PDA

View Full Version : TT5 - Sway in June 2011

TTC5
March 29th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Have deleted my original post and updating!

So, I am CD 3 and waiting for AF to finish up. I am so excited and nervous!!

These are the supps and drinks so far.

Me:
L'Arginine 1/4 tsp daily. 1 level tsp = 3200mg.
Vit B12 - I cut my tablet in half and half a day. Each tablet = 250mcg.
EPO 1 capsule a day. Each capsule = 1,000mg.
Flaxseed oil - 1 capsule which contains 1,000mg.
Natural E 500IUI - 1 capsule which contains just that.
Wheatgrass tablets. Each tablet contains 500mg. I take at least 6-8 of these a day.
Brewers Yeast - each contains 500mg. I have just started these so unsure on how much to have?
Zinc - each tablet contains 22mg - I have one a day but should I have more?
Potassium - each tab contains 65 mg. I have 3 a day.
Folic Acid each tab contains 5mg - i take 3 a day. Here they are: http://www.pharmacydirect.com.au/product_details.aspx?invpid=002537

Green Tea each tab contains 13,800mg or 13.8g. I have just started and unsure?
Fish Oil 1,000mg per capsule I have increased to 3 a day now.

I have 1 tablespoon daily of NYF's/SYF's.
I drink lemon water daily.
I also have 3 tablespoons of gelatine with pineapple/orange juice.
Have started on Vicks chesty cough mixture. 15mls 3 x daily.

I have started urals. I am having 3 a day until O.
Salting my food. I eat daily the following:
Coles brand Right Start Cereal with either oat or almond milk and occasionally soy milk but trying to avoid the soy. Chopped banana on top.
Sliced tomato, ham and lettuce on wholegrain bread with margarine, salted.
Tin chunky beef and veg soup, salted.
Sultanas and dried apricots - small serve - sometimes I have 2 serves.
Dinner - potato either in form of mash or chips! Salted.
Red meat. Tomato sauce &salt.
Dark choc with sea salt and bowl of cereal with banana before bed.

I am choc a block FULL LOL!!!
Of course, I have other foods but the above it day in day out pretty much now! I do include vegetables weekly usually carrot, broccolli, peas, pumpkin. McDonalds at least 2 x a week.

I am burning incense, wearing gold rings, earrings, bracelets.
I will do BSF when AF leaves. Decided not to do baths.
Have pre seed in the mail and will add a touch of bs but do I really need to if I do a bsf too before??

Will sleep with tv on, cell phone, laptop close by.

Not too worried about the moon and biorhythms as i first was. Since joining here from IG I have relaxed HEAPS and suprisingly feel happier now =D

DH is having the same as me just not having any EPO or flax. He won't have any cough syrup either i don't think, is this needed??
He will have caffeine before the attempt and we plan to go on O and maybe 2 days before. Depends on how my opks look, my o dates are erratic!!

Belle
March 29th, 2011, 03:42 AM
That sounds fantastic that's a super duper BOY you've covered all bases just add in some take away burgers and fries and your all set I'm also trying in May June but for a girl

TTC5
March 29th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Thanks Belle and all the best for your girl, sending you all my pink dust!!

ELP
March 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Looks very good 5! Have you an allergy to nuts? Maybe add them in as snacks through out the day.

TTC5
March 29th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Not that I know of no, but I only like peanuts. Have been having salted peanuts lately.

gizmo77
March 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM
when you say "jelly" do you mean jam...plain? or on bread or anything? so have you cut out alldairy then?
btw i LOOOVE weetabix. MISS It so much. my husb and i had it when we were in wales everyday! and then we wer ein japan and i cleaned out all their stores within 10 mile radius. they couldnt keep up with me. cant find it here in the states :-(

ELP
March 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Not that I know of no, but I only like peanuts. Have been having salted peanuts lately.Do you know what I discovered the other day??? Well, wait for it.........Dry roasted peanuts contain more salt than salted peanuts!!!:omg: It probably wasn't worth the build up lol, but couldn't reist:bigsmile:

TTC5
March 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM
LOL!! Well guess what.....

That is just what I am having, hehe dry roasted salted peanuts :P

TTC5
March 30th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Forgot to say I also have 3 cups of decaff green tea.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
I think this is a GREAT sway! I am so excited for you!

