall asleep. I tried like six different records and found two that made her calm ;) .

Are you having a c-section or giving birth naturally, nicnee? My first was in breech position so I don't know whether it was due to my uterine shape or what. If this one turns out the right way I will give birth naturally though, so I've just found some Lamaze technique classes to take with DH and I'm doing my exercises every day. It feels annoying though, with all the uncertainty, I would just like to know so I can be mentally prepared for either option. How do you feel about it? Were any of your babies in breech?

nicnee1976
August 10th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I had vaginal deliveries with all 3. DS1 was back to back with me during labour and ended up being a ventouse and forceps delivery. DS2 and DS3 were home births, completely natural and completely chilled out. I am hoping to have this one at home too.
None of mine were breech and were in fact head down from quite early on. I did pregnancy yoga with DS2 and DS3 to prepare myself for labour and to learn relaxation and breathing, and only used a TENS machine and a bit of gas and air for the labour.
DS2 was not a quick labour (about 6 hours established labour) but was virtually painless (just got bad towards the end and after they broke my waters). DS3 was about 3 hours established labour, again only painful once my waters had gone. I was 3 and 5cm dilated with the last 2 a few days prior to labour, so I didn't have far to go!!
DS2 was the easiest. DS3 was hard to push out as he was bigger, but that said I only pushed for 10 mins or so.
Hope you get the natural labour you want Freya. I was close to having a section with DS1 when he got stuck, but I am so glad I didn't as I would not have had my home births since!!

Freya
August 13th, 2011, 03:29 AM
It sounds like you had great experiences of labour, Nicnee, that's so nice, thank you for sharing :) . I've read so many stories of women experiencing pain that have been completely unprepared, so it really seems that proper relaxation techniques and good breathing helps. It's so nice to hear such positive stories. I'll definately try to stay at home for as long as possible, if I get the chance to deliver naturally.

Baby seems to be in breech, but early days yet. She has plenty of room to turn this time, with my big belly ;) . I had it measured, and apparently it's spot on normal size, it's just that my last belly was tiny, and since I'm tiny myself, the new proportions appear odd to me :D !

Hope you're well otherwise, Nicnee!

nicnee1976
August 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Yes, I am well Freya. Just getting the old SPD again, which I had with DS2 and DS3, so pains in my pubic bone when I have been on my feet a lot and pains in my hips when I get out of bed. Also some sciatica too. But they aren't too bad yet, although I expect it to get much worse.

I work nights so that makes me tired and makes my feet and legs swell up and it is also the kids summer hols here, so they are off school for 6 weeks (3 more to go until they are back), so I feel as though I should be taking them out and about, which also makes me tired.

But other than that I am well. Baby is very active. Getting some tightenings, but not painful, just uncomfortable. Still have a large appetite, which I don't remember having with my previous 2 pregnancies, and I have put 5lb more in weight than at this stage with the others.

Hope baby turns for you Lola. I have no clue what position my baby is in yet, I think it is ever moving, I feel the kicks in all different areas.

Freya
August 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're tired and achy, nicnee, I hope it doesn't get too bad for you too quickly! I've been getting a bit achy of late, but I think it's due to lack of sleep. At least, that's what I hope, because that I can remedy at least. FX we don't do so badly in the final trimester, eh?

Yes, it's quite exciting to see how they move. She should turn over the next few weeks if at least temporary, if she can do it at all. My first one never could, just kept on stopping half-way. We'll see.

nicnee1976
October 3rd, 2011, 06:10 AM
Just checking in to update. I am now almost 31 weeks, saw m/w last week. Baby was measuring a bit small on bump measurement, but is now OK. Still on small side, but OK on growth chart. Baby head down, long lie. I am on iron tabs for low Hb, but it is borderline, so I am not too worried. Baby heartbeat was 150bpm.
Otherwise I am well. Just started doing some pre-natal yoga, which seems to be helping my sore hips and pelvis. I feel like I am carrying high, so my pains in my pelvis are not as bad as with DS2 and DS3. But I am short of breath. We are having an out of season heat wave in the UK, so the 26 degree C heat is not suiting me at all!! Feet and legs are swelling a bit in the heat.
Only 9 weeks to go I can't believe it. Trying to be ready for Xmas early, so busy with that at the minute and only 3 weeks left at work!!
Hope everyone else is well.

