PDA

View Full Version : Happy boy sway - update it's a girl

prayforaboy
November 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Name: Prayforaboy

Update - it's a GIRL

This was our 3 TTC, first month I didn't know that I ovulate late in the cycle so by the time I got +ve OPK , DH abstinence was 7 days so we didn't try, last month L-Arg messed up my ovulation so by the time I got +ve OPK ( only once) the fertile window was gone, we tried but BFN. I was following much better HE diet these two months . This month I was more casual with the diet, dropped L-Arg and added folic acid. I was just happy and relaxed this month.The Ovulation was as expected and today I got my BFP :))

Swaying attempt - Natural

CM pH - don't know, I did not do BSF or BSD ( did them last month and had BFN, so I went natural)

Baking soda Drink - Yes the day before O and day of O ( only one teaspoon BS)

Did you use Pre-seed - Yes we used lot of pre-seed lube ( we had bought it already so why not use it)

Egg whites used/type/pH No

Big O - yes both attempts.

MINERALS

Calcium Avoided as much as possible
Magnesium Avoided as much as possible
Potassium - banana, banana and banana
Sodium Sea salt on EVERYTHING

DIET
Dietary Changes Ate Bananas every day, salted everything I ate, Drank green tea 2 everyday, made sure that I have protein in every meal ( I am veg so lot of tofu and Luna bars), had breakfast every morning, try to avoid all dairy and eggs. I was drinking V8, lots of water, tomato juice.

Did you continue diet after attempt/ how long? No.

DH caffeine consumption before BD day Yes. Just the morning tea

DH caffeine 1/2 hour or an hour before BD No.

SUPPLEMENTS
Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) No
Robitussin/Guafanesin tablets No
Alka Seltzer Gold No
Green Tea - 2 daily
Fertile-CM No
False Unicorn No
E No
Fish Oil No
Folic Acid 1000mg
Flaxseed Oil No
Alfalfa No

TIMING
Length of DH abstinence - 2 days ( first attempt) and 12 hrs ( second attempt)
BD on O - Yes
How close to O Day - I think O-1 day and O day
BD how often - twice
Charting O with Temp - No
Charting O with OPK Yes
suspected O date CD16 Monday 12 November 2012

IONS
Kept cell phone around me all the time, work on computer all day.

OTHER
How many kids do you have? 1
What gender(s)? girl
# of months TTC 3
Your Age 32
BD position - Deep missionary, I propped my hip up for 15 mins both attempt.
EWCM present/how much? yes a lot , thanks to green tea
DH undies type - Boxer
Did you use instead cups/how long? No
DH cold bath/ shower - No
OWT - anything under bed? No but kept picture of hubby as a baby in front of my bed.

COMMENTS - I would not call my attempt a hardcore but I am happy with it. I did have confusion about the O timing but I think we were fine. Last month we did redbull before BD but this month we forgot. I was paying much more attention to my body for O signs and on Sunday ( Nov 11) I was feeling some tingling in breast, O pain and stuff, at night I did OPK but negative, still we went ahead and BD, then Monday morning I had positive OPK and we BD again... I got +ve OPK till Tuesday evening but we did not BD again to avoid O+12 zone. I would be happy with a healthy baby but really happy with a healthy baby BOY. This is our last so .... it would be awesome to have a son.

My sway failed, may be I am meant to have girls... I am happy that the baby is healthy. I am already getting excited for my new baby girl. Thanks for evrybody's help and encouragement.

dloui128
November 26th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Congratulations on your BFP, your sway sounds good :)

prayforaboy
November 26th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks Dloui......

Cinss
November 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
What a great sway! Cant wait to see if you have a little blue bean cooking :) Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months.

prayforaboy
November 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
What a great sway! Cant wait to see if you have a little blue bean cooking :) Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months.

Thanks Cinss - when do you find out the gender of the baby? I am praying for your boy.

Cinss
November 26th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks Cinss - when do you find out the gender of the baby? I am praying for your boy.

4th of Dec :nails:

luvalittleman
November 29th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Good Luck Prayforaboy! Your sway looks great.

Pearl327
November 29th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Congratulations prayforaboy. I hope you get your little boy

prayforaboy
November 29th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks Luvalitleman and Pearl..... good luck to you too!

The Anchor
November 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Great sway. Do you avoid dairy and eggs because your veg? Or was that one of your sway factors?

And CONGRATS, I'll be stalking you!

prayforaboy
November 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Great sway. Do you avoid dairy and eggs because your veg? Or was that one of your sway factors?

And CONGRATS, I'll be stalking you!

I avoided because I understood that they have acidic affect on the body. I was following an alkaline diet. I did not know about the custom diet plans I could have gotten here... so just did whatever made me more alkaline.

auroara78
November 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
beautiful sway!!! well done and I think you'll be seeing a cute little blue bundle :)

Hobbermittens
November 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Good luck with your sway!

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Good luck!!!

prayforaboy
February 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I am 14w4d now and getting extreme anxiety over baby's gender. I know that it is pretty stupid because I would love this baby no matter what but I really really want a boy….. and this is making me very restless. Is it common? How do you deal with this anxiety ? What steps can I take to make GD small if it is lovely daughter?

Thanks for the help.

Hobbermittens
February 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I had a lot of anxiety over the gender of my sway baby too. I swayed boy and was convinced we were having a girl (gut feeling). We chose not to find out gender until the birth and it was a boy! So even if you are anxious, you could very well be having a boy. I know for me not finding out until birth would have helped if my baby had been a girl, because I had pretty bad GD with DD2 after my gender ultrasound at 20 weeks, and the last half of that pregnancy sucked. I guess if you think you might have GD if you are carrying a girl, maybe waiting until birth would help.

Pearl327
February 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I am stressing out about gender too. Even though I know that is not good for the baby. I will be finding out in 13 days and I just think the not knowing is killing me. At the moment I am pretty sure I am having a girl.
My SIL had a baby girl on new years day and she is so cute that she is helping me with GD as when I am holding her I think that another girl would be perfect too. Also i started feeling movement 2-3 weeks ago and that is helping me bond with my baby regardless of gender.

prayforaboy
February 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks Hobbermitten and Pearl. I don't think that we can wait till the birth for gender..... just don't have the patience to do it. It's a good idea though.
I am trying to guess as per heartbeat ( 155 at 14w3d) and it points to girl, Chinese calendar also says girl... so I think it is a girl. I am also trying to convince myself that a girl would be okay. It’s just I don't like myself for being restless on something I don't have much control over. But I have to keep it all together and send good vibes to the baby.
Good luck Pearl… only 13 days to go…….. wow that is some emotional time. Good luck. I really hope that you get your baby boy.

Huds
February 8th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Thanks Hobbermitten and Pearl. I don't think that we can wait till the birth for gender..... just don't have the patience to do it. It's a good idea though.
I am trying to guess as per heartbeat ( 155 at 14w3d) and it points to girl, Chinese calendar also says girl... so I think it is a girl. I am also trying to convince myself that a girl would be okay. It’s just I don't like myself for being restless on something I don't have much control over. But I have to keep it all together and send good vibes to the baby.
Good luck Pearl… only 13 days to go…….. wow that is some emotional time. Good luck. I really hope that you get your baby boy.

I wouldn't go by the heartbeat.. Both my girls had heartbeat around the 140mark. With my first daughter we didn't find out the gender. When I was in labour the midwife said ohh sound like there's a little boy in there-but turned out to be my gorgeous little girl. Don't stress too much on the heartbeat.. Hope u have a little boy in there!!! Hehe

prayforaboy
February 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks Huds! I remember with my DD the heartbeat was always in 160 -170 s... but can't remember the week.....lol
Actually I am thinking very seriously about Hobbermittens suggestion of not finding out till birth because I know that if it is a DD.....i will have GD and i don't want to send sad feelings to my daughter. I will keep you guys posted.

luvalittleman
February 9th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Prayforaboy, I really hope you have a little boy and I understand your strong desire for one.
Babies heart rate is a myth and has been proven inaccurate. The only difference is very slight and closer to birth.
I have hoped to hear boy prior to all three of my beautiful daughters births but, in all honesty, once they are out I can't remember ever feeling a moments disappointment . I think you separate the desire for a certain sex with the baby you hold in your arms, at least I always have.
I had GD at my 20 weeks scan with DD3. By the time I had her, I was so over it and looking forward to meeting her.

prayforaboy
February 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Thank you luvalittleman..... Tonight I had a dream that I have four daughters... :) and they were all so beautiful. but it is not possible because this one is going to be our last and I am sure that there is only one baby in there.

luvalittleman
February 12th, 2013, 02:37 AM
We never discussed No.3 - she was a surprise. I talked DH into No.4.
At 28, I wasn't interested in having children...life is strange.

prayforaboy
February 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
:)

Sonia2003
February 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Hi pray for a boy!

Dont rely on heartbeat at all. My cousin's baby had a HB of 156, and she just gave birth to a boy!!

prayforaboy
March 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I got my big ultrasound scheduled.... on MARCH 19........ 11 days to go.... i am soooo nervous.... wanted to update you ladies.

Pearl327
March 8th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Oooh prayforaboy I will be stalking you on the 19th to hear the news. The very best of luck to you. I really hope that you hear boy.

afy
March 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Pray for a boy I will be stalking you really, really hope you get your desired Gender and most of all healthy bubba. Cant wait to hear from you!

prayforaboy
March 8th, 2013, 03:23 PM
thank you so much pearl and afy....... I will keep you guys posted.... :nails:

Huds
March 9th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Wow how exciting!!! Not long left to go.. Hope u get ur little boy

Huds
March 19th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Good luck for today xx

Pearl327
March 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Any update yet prayforaboy. My fingers and toes are crossed for you

prayforaboy
March 19th, 2013, 03:09 PM
It's a Girl for us...

Hobbermittens
March 19th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Congrats on your daughter!

Huds
March 19th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Ahh congrat on ur baby girl. Both your girls will enjoy each others company. Both my girls arebest friends always doing things together xx

afy
March 19th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Congratulations prayforaboy!! That's wonderful news, Im one of 3 girls and its just the best!