One thing I did want to remind you about - you are the one who is allergic to certain kinds of fruit, correct? So it is prob. best for you to just stick to peanuts and cashews because walnuts and esp. almonds are related to plums and peaches. Although you are tolerating the almond milk fine so maybe that isn't a concern.

I don't personally think he needs to ice his jewels and in fact that seems a little bit silly. Heat should be avoided but just because heat is bad, doesn't necessarily mean that cold is good. But, if you guys think that is a good idea, I doubt it hurts anything (other than DH!) The redbull an hour before will actually help.

Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
when you say "jelly" do you mean jam...plain? or on bread or anything? so have you cut out alldairy then?
btw i LOOOVE weetabix. MISS It so much. my husb and i had it when we were in wales everyday! and then we wer ein japan and i cleaned out all their stores within 10 mile radius. they couldnt keep up with me. cant find it here in the states :-(

I think that jelly = Jell-o gelatin dessert??

TTC5
April 3rd, 2011, 05:11 AM

Sorry must have missed your question.. jelly is a gelatin based food.. you add hot water and refridgerate till set.
Jam is what we call the stuff you spread on bread hehe

TTC5
April 8th, 2011, 11:54 PM
So ladies, should I remove my silver belly piercing?

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Silver ionizes to AG+ which would be positive. It is also healthy because it has an antibiotic/antifungal effect. I would leave it, unless someone else has heard differently.

TTC5
April 9th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Ah cool thanks! I wasn't sure as I thought I had read that silver sways girl?

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2011, 07:00 PM
It very well might. I have to admit that the ions don't make a lot of sense to me so some things I say may not be 100% accurate (I try to look them up but due to monkeyshines I can't always get all the info).

TTC5
April 12th, 2011, 01:55 AM
That's ok! Think I will take it out on month of attempt just to be safe!! Would that be enough time?

sunnyebsh
April 13th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Looks like a great sway!

TTC5
April 18th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Well ladies guess what!!! 6 weeks go to!!! How fast this has gone, it seems like only yesterday we started this journey with swaying! I have a diary on another forum I must go through and read my progress so far and post it here for you all?!

So, am off today to find a digital pH tester, I guess with just 6 weeks to go it is now time to see what my pH says? Strips are just not cutting it for me, unfortunately..

I think, I have made some great changes so far but please let me know what I should be touching up on/doing/changing now we are so close to trying!!!:ttcboy:

TTC5
April 18th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Ok here we are:

15th January 2011: Decided we would try one last time! Came off birth control pill.

24th January 2011: Cycle 1 (although really not a period, more like the first bleed since coming off the pill)

28th January 2011: Started temping, there abouts anyway.

2nd February 2011: Started opk's.

During this time above, I read the Shettles method and had not heard of swaying, and thought this was the only way to tip the odds.

8th February 2011: First time I ever had EWCM!!!

And my first + opk! http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n550/opk11/009.jpg

Even darker: http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n550/opk11/009.jpg

Also had strong cramps that morning. Very exciting times that was lol.

11th February 2011 CM was back to creamy by this stage.

14th February 2011 This is the day I found IG and decided to steer away from Shettles and learned about PH and everything else!

16th February 2011 PH strips arrived, sadly I can not get them to work with my CM =(

18th February 2011: Started my lemon water lol

20th February 2011: Beginning some supps etc, started with folic acid, salting my foods, meat and potatos.

21st February 2011: Brought in:
Myself: Folic acid & Fish Oil (mercury free)

DH: Folic acid, Zinc & Vit E.

Salting food and adding tomatos and bananas to our diet. DH cut his morning coffee down today so hopefully can wean him off that hehe

Also, have some fruit and veg juice for him to have 3 glasses a day.

24st February 2011: First proper cycle since coming off pill!

Started green tea and bananas and tomatos.

1st March 2011: Bought incense and oils. 12 weeks till we TRY!

3rd March 2011 - found my cervix hahaha!

Started flaxseed and EPO.

9th March - added L'Argenine and gelatine, and NYF's.

11th March - started potassium and b12.

15th March - dreamt I had a son. Worked out our biorhythms.

Bought robitussin.

