PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever be able to conceive a boy?? (feeling down and need practical answers)

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 08:51 PM
After reading practically everything on IG and a lot over here, I feel as if I will never have my son.

I am always a little overweight due to PCOS and am constantly dieting. I also take Metformin to regulate my periods and get me to ovulate. Apparently the Metformin is swaying me pink. I do not know what else I can take to get me to ovulate because Clomid scares me. Obviously I am not there yet as DD#3 is due in July. I plan to try again when the baby is about 15 months old or so. I plan to follow the boy diet to the best of my ability and time O and chart obsessively etc. I also plan to safely lose a lot of weight after DD#3 arrives so I can be at a weight where maybe I can ovulate naturally. I think I can make my body as boy friendly as possible because I will work on my Ph levels, time conception in the winter time and will stop doing cardio. Time will tell.

I am most afraid that DH and his issues are working against us as well. He was diagnosed with early onset diabetes in May of 2010 and radically changed his diet. He eats a very girl friendly diet, is under a lot of stress at work, and smokes cigarettes occasionally. He is very thin right now, has zero muscle mass and walks occasionally to exercise. He is 6'4" and is afraid to work out too much because he is starving when he does and has to strictly moderate his eating habits. He is also a caffeine guzzler, diet coke, coffee, etc. However, he also has male pattern baldness which means high testosterone? I am so confused!! I plan to test his Ph when the time comes as well. I also think his lifelong crazy glucose levels (unknown to us until May) for sure contributed to our daughters along with my Metformin use. He also used to be a drinker and pot smoker before his diagnosis, but cut that out after he found out. He cannot eat a Potassium rich diet, and does not like red meat. I feel we can't win!!

I know I am asking way in advance but I am the type to take knowledge and put it to use NOW.
Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hi there,

I have asked myself this a thousand times *hugs*

As for your DH, I would not worry too much as it is showing that it is more important for the female to do the hard yards!!

What about soy isoflavones they help ovulation don't they?

nuthinbutpink
March 25th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Well, I thinik if you are going to sway, if you have obvious things that you can change about yourself, the easier it might be to make your body do something different.

If you are overweight and have been and it messes with your fertility, make it priority #1 to lose the weight first and get yourself healthy. That alone may make a big difference. What about getting your DH a trainer? Is that possible? Any weight bearing exercise that increases muscle mass would be good for your sway AND will actually help him burn calories more efficiently.

You are the incubator. Fertilization takes place within you. So, yes, your DH contributes to the sex- determines it yes but men make sperm 50/50 so what happens when you get it is what you can attempt to change. Getting to a healthy weight through diet and exercise has to be what you change. If you do that by using weight bearing exercises, that will only help with your attempt.

Good luck and I hope we can provide support here for you.

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I always lose weight before conceiving through diet and cardio. I lost 23 lbs before conceiving this little peanut!!! I know that for next time I will have the weight already LOST when I start my sway and will try to do more weight training. My friends always laugh at me that I am losing weight to gain the weight to do it all over again. I think my main challenges will be eating for a boy and ovulating naturally. I am making DH read AS's article on raising sperm count to sway blue. Thanks for all the input thus far!

nuthinbutpink
March 25th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Well, crash dieting right before TTC is the blueprint for TTC Pink! That may have something to do with the 3 girls. Looking back, I was at my smallest right before conceiving each girl.

I think if you gradually lose the weight, add in some weight training and healthy boy-friendly options, it would really help you out with swaying.

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM
After reading practically everything on IG and a lot over here, I feel as if I will never have my son.

I am always a little overweight due to PCOS and am constantly dieting. I also take Metformin to regulate my periods and get me to ovulate. Apparently the Metformin is swaying me pink. I do not know what else I can take to get me to ovulate because Clomid scares me. Obviously I am not there yet as DD#3 is due in July. I plan to try again when the baby is about 15 months old or so. I plan to follow the boy diet to the best of my ability and time O and chart obsessively etc. I also plan to safely lose a lot of weight after DD#3 arrives so I can be at a weight where maybe I can ovulate naturally. I think I can make my body as boy friendly as possible because I will work on my Ph levels, time conception in the winter time and will stop doing cardio. Time will tell.

I am most afraid that DH and his issues are working against us as well. He was diagnosed with early onset diabetes in May of 2010 and radically changed his diet. He eats a very girl friendly diet, is under a lot of stress at work, and smokes cigarettes occasionally. He is very thin right now, has zero muscle mass and walks occasionally to exercise. He is 6'4" and is afraid to work out too much because he is starving when he does and has to strictly moderate his eating habits. He is also a caffeine guzzler, diet coke, coffee, etc. However, he also has male pattern baldness which means high testosterone? I am so confused!! I plan to test his Ph when the time comes as well. I also think his lifelong crazy glucose levels (unknown to us until May) for sure contributed to our daughters along with my Metformin use. He also used to be a drinker and pot smoker before his diagnosis, but cut that out after he found out. He cannot eat a Potassium rich diet, and does not like red meat. I feel we can't win!!

I know I am asking way in advance but I am the type to take knowledge and put it to use NOW.

You CAN do it! I have to go on a diaper run in a minute but I just wanted to let you know I will be back to answer all your q's either today or tomorrow (sorry i am dealing with rampaging baby diarrhea this morning!)

