PDA

View Full Version : Please help with vitex and Saw Palmetto Questions

Emmy2012
March 25th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I have 28 days cycles, I usually ovulate every cycle on cd14. I had one fail sway already so I am really going hard core with this one. I have been taking vitex 500mg for only two days now. I have read it really sways girl but i do not want to mess up my cycle as I am trying in mid-May for an abstain 14 day and O+12 (my fail was a freq bd through O). I also want to take saw palmetto to lower my testg. I have 4 boys so I really want this to work. Can I take both? Is Saw better then vitex and will not mess up my cycle? what do you ladies think? Thanks for any help!!! Tiffany

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I normally answer q's every day but yesterday was very hectic for me.

Here is my essay on Vitex if you haven't read it yet. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1094-Vitex!-FAQ-and-share-your-experiences-here!!!&highlight=vitex

I do think Vitex sways pink but it is NOT a magic bullet (I conceived a boy on it). It can mess up your cycle, but a change in a cycle can mean a change in your hormones and that is often a good indication that your body is in a different place than it was before.

Everything I have read says thattaking vitex and saw palmetto together is safe and many people have done it. But saw palmetto has also messed with people's cycles. All these hormonal supps carry with them the risk that they will alter your ovulation in some way. If you use OPKs and get very familiar with your TPFS http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1642-Tracking-the-three-primary-fertility-signs-(BBT-cervical-position-and-CM) you can easily override any difficulty if your cycle changes in length and the TPFS are a must for O+12 timing.

Emmy2012
March 27th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you so much! I think I am gonna try both next month in my trial month and see what it does. I am on vitex now but I will add the saw palmetto after af next week.

Coccinelle33
March 27th, 2011, 11:50 PM
i pm'd you about this on ff :)