PDA

View Full Version : Rephresh and replens.... Can I use both during cycle?

Emery
March 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I'm new from IG; just joined today. Ovulation is next week and I'm ttc pink. My ph is generally bt a 5 and 6; dh's ph is bt 6 amd 8. I'm taking supplements, used soy to O, and opks to pinpoint O.

I would like to use rephresh every 3 days and use replens an hr before bd on O day. And perhaps rephresh as a lube or afterwards if needed. Everything I have read gave a choice of either or but not both.

Thoughts? I'd love to read posts about using both.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hi! Your DH's pH is perfect, can't get better than that!

The reason I am wary about mixing RepHresh and Replens is because RepHresh is a reactive gel designed to keep pH between 4 and 5 (the healthy pH of the vagina). So it raises low pH up and lowers high pH down of everything it touches for three days. I personally think this is GREAT because it will react with CM and semen to keep pH low. But the worry I have is that by mixing something low in pH like Acijel, Replens, Sylk, or lime douche with RepHresh, you may cause the RepHresh to react with the low pH and trigger an increase in pH that may rise higher than you would like it to for awhile.

I have not tested these things together to see if this is true or not; I plan to but they are expensive so I have been accumulating them one at a time LOL! Until I have seen with my own two eyes how they react together, I don't feel good about telling people to mix them.

Here is my essay on them. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1066-Complete-guide-to-Replens-and-RepHresh

Are you planning on using an antihistamine during ovulation? You might want to consider the idea. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?518-USING-ANTIHISTAMINES-TO-HELP-TTC-A-GIRL

Emery
March 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks Atomic! This is my last cycle ttc on my own before visiting the RE. I guess I don't need that Sylk or repleans. I'll just stick to the refresh!

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Even more so then, because the more stuff you use, the harder it can be to get pregnant. None of those things are sperm friendly (only the blue-friendly Pre-Seed is kind to sperm) and so if you're having trouble conceiving, the gels should be used with a light hand. Good luck!