LolaInLove
October 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hi girls! Just wanted to drop in and say hello and see how you all are doing! I can't wait to read if you have a boy or girl, Nicnee. Prenatal yoga totally saved me with the pelvic/hip pain, and my back also. I get super huge and my back starts hurting early on.

Freya, I would HIGHLY recommend a vbac if your baby turns, it is a wonderful experience to give birth vaginally, especially after having a c-section the first time around. Check out this site: http://spinningbabies.com/ My first was sunny side up, which is why I had a section, and the second was looking that way also until my doula turned me onto these natural positioning techniques to help her turn around right. I don't know much about the breech turning, but check it out. Hope it helps!

XXOO

nicnee1976
October 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Just a brief update, saw m/w again today. Baby still head down, long lie, FH 147-159 bpm. Bump still measuring slightly small, but still OK on growth charts. So all is well so far. I am OK, last week of work this week. I have backache, pain in my left hip if I sit too long and I am a bit tired, but not too bad. Only 7 weeks to go now. We are just trying to get everything ready and also trying to do all my Xmas shopping early too!!

Freya
November 9th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hi nicnee and Lola!

Nice to hear everything's well with you, nicnee, sorry about the back pain. I hope it doesn't get worse for you, I had really bad back pain my last pregnancy and it was so distracting. This time around I've done back exercises every second day and it's actually really helped (Dromedary Droop and Forward Bend from this page: http://www.topendsports.com/fitness/pregnancy.htm. Not sure it works for everyone, but could be worth a try).

I'm off work now thank goodness, it's been really hard for me the last month and a half since I work in a lab and have to do a fair bit of heavy lifting and dealing with horrid smells, and I've been so tired I've just slept all the time I haven't been at work, basically. I've also been down about my constant breech, but had a successful ECV today and can't believe it! My first wouldn't budge when they tried so I didn't have high hopes at all, especially since this one's been stuck for quite some time. So, if everything goes according to plan, I'm in for a VBAC :cheer: ! It's totally bizarre now that she turned, though, it's like all the limbs are in the wrong place! I hope she enjoys exploring her new spot :) .

I'm like you nicnee, trying to get everything done for Xmas as soon as possible. I have some hip issues, too, so I'm afraid that if I wait too long I won't be able to get out of the flat ;) ! Good luck with your shopping :) .

Hope everything is well with you, Lola, and thanks for the turning tips! I tried some turning positions a few weeks ago, but baby wouldn't budge at all. The ECV was really difficult as well, so I really think there is no way she would have gotten round on her own. But now that she's head down, I think there is no way for her to turn back up, which is quite positive :) !

ELP
November 9th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Hiya Freya!! You've got days to go!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you, I'll be checking daily for updates now, so excited for you xxxxx

nicnee1976
November 9th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Well all is good to go for me for my home birth, so long as I make it to 37 weeks. Have had my home birth supplies delivered today. My Hb is still on the low side, but above the cut off for home births. Baby remains head down, keeps pushing it's head onto my bladder making me want to pee!!

My aches and pains are a bit better. If baby sits low, walking is tough, if it sits high I get rib pain. Last time I was examined, midwife said babe was 3/5 engaged, but I don't think it is staying put.

Lots of braxtons, but not painful. I'm very tired at the minute and feet are swelling up by the end of the day.

Xmas shopping almost done, just a couple of bits needed for baby now. Can't believe it is getting so close!!

Good luck with the VBAC Freya. Hope all goes well for you.

Freya
November 19th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Sounds good, nicnee! I sure recognise the pain while walking, peeing all the time and occasional rib pain since the turning, so hopefully mine has remained in position too. Are you home now or still working? I had braxtons before, but none now that I'm just pottering about the home every day and can nap whenever I want. And good luck to you too, could be any day soon, right? Are you usually quite early or does it vary?

Thank you ELP, and I'm so excited for you too, hope you have a great continued pregnancy! I'll update when anything happens, not much goes on for me now now except walking around feeling like a whale. This baby is already larger than my first and seems to just grow and grow and take all my energy while doing so! Midwife checkup on Monday, so we'll see how things are then :) .

Freya
November 23rd, 2011, 01:46 AM
Quick update: baby's head down, fixed and ready to go. So now it's just to wait :) !