I think the #1 factor for you will be getting that weight off well in advance so you will be ovulating on your own without needing the Metformin, and also the weight training. If you enjoy reading books, you may want to find the book Fertility Foods http://www.amazon.com/Fertility-Foods-Optimize-Ovulation-Conception/dp/0743272811 because it is ALL about getting PCOS under control by diet and exercise and may be a very great help to you.

skrimpy
March 26th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I agree - I am also pg with pink right now and I am planning on getting my baby weight off ASAP as soon as I get the all clear at my pp visit. Going to start a routine that was working well for me when I "oops" conceived this little one :p - I am hoping that I will get the weight off and get to where I am building some muscle mass up (which boosts testosterone) and not losing weight anymore.

The plan is that this will be done before my cycles resume - we nurse on demand and I am going to encourage this LO to nurse a LOT b/c I want my cycles to wait on me to be ready to get a strong blue sway in.

Also, I am not sure how your DH is eating, but studies show that a low-carb/low-sugar diet favor high testosterone in men. My DH eats a very high protein, low carb diet and his testosterone levels are very high :) I will do some boy foods and things with him b/c I am the cook in the family - but for the most part like TTC5 said, it's best to focus on you and not worry so much about DH. Ask him to cooperate on timing BD mainly, and supps if you can get him to do them.

Like you I feel anxious about the sway already, even though our newest LO's haven't even arrived. Peace of mind and good luck to you - this community of gals is an awesome support and I hope you will get good info and feel at home here!

TulleExplosion
March 27th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Well, crash dieting right before TTC is the blueprint for TTC Pink! That may have something to do with the 3 girls. Looking back, I was at my smallest right before conceiving each girl.

I didnt crash diet, I was on weight watchers and it took me a year to lose the 23 lbs. Does that make a difference? Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me. Today I was at a friends house and there were a lot of babies there, a lot born this year, all of them boys except for one. One of the dads asked me if I am having a boy like everyone else did, it was very hard on me. I just answered I didnt know what I was having yet.

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Big hugs! My sister is due any day now and if it's a boy I'm going to be sooo jealous..

ELP
March 27th, 2011, 02:54 AM
I only have some basic suggestions but, acv is meant to help with pcos and alkalizes so remember to get some of that in. Will dh eat nuts? You may just need to leave a bowl of nuts near him at all times to get his protein that way:) You will get your boy, I'm sure of it!

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I only have some basic suggestions but, acv is meant to help with pcos and alkalizes so remember to get some of that in. Will dh eat nuts? You may just need to leave a bowl of nuts near him at all times to get his protein that way:) You will get your boy, I'm sure of it!

I have started this with my DH this week, he is having a cup of nuts in total a day.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM

I think it's GREAT that you are planning so far in advance! You may be surprised to know that many women with PCOS are on swaying boards desperately trying to get a daughter because their testosterone levels are high and they have many sons, so I believe 100% you can conceive a boy once you get the blood sugar issues under control. I am going to write an essay specifically for people with PCOS but for now you might find this helpful. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1865-Swaying-under-special-circumstances-Part-1-Blood-sugar-issues&highlight=blood+sugar+issues

The Metformin is the "enemy" right now. I think your plan of getting your body to where you can ovulate naturally is the best one. I don't think you need to give up cardio and in fact that may be the wrong way to go for you. Moderate cardio sways blue and it will help with your weight loss and controlling your blood sugar. I know that on IG they say cardio sways pink and weights sway blue, but they are wrong. Moderate exercise while eating protein sways blue and intense exercise while not eating protein and losing weight, sways pink. Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1411-The-Exercise-Enigma-both-genders if you haven't already. That info originally came from me back when I was on IG, and I tried and tried to explain it to them but it fell on deaf ears (I think they like to keep it very simple there.)

I do hope you'll take a gander at that book I mentioned in my previous post, it is really very easy to understand and helpful.

In terms of conceiving in the winter, that may be something you want to look into more because there are some studies that indicate late summer/early fall is the best time to conceive blue. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying&highlight=seasons+swaying This is controversial because it's not the same advice as given on other websites, so you need to decide for yourself what makes the most sense.

Your husband did probably contribute to you having all girls, but the good news is now that things are under control and you are aware of the problem and he has his diet under control, he will probably produce more and higher quality sperm count. Tall guys have more sons, regardless of their weight, because even thin tall men have more muscle mass than shorter men do. My husband was a stick figure when we conceived DS 1! He should try and cut back on the caffeine for his overall health because caffeine can affect blood sugar in negative ways. And OF COURSE he should quit smoking all together.

Baldness has been discussed time and again on swaying boards and no pattern has ever seemed to emerge. Some bald guys have lots of girls and others have lots of sons and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Wow my DH is very tall! I am very short, lol.

TulleExplosion
March 27th, 2011, 08:35 PM
TTC5, should make us wonder why we are the exceptions to the rule!!! (yes, I know why mine are girls, but still)

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I say!

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
TTC5, should make us wonder why we are the exceptions to the rule!!! (yes, I know why mine are girls, but still)

These variations we talk about are only a very few percentage points of difference. They are helpful because they give us hints about what biologically is really happening but there are MANY exceptions. It's not the external stuff that is really swaying, it's what happens inside our bodies, but the external things give us clues to the internal factors.

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Here's a link to a study about this...unfortunately abstract only. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WMD-4FV366C-5&_user=10&_coverDate=08%2F21%2F2005&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=gateway&_origin=gateway&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1696800657&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=b9a5b31ceffae0ef4b977c8de566f29b&searchtype=a