PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol? Hot baths?

twosweetlads
March 28th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hi,
I know most advice for ttc pink is no alcohol. I know ingender don't advocate it as we are TTc. Before you are pregnant though does it sway either way?

Its acidic so wondered if it was that bad?

Also do you think its really important for DH to have a hot bath each time? He is sooo tired after work to make him have a bath AND bd would tip him over the edge!

Thanks x

Emmy2012
March 28th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I wonder this too. I know obviously not to drink while pregnant..I would never! But swaying is stressful and I would love a glass of white wine occasionally in the evenings before O to help de-stress. I have heard though that white wine is not good. I think I read somewhere that someone did an occasional vodka/cran and still had a girl.
Tiffany

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Hot baths are one thing that really do help lower his sperm count, but if he's tired, I would let it go. (I might point out that BD IN the bath is always an option!)

I agree totally, the banning of booze for pink on some other sites has nothing to do with how it sways, it's a moral judgement. I promise that many many girls have been conceived after the imbibing of alcohol.

All alcohol is listed as acidifying. It does cause you to excrete a little extra calcium but if you've been taking a lot of extra calcium, to drink one night when you are TTC to help relax, will not affect your sway. It also may affect hormones but again, a drink or two will NOT affect your sway.

Wine, particularly red wine, ~may~ sway blue because it has a lot of phytochemicals in it like reservatrol (white wine has less of these phytochemicals). Beer ~may~ also sway blue (esp. "good" high quality brews like Sam Adams and other microbrews) because it has a lot of B-Vitamins.

I would say for pink, stick with white wine, cheap beer, and hard liquor (sounds like a good time to me! ;))

ELP
March 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I would say for pink, stick with white wine, cheap beer, and hard liquor (sounds like a good time to me! ;))

Oh, to be a teenager again, sigh.

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 11:39 AM
:rofl::rofl::agree: