PDA

View Full Version : I don't like this. :-(

Lilac♥
March 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM
So I don't know if you know my story. But a few years ago when we had 3 girls I had found IG and decided to start swaying for a boy in July 2007, I ended up having 2 miscarriages in a row then months of trying without any luck. Meanwhile my SIL S got pregnant with twin boys (she really wanted girls), as well as my sister with a boy. And I ended up giving up on swaying and having a 4th girl 8 months after them. Then my DD4's 1st Birthday rolls around in January 2010, and we decide to try again with boy swaying and didn't get pregnant that month, then other things going on at the time delayed us trying again until July 2010. And we tried and didn't get pregnant with swaying for 2 months then we did get pregnant in September and miscarried. I was ready to take another TTC break, but my husband convinced me to try one more month without swaying. Then bam of course we are pregnant with a 5th girl. Meanwhile my SIL C (you guessed it) gets pregnant with twin boys (due in the next 5 weeks) she just decided to find out the genders. And I have another SIL A who is having a boy within a week of me, her 3rd, and she wanted a girl. Here I am praying and swaying and pleading desperately for a boy, and all of my SILs and my sister are the ones that keep having them (sometimes in pairs)! I really feel like I just need to be done with my 5 girls, but my heart aches and I have this hole where my missing boy should be.

ELP
March 25th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Oh my:( What a frustrating situation. The only personal advice I can give is that a big family is amazing:) There may well be 5 boys in a row on the horizon:) Do you think you will have just 1 last go??

skrimpy
March 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM
no advice sweetie, just ((hugs)) One thing that does comfort me is seeing how much joy each of my children brings, even with how exhausting it is to mother a big family. And I know that this new little baby will bring her own joy - and so will your little lady.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 05:35 PM
It is like rubbing salt to a wound, isn't it *big hugs* I have one less girl than you and know the feeling all too well xxx

Yuzu
March 26th, 2011, 12:53 AM
((hugs)). GD sucks so bad, doesn't it? You don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Dreamingforaboy
March 29th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Hugs to you sweetie, I relate in some many ways to your story...I too have been gender swaying for a boy and I only discovered IG after my 3rd girl (she was a Shettles Opposite!) - when i found out about swaying i read about it for 3 months and prepared before I started taking supplements and making the relevant changes to our lives. Throughout the whole time I either would not fall pregnant or I would and have what is known as a chemical pregnancy, in fact you can read my posts in the gender swaying forums when I fell pregnant and then it all ended. People around me have all been having their desired gender, I want to be happy for them and in many ways I am but that feeling of envy eats me up inside. It hurts when you really want to be content with what you have but at the same time you are not fulfilled. I have a gut feeling if we stopped swaying I would fall pregnant no problem and it would be a..... girl!! So what to do?? After our last failed attempt we have now started to consider HT... sadly this is an expensive route and not therefore an option to everyone. Best wishes to you xx

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
April 1st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Can you try just 1 HT cycle? Is there any way you can make a budget or just give it a try? There is no guarantee but if you did get pregnant you would be guaranteed a boy.

Good luck to you.

Hobbermittens
April 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
That sounds like a hard situation... I would normally say try to avoid people who have your DG if it hurts to be around them, but you can't exactly avoid family. It seems so unfair that your family keeps producing the opposite of what they want (sounds like the boy moms want girls as much as you want boys).

I wish I had advice other than asking if you could try for some sort of high tech procedure in the future to guarantee a boy. If not, are you willing to try the swaying thing again?

Lilac♥
April 10th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I have no idea if high tech would be an option in like 5 years, but right now it is not. We are short selling our house and my husband is going to switch to a lesser paying job so he can go college this fall. Once he is done with his schooling and has a job with his degree, then high tech might become an option. But I don't know that after 5 years I'll want to start all over again with babies. When I'm having a good non-GD day I'm excited about being done after this one and think I can withstand those pains of emptiness where a boy will never be.

Flava
April 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM
:hugs: same for me my SIL got 2 boys :sigh:

PlanB
April 14th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I know what it's like to have everyone around get what you want. It twists your insides around. It hurts.

I hope you find happiness.

Carnelian
May 21st, 2011, 04:42 AM
I desperately WANT a girl and have two boys! Arghh it's so frustrating isn't it? I mean we all love our kids but it just seems so unfair sometimes. Hugs to you.

babyblue
June 29th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Nothing but time will lessen the hurt. Look at your babies and know how lucky you really are. My heart goes out to you even though I am in the same boat TTC a boy.

gizmo77
June 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
it does hurt. i can understand and i may be in the same boat. a lot of us may be. the only thing that helps ME is counting all the things i DID get in life. a great husb, 2 beautiful healthy girls, a warm house, no major health worries. etc. it sounds bad, but it helps to look at ppl who are less fortunate than you. for ex ppl who have been trying for YEARS just to have ONE baby, or my SIL who decided she wanted a 2nd baby but her DH got snipped and wont go back, etc.
and i also think God gives you what you can handle for a purpose. even if you dont believe in God, you can think FATE gave you what you can handle. what if you got pg with a boy with a developmental delay/medical condition. to me id rather have 10 girls than 9 girls and a boy that would need medical help all his life and wouldnt be able to live a "typical" life.

its all in perspective, i guess.
i hear ya tho!
:-)