PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to use Rephresh and Sylk while swaying PINK?

Hoping4aPrincess
March 27th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Hi! I'm new here, but I came over from IG (stupid monkeys! lol). I'm swaying this summer for a little girl. I am so confused about this whole lube thing. I read the sticky above, but I'm still lost. We plan on doing a cut off. Is it ok to use Sylk as the lube and then put in Rephresh afterward? How soon should I put in Rephresh? I don't want to do a lime douche... I saw in the sticky that lime douche and Rephresh didn't work well together... Oh! Can you use Rephresh as the lube?? :sigh: There's so much to take in! But fortunately this is the only thing I'm confused about... so far, lol.

luvmyluvbug
March 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I am planning on doing just that. I am using replens every other day then when it gets close to ovulation and after our last attempt for a 2-3 day cut off I will use rephresh. I know rephresh is supposed to work and balance the ph for 3 days so hopefully that will help keep it down. With the sylk I only use enough to slick things up not a tone everywhere. GL! When are you TTC? This is our first month and I'm so nervous.

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM
The concern that I have with mixing and matching RepHresh with other gels is that RepHresh is a reactive agent, meaning it reacts with whatever it touches to keep pH between 4-5 and it lasts for 3 days. So if you add something that is very low in pH, RepHresh ~may~ react with it and make pH go up. (of course the good news is that if you add something high in pH like semen, it will lower pH!)

Now it may very well be that you can mix RepHresh with Replens and with Sylk and keep your pH perfect so you should test ahead of time and see how it works (and then report back and let us all know!)

You may have already read this guide to RepHresh and Replens already. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1066-Complete-guide-to-Replens-and-RepHresh

Hoping4aPrincess
March 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks ladies :bigsmile:.

luvmy, We're planning on trying starting in June. I am so excited... and nervous! We're just starting the diet now.

sage, yes I read the guide after I posted this lol. We plan on testing all of this stuff together. So I'll let you guys know what happens! One more question tho, even if the RepHresh raises the pH of the Sylk to 4-5, is that a bad thing? Isn't that what the pH is supposed to be to conceive a girl? From reading that guide, I gathered that RepHresh will make your whole vagina, and anything in it (lube, sperm, semen...) 4-5 pH and keep it that way for 3 days. Right? So would it matter if it raised the pH of Sylk to 4-5?

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
No, it's not a bad thing at all. 4-5 is exactly what we want (I believe the pH of Sylk is 4.7 to begin with). The concern is that temporarily it might raise pH HIGHER than that before it stabilizes at a lower point. People who are highly concerned with pH do not want this to happen so until I know for sure how they all react together I've been warning people not to do it.