PDA

View Full Version : Cradle cap in eyebrows?

Hobbermittens
November 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Gross! My baby has cradle cap in his eyebrows! He doesn't really have it on his scalp, though? Weird. Anyway, I keep putting baby oil on it, but it isn't helping. Has anyone had to deal with this before? I need ideas!

Pangea
November 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
My DS2 had really bad cradle cap. He didn't have it in his eyebrows but it was so bad on his scalp. A nurse told me to use olive oil and brush it with a soft baby brush it but it didn't work. In the end I managed to get rid of it by using the olive oil and scraping it off with a hard baby comb. It kept coming back though so I had to keep on doing it. He still has it quite bad, but it's not as noticeable because his hair is thick.

It's trickier with it being on his eyebrows because you have to be careful of his eyes. Maybe try the comb and see if it works.

threeatlast
November 27th, 2012, 03:02 PM
All 3 kids had it bad , but the last baby it went away by mixing olive oil & bi-carb soda into a paste and then use hand to massage in a little, I then used a face washer to gently rub off. It took 3 goes and it was gone , be careful near eyebrows but it should do the same job. Good luck

Cinss
November 27th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Dont worry about it, it will go on it own :)

Hobbermittens
November 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
THanks for the tips! Cinss, I tried ignoring it on DD2, and she still has it at age 2 1/2. The last time I tried picking at it, her hair was coming out with the flakes! So I left it. But it is still there in her hair! It grosses me out!

pinkgerbera
January 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I am also going to use the tip of olive oil and bi-carb - as both my sons have cradle cap and I can't shift it.

Many Thanks

Violet_
January 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I cover or liberally apply olive oil all over my little one's head and leave for at least 30 mins. Then I get a warm/almost hot, just cool enough for bub to not be hurt or uncomfortable so quite warm and hold that warm washer on his head for a couple of minutes in each area (this does wonders for lifting the cradle cap off). Then I get a comb and comb the cradle cap out. It just falls out without any effort.