WantingPink
April 18th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Hi TTC5 I was reading your post above and saw that you said on Feb 8th was the first time you had EWMC sorry to pry I know this is a personal question but when you say ever do you mean ever in your life? There seems to be a strong connection between women that make a lot of EWMC (like myself, tons for several days) and boys vs. women who make little to none and have girls. This seems to be key and I am wondering if with your diet changes this has changed also... do you plan on using EW with your sway?

TTC5
April 19th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Ask away! =D
Yep, I have never really noticed much discharge in my life (although I was never really looking lol) HTH!! x

TTC5
April 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
I have updated my sway ladies!!!!

TTC5
April 28th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I think this is a GREAT sway! I am so excited for you!

One thing I did want to remind you about - you are the one who is allergic to certain kinds of fruit, correct? So it is prob. best for you to just stick to peanuts and cashews because walnuts and esp. almonds are related to plums and peaches. Although you are tolerating the almond milk fine so maybe that isn't a concern.

I don't personally think he needs to ice his jewels and in fact that seems a little bit silly. Heat should be avoided but just because heat is bad, doesn't necessarily mean that cold is good. But, if you guys think that is a good idea, I doubt it hurts anything (other than DH!) The redbull an hour before will actually help.

Good luck!

Bummer sorry Atomic I missed this!!

Yep am tolerating the almond milk fine =)

Thanks for the other advice... 2 of my dd's were conceived under electric blankets lol so maybe we should not do this??

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Yes, I would skip the electric blanket (although I think I've heard something about ions and electric blankets????) I think heat does def. lower sperm count and sways pink.

Plum3
May 22nd, 2011, 01:09 AM
Wow, that seems like a fantastic sway! I am still making my plan but will be referring back to yours for ideas.

Can I ask where you get the dark choc with sea salt? How does that sway? Or are you just getting your chocolate fix? Hehe.

TTC5
May 22nd, 2011, 01:18 AM
Thanks Bec!

I found it in Coles a few weeks ago but not it is discontinued so I bought 10 blocks on clearance lol.

Dark choc is meant to be good for antioxidants and the salt is needed for us boy swayers ;)

Plum3
May 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Oh I hope there is some left at my local Coles store. Sounds great. I was so bummed about not being able to have chocolate so I am so thrilled to be able to have dark chocolate, I'll just have to get used to the taste!

TTC5
May 22nd, 2011, 07:13 AM
Good thing with dark is you only need small amount for a good choc sugar hit ;)

Plum3
May 22nd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Good thing with dark is you only need small amount for a good choc sugar hit ;)

:agree:

jane
May 22nd, 2011, 08:41 AM
i thought peanuts were highly acidic? are these ok then when your'e ttc a boy?

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Wow, that seems like a fantastic sway! I am still making my plan but will be referring back to yours for ideas.

Can I ask where you get the dark choc with sea salt? How does that sway? Or are you just getting your chocolate fix? Hehe.

Dark choc with sea salt is excellent for blue because the choc has antioxidants, and the sea salt obviously has sodium but also other minerals that will help with a sway.

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Oh I hope there is some left at my local Coles store. Sounds great. I was so bummed about not being able to have chocolate so I am so thrilled to be able to have dark chocolate, I'll just have to get used to the taste!

Even if you can't find the kind with sea salt, any dark choc is good.

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
i thought peanuts were highly acidic? are these ok then when your'e ttc a boy?

Haha, we do things a bit differently here - my advice does not always mesh with that given on IG because it is based on a different set of science than the IG stuff is. pH (esp. via diet) is the part of swaying with the least amount of science backing it up, even Dr. Shettles dropped pH from his book.

Peanuts are a good food for blue because they're high in protein, have a lot of nutrients in them, and contain healthy fats. They are also protein and carbs mixed together which is great for your blood sugar when swaying blue.

jane
May 23rd, 2011, 02:37 AM
Haha, we do things a bit differently here - my advice does not always mesh with that given on IG because it is based on a different set of science than the IG stuff is. pH (esp. via diet) is the part of swaying with the least amount of science backing it up, even Dr. Shettles dropped pH from his book.

Peanuts are a good food for blue because they're high in protein, have a lot of nutrients in them, and contain healthy fats. They are also protein and carbs mixed together which is great for your blood sugar when swaying blue.

ooooooh,thanx,i LOVE salty peanuts,i can eat themtill they come out of my ears!:bigsmile:

TTC5
May 23rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
ooooooh,thanx,i LOVE salty peanuts,i can eat themtill they come out of my ears!:bigsmile:

When I first started swaying I was on another forum and was sooooo stressed by all the "rules" but over here it is much more relaxed, yet actually make more sense to me ;)

I agree with Atomic on the peanuts/any kind of nuts =)

Plum3
May 23rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Even if you can't find the kind with sea salt, any dark choc is good.

Great news for me. I looooove chocolate :)

TTC5
May 23rd, 2011, 06:44 AM
Great news for me. I looooove chocolate :)

I not long ago learnt this either lol I used to be a white choc girl so dark took some getting used to but now I love it, I have a few good squares every day ;)

Plum3
May 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
I not long ago learnt this either lol I used to be a white choc girl so dark took some getting used to but now I love it, I have a few good squares every day ;)

Only a few squares? I could easily demolish a block, lol. So how much is too much? Guess I should eat it in moderation!

TTC5
May 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Well the choc I et is very very dark and very salty so you don't get the urge to keep going lol

TTC5
May 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Oh and they are big squares haha

Plum3
May 24th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Oh and they are big squares haha

Haha, of course! Does it taste nice with the salt? I can't imagine salt with chocolate!

TTC5
May 24th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Well because I am salting everything I am kinda used to it now it gives it a different twist but hey it is chocolate ;)

jane
May 24th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Well because I am salting everything I am kinda used to it now it gives it a different twist but hey it is chocolate ;)

ha! i can agree with you there,im getting used to salt on everything,the chocolate's not that bad plus i love dark choc!:bigsmile:

TTC5
May 25th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Question: When working our biorhythms what time zone is australia is is + GMT10.

My chart for June looks like this: I am due to ovulate around 1st - 7th of June..

http://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/biochart.php?name=&birthmonth=5&birthdate=16&birthyear=1983&chartmonth=5&chartyear=2011&lunar=1&tz=10&chart=FromForm

Am I in new moon or full moon? My rhythms looks ok hey? but not sure about the moon?

Oh no... looks like hubby is in girl zone.... please tell me biorhythms do not matter =(

http://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/biochart.php?name=&birthmonth=9&birthdate=26&birthyear=1983&chartmonth=6&chartyear=2011&lunar=1&tz=10&chart=FromForm

Oh no again LOL

We are right on new moon Nooooooooo :'(

Plum3
May 26th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Folic Acid each tab contains 5mg - i take 3 a day. Here they are: http://www.pharmacydirect.com.au/product_details.aspx?invpid=002537

Just wondering why you take 3 tabs per day? So 15,000 mcg a day right? That seems like way too much?

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Your body will pee out any it does not need so you can't overdose. I told the pharmacist I need to take 4,000mcg a day. to begin with, I was taking the 0.5mg (equal to 500mcg) but taking 8 a day and was needing to pay more as I ran out faster. My pharmacist said the 5mg is equal to 5,000mcg but given that we pee out what we do not need at the time, that it is better to space our supps out during the day for best absorption and the urals and green tea depletes our folic acid levels and how important it is I decided to take 1 at each big meal a day. I worry of spinal tube defects with so much ural and green tea.. better to be safe I guess and the folic acid does not hurt.
Hope that made sense, lol.

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Oh and more often I only take 1-2 a day anyway unless I remember and have had more ural that day. Maybe one is enough I am not sure but I worry if I take one, and my body only takes what it needs at that time and later in the day given the urals etc and I am getting depleted??

Plum3
May 26th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Your body will pee out any it does not need so you can't overdose. I told the pharmacist I need to take 4,000mcg a day. to begin with, I was taking the 0.5mg (equal to 500mcg) but taking 8 a day and was needing to pay more as I ran out faster. My pharmacist said the 5mg is equal to 5,000mcg but given that we pee out what we do not need at the time, that it is better to space our supps out during the day for best absorption and the urals and green tea depletes our folic acid levels and how important it is I decided to take 1 at each big meal a day. I worry of spinal tube defects with so much ural and green tea.. better to be safe I guess and the folic acid does not hurt.
Hope that made sense, lol.

Yep, it makes sense. I thought you must have been being overly cautious but just wanted to check :) I won't even drink green tea because I am worried about it affecting folic acid absorption. I have been googling supps like crazy and I read that if you have a known B12 deficiency then too much folic acid can be dangerous as it can cause nerve damage (rare though). I'm sure someone would know if they had a deficiency anyway.

