PDA

View Full Version : When should we DTD???

wantason
March 26th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I have a uniform pattern all past months. Day1(not cd) - I get +ve OPK in the morning around 10:30 and it stays +ve for around 32-33 hrs i.e. next evening of Day2 and turns -ve at around 23:30 that night. But day3 my BBT is the lowest but my cervix is firm, low n closed. Sometimes I get spotting also in day3 morning which confirms that the ovulation took place in the night. My bbt still stays low may be becoz ovulation has taken place just 6-7 hrs. back.

My question is when should we DTD for boy.
Shall we DTD in the morning of DAY2 to give sperms time to capacitate and also get added benefit of max. sperm in the morning factor OR just bang on right during ovulation in the night.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think morning would be best if you can make that happen! But if it doesn't happen and you end up having to do it that night, that's great timing too! I love how predictable your cycle is!

wantason
March 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM
thanx atomic... ya i have a very predictable pattern. I was able to pin point my ovulation due to spotting, thanx to EPO. This month i didnt tk EPO so there was no spotting. But all other signs matched. you said morning for the reasons i mentioned above(capacitation n max. sperm) or some other reason?

TTC5
March 28th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I would love for a cycle like yours, specially on attempt!

nuthinbutpink
March 28th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Aren't testosterone levels highest in men in the morning, Atomic?

wantason
March 29th, 2011, 02:18 AM
i also think that testosterone and sperms are highest in the morning but then everyone says DTD as close to ovulation as you can. If we DTD in early morning(when kidooo is sleeping) it would be 13-14 hrs before ovulation. but if we do in the night then i am scared sperm's capacitation may take long hours and by the time it meets up with the egg its little late for the boy zone. but then i think next morning 6:30 am still my temp is the lowest so it wont be that late .. Atomic pls throw some light on the logic behind this...thanx in advance....

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 01:29 PM
thanx atomic... ya i have a very predictable pattern. I was able to pin point my ovulation due to spotting, thanx to EPO. This month i didnt tk EPO so there was no spotting. But all other signs matched. you said morning for the reasons i mentioned above(capacitation n max. sperm) or some other reason?

I think any time the day before O or day of O is great for a boy. The reason I say the morning is to make sure you will be in that time frame and not have any risk of hitting O+12.

Sperm count is a bit higher in the morning which may help and also because you can eat all day long and keep your blood sugar elevated.

(I don't think time of day is particularly important so for anyone reading this who is now panicking, it probably doesn't matter either way - it's just that since she had the option, DTD in the morning made the most sense. Sperm count is only slightly higher in the evening and it is also more motile in the evening, and eat a good dinner and bedtime snack and you won't need to worry about blood sugar anyway.)

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 01:32 PM
i also think that testosterone and sperms are highest in the morning but then everyone says DTD as close to ovulation as you can. If we DTD in early morning(when kidooo is sleeping) it would be 13-14 hrs before ovulation. but if we do in the night then i am scared sperm's capacitation may take long hours and by the time it meets up with the egg its little late for the boy zone. but then i think next morning 6:30 am still my temp is the lowest so it wont be that late .. Atomic pls throw some light on the logic behind this...thanx in advance....

I think people like to make swaying more complicated and stressful than it needs to be quite frankly and all the panic over having to DTD precisely at O (or 12 hours after for a girl) is just a part of that. There is no way that of the 3 billion men walking around on earth were all conceived as close to O as possible.

wantason
March 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I think any time the day before O or day of O is great for a boy. The reason I say the morning is to make sure you will be in that time frame and not have any risk of hitting O+12.

Sperm count is a bit higher in the morning which may help and also because you can eat all day long and keep your blood sugar elevated.

(I don't think time of day is particularly important so for anyone reading this who is now panicking, it probably doesn't matter either way - it's just that since she had the option, DTD in the morning made the most sense. Sperm count is only slightly higher in the evening and it is also more motile in the evening, and eat a good dinner and bedtime snack and you won't need to worry about blood sugar anyway.)

Thanx atomic. I got it . For me it makes more sense to DTD in the morning and then snacking all day. Do i need to lie down for just 30 mins after that or the more the better?? My friend told me to lie down on right side to conceive boy. She conceived a boy after 3 girls . and she said her DH did the diet bananas , pears n all.. she didnt do any diet. Does lying down on right side has some logic ?? All her sisters also conceived sons with the same theory.atleast they believe that .. Do you believe???

wantason
March 29th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I think people like to make swaying more complicated and stressful than it needs to be quite frankly and all the panic over having to DTD precisely at O (or 12 hours after for a girl) is just a part of that. There is no way that of the 3 billion men walking around on earth were all conceived as close to O as possible.

You are right.. but when it comes to swaying everyone wants to do just 100%.. nothing left.. this stress also sways blue... so gud for blue swayers. On a serious note yes I think blue swayers just need to be concerned about not hitting o+12..

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Thanx atomic. I got it . For me it makes more sense to DTD in the morning and then snacking all day. Do i need to lie down for just 30 mins after that or the more the better?? My friend told me to lie down on right side to conceive boy. She conceived a boy after 3 girls . and she said her DH did the diet bananas , pears n all.. she didnt do any diet. Does lying down on right side has some logic ?? All her sisters also conceived sons with the same theory.atleast they believe that .. Do you believe???

I have read that you really truly only need to lie down for 5 minutes if you are DTD around ovulation! But I would stick with the 30 minutes just to be safe.

Lying on the right side is an old wives tale left over from the Greeks. It probably has no basis to it, BUT hey, it can't hurt!