PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else come on here daily because you can't talk to real life people about your pregnancy yet?

Violet_
November 27th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I can't or won't tell anyone, aside from DH about our pregnancy yet and so I'm on here chatting about things. Seems like my only real way to deal with all the sickness (sickness kicked in big time a couple of days ago). Oh dear I feel like this is going to be a long pregnancy.

cvd
November 27th, 2012, 03:45 AM
10 months is long isn't it! Lol!!
Everyone knows I'm pregnant but I chat on here so much because only 1 of my friends has a child too. And she only has 1 and thinks I'm crazy for having 2 so it's hard to even talk to her sometimes lol!! I'm a little younger (22 & DH 26), all our friends are still in the random bf/gf stages, going to the bars, none own houses or cars yet even really. We settled down pretty fast got married, bought our house, already had our own cars to begin and now having our second child so no one gets it and talking to them is pointless! So I get all my pregnancy talk out here :) so when we see them, not often anymore now, we just listen to them babble about their single lives lol. I should also mention I'm a stay at home mom so the days get long without a ton of adult interaction, chasing an 18 month old haha! I find myself talking to him sometimes!!!
I'm glad to have all you guys here to talk to and relate with, I wish I knew about this with DS!

cvd
November 27th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Ps: hope the sickness isn't too rough on you yet!!

Mum23boys
November 27th, 2012, 03:53 AM
ha ha ha have you couted how many posts i start a day that might give u an idea of how much I am on here !!!! :-)

3boys
November 27th, 2012, 06:06 AM
I talk about my pregnancy more on here than in real life. In RL I'm not bothered about gender! :)

dreamingpink77
November 27th, 2012, 07:10 AM
If I had the time, I would also be here quite often. However I'm sitting for some important exams in the beginning of January and I'm attending an evening course three evenings a week and on saturday afternoon, so I'm being quite busy. Plus I have to prepare assignments and do some research and it's taking me a lot of time cause I haven't been studying for some time now and I'm finding it really difficult. So that's taking me a lot of time and I can't be here as much as I'd like. I'm gonna spend the christmas holidays studying :( and I'm so sad about this.
I'm starting telling people now that I'm pregnant, but still have to tell most of my colleagues. I mostly talk about my pregnancy with my colleague who is also a dear friend but I don't talk about gender dreaming. She knows I'd like to have a girl but I don't fuss about it with her. She already has a girl, so I don't think she really would understand much about gender disappointment. I'm glad I can get it all out over here.

Mrs_P
November 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
me to i have only told one person in real life i'm pregnant, kinda feels like maybe its a dream really but i just can't deal with the comments, at least everyone on here is supportive x

Mum23boys
November 27th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I LOVE HAVING YOU GIRLIES :-) DH isnt the baby talk type - he is only really ready to believe it at like 9 months and is one to decorate the nursery AFTER baby arrives so i love having you all to chat to- Id be lost without you all :-)

Violet_
November 27th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Yes, can't talk to anyone about gender preference in real life either. People just don't get it. I'm dreading telling people in real life that I'm pregnant again in the way that I just know that everyone will be like, hope it's a girl this time. You never know you might have a girl? People already say things like that trying to encourage me to have another to get a daughter. I guess most people mean well but it doesn't help. I just say back to them that I just want a healthy baby, which is my main priority! But it would be nice to have a girl. The more I get my hopes up though, the harder I'll fall so I just try not to entertain the thought much.

Mommyof3boys
November 27th, 2012, 06:03 PM
me to i have only told one person in real life i'm pregnant, kinda feels like maybe its a dream really but i just can't deal with the comments, at least everyone on here is supportive x

Same here. I have only told 2 close friends that I knew would be happy and would keep our secret. When do you plan on telling your family? We are going to wait as long as possible. I took a picture with my boys' swimming trunks hanging on the clothesline with a diaper beside them since i am due in the summer. I am going to mail it with a poem that ends with something about not calling until you only have positive things to say.

Atsaukina1
November 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
yeah only hubs and you ladies know:)
wanted to tell family with cute christmas cards but still debating as that's rather early. i usually don't tell fro a couple months. either way I'll still be chatting w/ you gals since we live on the other side of the country from all fam and close friends:(:(

dreamingpink77
November 28th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Same here. I have only told 2 close friends that I knew would be happy and would keep our secret. When do you plan on telling your family? We are going to wait as long as possible. I took a picture with my boys' swimming trunks hanging on the clothesline with a diaper beside them since i am due in the summer. I am going to mail it with a poem that ends with something about not calling until you only have positive things to say.

Nice and original idea Mommy, sending a pic with a poem....I like :)

3boys
November 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Yes, can't talk to anyone about gender preference in real life either. People just don't get it. I'm dreading telling people in real life that I'm pregnant again in the way that I just know that everyone will be like, hope it's a girl this time. You never know you might have a girl? People already say things like that trying to encourage me to have another to get a daughter. I guess most people mean well but it doesn't help. I just say back to them that I just want a healthy baby, which is my main priority! But it would be nice to have a girl. The more I get my hopes up though, the harder I'll fall so I just try not to entertain the thought much.

