PDA

View Full Version : Girl diet and meds question?

shouldihope?
March 28th, 2011, 11:41 PM
I have been doing the girl diet and recording it on my fitness pal app. on Droid. It says that my calories are way to low and it gives a lot of other details about nutrients, fat, sodium, etc that I consumed each day. I am sure that is a good thing in this case. I am wondering though what should my calories, fat, sodium, potassium, and/or other critical things should be at? Does anyone know.

My allergies have been bad and I have been taking benadryl or generic equivalent at night as well as my usual claritin and flonase everyday. Will benadryl sway pink because it dries you up? If so I would think it would keep people more mellow and less stressed out feeling than Sudafed would. Just a thought. If it is not good to take I will eliminate it as I get closer to ttc pink. Thanks!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Benadryl does indeed sway pink. I am not a fan of Sudafed AT ALL for all the reasons you describe and plus it's been linked to strokes in young women. Also Zyrtec, another antihistamine, is an option that will not make you drowsy like Benadryl does.

Yes, lower calories is much better for pink. Aim for 1500-1800 cals a day with around 40 grams of protein and as little fat as you possibly can. Sodium should be between 700-1000 mg a day, potassium between 2500-3000. If you're following the cal/mag stuff you should aim for 1200-1800 mg of cacium through diet and supps and 200-300 mg of magnesium.

It's very important NOT to screw around with these levels of minerals, you shouldn't eat less of the "bad" ones or more of the "good" ones because you can risk your body's health by doing so. Good luck!

shouldihope?
March 29th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks so much! You are so helpful. I think the first day I kept track I realized I was eating too little and wondered what I should be doing. I have never been a dieter so kind of clueless. Also I noticed my Calcium supps have Vit. D in them. Is that okay? I did not see anything else.

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I think it's better to do without the Vit D because it raises testosterone, but it is a traditional pink supplement and a lot of people have conceived pink while taking it. If I had my failed sway to do again I would NOT take Vit. D.

3BoysBlessed
March 19th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Does Flonase sway girl then, too? This is all great to know! Not trying yet, and I know this is an old post, but anyone know about flonase?

3BoysBlessed
March 19th, 2013, 11:05 PM
I had no idea about the sudafed causing strokes. Scary:(

atomic sagebrush
March 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I believe Flonase would sway blue becuase it's a steroid (may raise T levels altho I could not find anything concrete on that) and can also raise blood sugar levels.