PDA

View Full Version : Where to start, so daunting!

katieloubel
November 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hi there
I am pretty new to this, but am seriously considering pgd ivf. I have 2 ds's and am currently pregnant with ds3. I know I will love this little one when he comes along, but it had made me realise how desperate I am for a girl and can't imagine my life without a daughter.
I have been doing some research and Dr Potter from HRC seems to pop up on a lot of posts as a good option and quite popular and successful?
I am planning on doing something about this next year but feel that it's so daunting and don't really know where to begin and hoping for a little advice. If anyone can answer any of my questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank u. ( I am from the uk by the way)

I would only have one shot at this so if I were to have to embryos transferred am I very likely to have twins? (I'm so scared to have 5 kids)
Is there a percentage chance if getting pregnant first time?
How do I arrange pre testing in the uk?
How much more is it if you have some eggs frozen if it doesn't work out first try?
How long does hubby have to come to la for?
Also what is 3 and 5 day embryo sorting and what does this mean?

Any other info would really help. I'm even worrying about finding somewhere cheap to stay etc.
Thank you xx

nuthinbutpink
November 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
First, the info you are looking for is in the Dream Member/Private HT forum. There is a guide to HT and some specific UK info. Also, we have Cycle Diaries forum that has the past cycles from over the last year, pages of them. There are clinics all over the US and one in South Cyprus called Genesis that UK gals go to although HRC has success rates double that of Genesis right now.

So, join up and you'll see where all the HT info is!

nuthinbutpink
November 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/international-ht-family-balancing/56-travelling-uk-gender-selection.html