I feel the same as this. When I tell people I'm pregnant this is all they say not 'congratulations you must be thrilled' or anything similar. I feel if I had a mixed gender family the comments would be completely different and much more upbeat. Although I would still get the 'four??? Are you mad?? Lol

Violet_
November 28th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I know right, so get that one. When I told one of my brothers recently that we were going to try for a fourth baby he told me I was greedy. I think he was joking a bit, but it still hurt. You know when people joke, but you know that there is an element of true to what they are saying. Or maybe I'm just touchy about the whole thing. Or perhaps people shouldn't say things like that at all? There's an idea, perhaps you deal with your family and I'll deal with mine. Hehe. Bit touchy me thinks. He is expecting twins and he was like, you know how many multiples are in our family, what if you have two, three? But it's a risk or blessing that I'm willing to take. He is a pretty cool big bro after all.

Violet_
November 28th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Anyone else considering telling people that they are having a boy or girl (whichever you have majority of) just to get them off your back. Just to quell the comments of 'you never know' (this might be a (insert DG)). I'm thinking of telling everyone it's a boy and then in the unlikely event (personally feel it's about 5%) that it's a girl I can just say, oh that was a surprise. And it would legitimately be.

Mum23boys
November 28th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Ha ha Im so with you on that I was just going to tell everyone its our 4th boy to avoid the comments !!!

3boys
November 28th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I went as far as to thinking I would tell my mum the ultrasound tech said boy (my mum would spread the word like wildfire) and if it popped out as a girl say oops must have got it wrong lol. But she'd be upset if she thought I lied to her plus everyone would buy me blue and I would feel bad making them send it all back. I mean what if they got it in the sale and couldn't return it lol.... I think too much!

On the off chance I am having a girl I want to go out and buy dresses and pink bedding etc... Someone would suss on I lied.

Everyone assumes it a boy anyway and that I can't make girls.... Aren't family lovely like that! ;)

dreamingpink77
November 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Anyone else considering telling people that they are having a boy or girl (whichever you have majority of) just to get them off your back. Just to quell the comments of 'you never know' (this might be a (insert DG)). I'm thinking of telling everyone it's a boy and then in the unlikely event (personally feel it's about 5%) that it's a girl I can just say, oh that was a surprise. And it would legitimately be.

That's what I'm doing but honestly it's also because I'm pretty much really convinced it's a boy especially after my last scan. I don't know, I didn't see a nub or anything but I just instantly felt that it's a boy. It's the same feeling I got when I was having my ds1 and I was not wrong after all. So I'm telling our family that when my son is born.... etc etc And they keep on asking me how come I know it's a boy....they say..you can never know until he/she is born. They are all hoping for a girl, both my hubby's family and mine but I always tell them not to hope for a girl cause it's def a boy!

dreamingpink77
November 28th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I went as far as to thinking I would tell my mum the ultrasound tech said boy (my mum would spread the word like wildfire) and if it popped out as a girl say oops must have got it wrong lol. But she'd be upset if she thought I lied to her plus everyone would buy me blue and I would feel bad making them send it all back. I mean what if they got it in the sale and couldn't return it lol.... I think too much!

On the off chance I am having a girl I want to go out and buy dresses and pink bedding etc... Someone would suss on I lied.

Everyone assumes it a boy anyway and that I can't make girls.... Aren't family lovely like that! ;)

I can accuse my hubby's side of family for having boys...my hubby has 3brothers and a sister, so they're 4boys and 1girl, so that's already mostly boys. Now the girl isn't married and does not have children of her own and his brothers are ALL having boys....so I can easily say to hubby and his family...it's your fault, you're the ones supplying us ladies with boys lol :)

3boys
November 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Oh yeah I blame my DH all the time! It's NO WAY MY FAULT! ;)

Mum23boys
November 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Me too dh is from a HUGE line of boys like somewhere in the last 30 births there is 1 girl his dad had only brothers his grandad only had brothers - it goes on an on way back. My mum and dad on the other hand only have girls !!

Mrs_P
November 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM

Hey i like that - dpn't forget to post it so we can copyright you.

I'm not telling any time soon - am starting to get a bit of a tummy though. Shame i can't keeping denying it and then when the baby pops out be like oh yes you were right maybe i was pregnant. I didn't tell last time til i was 16 weeks although i'm not sure if that made my mom worse or not with the comments but going to at least wait til i've dealt with a bit of my gd and morning sickness - i really don't feel up to battling anyone else yet

Mrs_P
November 28th, 2012, 02:53 PM

To be honest i have told everyone with ds3 as i didn't want the oh maybe to have to deal with once i knew and it was worst than them not knowing with ds2, people were down right rude at times and like oh dear poor you or you should have expected that really or i'm so sorry, three boys what luck. Really what you don't need when you have gd - i HATE people they can be so insensitive and cruel

Rosie85
November 28th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I have been lucky and have not gotten a single rude comment about 3 boys. I'm sure it will come once he is born though.

The Anchor
November 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Just wanted to say...GORGEOUS family Violet, you're a lucky lady!