Plum3
May 26th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Oh and more often I only take 1-2 a day anyway unless I remember and have had more ural that day. Maybe one is enough I am not sure but I worry if I take one, and my body only takes what it needs at that time and later in the day given the urals etc and I am getting depleted??

Yeah I would take at least two spaced out as well. But I doubt the body would deplete the whole 5mg dose? Better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

purplepoet20
May 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
On the cooling DH jewels.... one thing my hubby does as soon as he comes home from work (4pm) is change from underwear and jeans to a pair of cotton shorts also called his sleeping shorts because that is what he wears to bed... when my boys were conceived it was either in the late evening (9-10pm) or first thing in the morning (6-8), we only used a lite cotton bed sheet in bed because the summer are fairly warm and also hubby likes a fan blowing on him all night.

TTC5
May 27th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah I would take at least two spaced out as well. But I doubt the body would deplete the whole 5mg dose? Better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

Yep I always take one in the morning with brekkie and then I have the others at either lunch or dinner, or one at both. I am now having a lot of ural as my attempt is next week, I am so paranoid of not getting enough folic acid!

TTC5
May 31st, 2011, 06:57 AM
Ok think I am fading in tonight so FX for a + opk tomorrow and lots of ewcm so we can dtd on day 4 cut off!

TTC5
June 2nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
I am now 2dpo.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM

Just wondering why you take 3 tabs per day? So 15,000 mcg a day right? That seems like way too much?

15,000 IS too much. I believe she's taking 1500 mcg. the MG is a typo.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Yep, it makes sense. I thought you must have been being overly cautious but just wanted to check :) I won't even drink green tea because I am worried about it affecting folic acid absorption. I have been googling supps like crazy and I read that if you have a known B12 deficiency then too much folic acid can be dangerous as it can cause nerve damage (rare though). I'm sure someone would know if they had a deficiency anyway.

But that is SUPER DUPER rare and I think it takes quite some time to manifest itself anyway. Also, it's not that it causes the damage but it can mask the effects and make it hard to diagnose.

It is much more common to have a neural tube defect! When I TTC DS 3 I wasn't swaying, but I was eating a pretty boy-friendly diet with more sodium than I usu. eat and also drinking green tea, and he DOES have a thankfully very small and mild spinabifida.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM

I figure, if you take several smaller doses throughout the day, that way you ensure your body has a constant supply.

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
I am now 2dpo.

I'm so excited for you TTC! You DESERVE this!

TTC5
June 5th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Thankyou!!

Plum3
June 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM
15,000 IS too much. I believe she's taking 1500 mcg. the MG is a typo.

No, she did take 15,000mcg a day. 5mg x3 tabs

http://www.pharmacydirect.com.au/pro...?invpid=002537

TTC5
June 5th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Yes it was 5mg tabs .. my pharmacist told me to take them as it is equal to 5,000mcg and I was aiming for 4,000mcg, but didnt want to take multiple tabs a day. A few times I took a few more tabs cos I was so worried that when I added in urals and bs and green tea I may get depleted. Gosh, have I done something wrong taking this much? Now I am worried I have and may be risking doing damage ughhhh :(

TTC5
June 5th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Found this
NOTE: Be aware of the different ways folic acid dosages can be written. The term 'ug' is short for 'micrograms' and the term 'mg' is short for 'milligrams'. Therefore, 1000 micrograms = 1 milligram, 400 micrograms = 0.4 milligrams, 5,000 micrograms = 5 milligrams. This is important, because some women may be advised to have higher doses of folic acid, depending on their circumstances, and dosages over 1,000 micrograms (or 1 milligram) need to be taken under medical supervision.

So I was taking 5,000micrograms (5milligrams). I did a few times take an extra tablet or 2 when I upped green tea/bs or ural. All I can find on taking too much FA is it may cause nerve damage ... hopefully I am ok :(

Plum3
June 5th, 2011, 07:08 AM
That's all I could find as well, that it can cause nerve damage. But the reading says that it can causes damage if you have a B12 deficiency. And you don't so I wouldn't worry. And as Atomic said, it is really very rare.

TTC5
June 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Yes I was taking B vitamins so hopefully it is all good!