DoulaMama
November 23rd, 2011, 01:59 AM
Crashing to say~Nicnee, I hope you have a beautiful homebirth! Lots of peaceful birthing vibes to you, Mama! :HH:
I've had 2 homebirths and they were amazing!! I'm planning my third HB:) There's nothing like climbing into your own bed after having your baby:bigsmile:
Much love~~~ xo

DoulaMama
November 23rd, 2011, 02:05 AM
Freya~ I just looked at an older post above...Good luck with your VBAC!!!! I'm a doula and have been to quite a few VBACs:) You can do it, Mama!!! Xoxoxo Good luck to you and peaceful birthing vibes to you too! ~~~~

Sunset
November 23rd, 2011, 04:44 AM
Good luck ladies!! :)

nicnee1976
November 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Freya, just checking in to see if baby arrived yet?? Mine is now 2/5 engaged, but hasn't been fixed up to now. That said it feels lower. Lots of BH's, getting stronger and longer. Am 39 weeks now and just starting to struggle with walking. I don't feel as though this one will be early though.
Just about ready for Xmas too, got everything for baby and home birth. Just a waiting game now. Good luck to you. xx

nicnee1976
December 2nd, 2011, 06:18 AM
Just a quick update, was up half the night with strong Braxtons, they continued this morning every 15 mins. I didn't feel as though they were real contractions though. Still we thought things may start, but later on everything stopped. Still getting regular Braxtons, but I feel it was false labour this morning. I had false labour for 10 days with my last 2 boys!! But nonetheless, hopefully I can bring some good news soon!!!

Sunset
December 2nd, 2011, 07:51 AM
Good luck! hopefully it will happen soon :)

nicnee1976
December 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Hadn't had chance to update. After my last post, I did indeed go into labour. It all started about 15:35, when I suddenly started to get strong contractions, we were running around like lunatics trying to get my older 3 sorted (2 had just come in from school), get the TENS machine on, get the room ready for my home birth, ring the midwife, sort out child care!!!!
During this time the contractions went from 15 mins to 7, to 5, to 3, to 2 to continuous in the space of about half an hour. Midwife was half hour away when I rang her.
At 16:20 I needed to push, but since the midwife was not there I was trying my best to hold off. I managed to get to my bed as my waters broke, which were green with meconium. We panicked at this point and DH called an ambulance. He was basically then talked through how to deliver his baby by a switchboard guy as there was no midwife, nor paramedics and baby was crowning.
DH delivered our 1st daughter, Katie Erin at 16:32, after a labour that lasted under an hour. She was very blue when she was born, but soon cried. Midwife arrived 5 mins later followed by 3 paramedics. We were all fine, if a little shell shocked. She weighed 8lb 14oz. We still can't believe we have our daughter at last.
It was a truly intense and scary experience, but we have gotten over the shock now and are settling in. The boys love their sister, DH has gotten over his experience of midwifery too!!
Will post a pic soon, but am having problems with my computer at the mo.

ELP
December 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
What an amazing birth story nicnee!!! Massive congratulations on your gorgeous little girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunset
December 11th, 2011, 05:32 PM
aww congratulations on your baby daughter! what an amazing birth story!! happy to hear you're all doing well and enjoying your new baby :)

Freya
December 12th, 2011, 08:44 AM
OMG, congratulations Nicnee, I'm so happy you got your girl!!! Scary with such fast labour, and I'm so happy for you that everything went well :flowerz: !

Our baby arrived on November 25, sorry about the late update, you know how things get sometimes :bfinfant: . Honestly, she never stops eating! Anyway, we had a pretty fast delivery too, nothing like yours of course, spent about five and a half hours in the delivery room and I thought THAT was bad, took me a little by surprise since I thought I would have a 20-hour marathon, first time and all ;) .

Wishing you and your family a lovely time with the new baby :) . BTW, I can't believe it, we have a Katie (Catherine) too ;) .

LolaInLove
December 12th, 2011, 01:21 PM
CONGRATS, Nicnee and Freya!!!!! XOXOXOXOXO

nicnee1976
December 14th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Wow Freya, congrats on your little girl too. I figured you must have had her, but not had time to log on. I don't get much time to come on here either, but try to spend 10 mins every so often!!

Katie isn't sleeping in her moses basket at night at the moment, but happily sleeps there in the day????? So I am a bit sleep deprived too at the minute, but feel more human this week than last week.

Take care.