PDA

View Full Version : Does the ph of arousal fluid matter??

wantason
March 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM
The more your are aroused while DTD the more transparent fluid is produced irrespective of your fertile days. Does it make sense to check its ph also. I think it matters as sperms will first enter this then reach cervix. But I think its ph is supposed to be lower than CM's ph. But recently i found out that this fluid's ph was near about 7 but when i checked my CM's ph, it was around 6. Whats the reason. Does this also depend on the current day's diet like urine?

TTC5
March 29th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Good question..

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
The more your are aroused while DTD the more transparent fluid is produced irrespective of your fertile days. Does it make sense to check its ph also. I think it matters as sperms will first enter this then reach cervix. But I think its ph is supposed to be lower than CM's ph. But recently i found out that this fluid's ph was near about 7 but when i checked my CM's ph, it was around 6. Whats the reason. Does this also depend on the current day's diet like urine?

The reason why your CM pH is a little lower is probably because it is mixing with the natural pH of your vagina, which is very low, so it makes everything it touches lower in pH. That is why the semen is usually high in pH, to keep the sperm safe until they make it to the CM.

However, arousal fluid does have some naturally occuring acids in it and it is slightly acid. IT's designed that way and it is ok, the higher pH of the semen and EWCM will dilute that away.

I wouldn't get too carried away worrying about the pH of each individual element when you are TTC. Some parts of our bodies are designed to be acidic and others alkaline,. As long as your CM pH is more plentiful at ovulation (from diet, supplements, and Robitussin), your pH will be good for TTC a boy because pH rises at ovulation.

wantason
March 30th, 2011, 02:55 PM
But my arousal fluid's ph is higher than the CM's ph. strange but it is, i always check that. This makes me feel that its ph depedns on the day's diet only like urine's ph.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 10:54 AM
You could very well be right! Either way that's good news for a blue sway.