PDA

View Full Version : Rephresh - is this normal??

Kpeanuts
March 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry in advance if this post has TMI. I used Rephresh for the first time today, at 1.40pm. At 9pm I decided to check my ph (giving it long enough to settle in) and was shocked to find that I couldn't find any CM because in its place was lumps of white blobs. I've read on the box that if using it for a yeast infection this 'cottage cheese' type discharge is common, but I didn't have ANY such discharge until i used Rephresh!

As it is - I couldn't bear for my DH to come near me - not exactly gonna help TTC! Is this normal to get such a discharge when using for the first time, or is this abnormal and therefore I shouldn't use it again?

Sorry for such a graphic post, it really freaked me out :oops:

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Yes, that is totally normal and will go away after a few days. It's because it triggers the vajayjay to slough off old dead cells. It will not interfere in TTC.

NeedAGirl!
March 29th, 2011, 08:54 PM
The same thing often happens with Replens.

4BlueLooking4Pink
March 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I had that happen with replens. I was a little concerned and then I went through the directions and saw it was normal. Odd, but normal, lol.

Emmy2012
March 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I am starting this next month for my trial month so at least I will know what to expect! LOL

Kpeanuts
April 6th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Thank you so much for the reassurance. I removed it all b4 I let DH near me (sori if TMI again!). I have continued to use it but not a whole applicator, just half, and then some blobs on the finger. I still got the white blobs with the half applicator but not as much, and the best bit is my ph is between 4.5-5.75. I'm slightly confused as my ph stick has two colours, the top square varies between 5.5-5.75, the bottom square is usually 4.5. The one day it flew up to 7.0 & 6.5 I used 3 blobs of rephresh and it came down again when tested a few hours later, so I am definitely pleased I used it. Any ideas why the squares don't tally with the colour chart? Thanks again - everyone's help is so appreciated. xx

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
If you split the difference between the two, you get a pretty accurate result...that's just how they work, it's not exact, more of an approximation.

Sometimes when your vajayjay gets irritated your body produces extra mucus trying to wash away the irritant, and that can make your pH rise.

Kpeanuts
April 6th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Oh I see - thanks for that. So my ph is around 5-5.25, is that enough to help sway pink? (I'm also doing vitamins, changing diet, timing & position, but I'm trying to get my ph right too). Thanks again for your help x

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Yes, that will help sway pink! Keep an eye on it around ovulation because it may rise - if you lose a little weight, you might find it drops. Mine went WAY down just from losing weight (but I still conceived a boy!!)