PDA

View Full Version : TTC Girl sway by breast feeding?

aintnocinderella
March 26th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Hi all i had a thought the other day that my ex MIL had 4 children 3 boys and one girl. Her diet is very very boy friendly and the only girl she had she was still breast feeding DS1. I always assumed that it was as close to a diet as she had been and thats why she had a girl but i just read that another member concieved a girl while Breast feeding. What are your thoughts. anyone else know of the same???

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I do believe that breastfeeding can sway pink (I really need to make a post about this!!) but it has to be a part of a bigger sway and not the only thing.

We took a survey ages ago on another site and it was pretty close to 50-50 split, but there are biological reasons why breastfeeding might sway pink like drier CM (although some people see an increase in CM when breastfeeding, this is part of a "basic infertile pattern" and not truly fertile CM), lower blood sugar, and lower sex hormones. The downside is that you can't take all the supplements and stick as strictly to diet, but I believe the good outweighs the bad.

Let me write something up in the next couple days and I will post it as soon as I can!

skrimpy
March 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I have conceived 3 boys while breastfeeding, and my first son within just a cycle or two of my fertility returning. The other two were conceived after having many well-established cycles and good EWCM patterns, too. I was eating an extremely boy-friendly diet when I conceived them. I also conceived the baby I'm currently pg with now - a girl - while breastfeeding. The difference I believe is that I was eating a very low-carb diet and losing weight rapidly just before conception. Both of my girls have been products of either a poor diet or a rapid weight loss-inducing diet. I think personally the diet made a bigger difference for me than nursing (though first DD was my first child, so no breastfeeding at play there)

DoulaMama
March 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Same here.....conceived 2 boys while nursing. I had irregular cycles(about 45 days long) and ovulated on day 20 or so. I didn't have much EWCM if any at all but I checked my cervical position daily, know when I ovulate etc. Anyway, both of my breastfeeding conceptions are Shettles successes ;) I knew I was ovulating...and did the deed. So.....I'm still nursing my third little guy and I can't see stopping anytime soon. I really love nursing and don't want to stop to TTC so I will do some of the supplements(vitex, cal/mag, folic etc) and I'm really trying to lose weight as well...so maybe most of the diet.I'm just crossing my fingers that it works. Oh and I'm totally doing frequent release with 3 day cut off because it'll be the exact opposite of the last 2 times...LOL Hopefully that'll work.

purplepoet20
March 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I will also be swaying while breastfeeding... plus a list of other things. I am trying to make a plan that doesn't affect the milk as much.

aintnocinderella
March 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
i would agree with the diet thing, maybe it is less about the breastfeeding and more about for some people the new addition taking up so much time and therefore a change in diet coupled with the increase in calories need to BF resulting in a low calorie diet for some women and so its not the breastfeeding but the effect of it as far as how it changes your lifestyle. i wasnt breast feeding at all but if say some women change the food they eat because of BF like, meal times being difficult if the baby always wants to eat. not going to do shopping because of BF and so getting takeways (resulting in a boyfriendly diet) or eating more healthy or diff foods because of the health benefits for baby ???? interesting to say the least. i am worried because i have lost weight dramatically and cant really afford to loose more weight, i couldnt possibly eat less (its 2 in the afternoon and i have only had a low fat rhubarb youghurt and a few ****s of cheese all day) but not sure that my body will know because i have been doing it for a year now its now become the norm. x