PDA

View Full Version : Re-Evaluating My Sway..Help Please!

Emmy2012
March 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Ok, so I thought I had a good sway plan but now I just don't know. I am afraid I am getting too many nutriets and too much protein.

This is what I have decided to take out......vit c supps, b12 and b6 supps, cranberry supps (too much vit c in it) I bought calcium without vit d in it to help.

So my new supps are:
calcium/mag without vit D
Folic Acid
Should I stop the vit E and Zinc? I was taking them for egg quality, I have had miscarriages in the past
Vitex 500mg
Maybe starting Saw palmetto when af starts for trial month

Thinking of changing my diet to this:

Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: calcium white pasta and ms dash, 1 glass of milk
Snack: Which is better...low salt toast and unsalted butter or non-fat greek yogurt and rasberry smoothie?
Dinner: calcium pasta, green beans, small amount of chicken, unsalted butter and parm

What do you ladies think? Am I getting too much calcium? Too much protein?

Tiffany

Coccinelle33
March 29th, 2011, 11:53 PM
i think it all sounds great!!! im so not sticking to my plan lol

Another princess
March 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Ok, so I thought I had a good sway plan but now I just don't know. I am afraid I am getting too many nutriets and too much protein.

This is what I have decided to take out......vit c supps, b12 and b6 supps, cranberry supps (too much vit c in it) I bought calcium without vit d in it to help.

So my new supps are:
Folic Acid
Should I stop the vit E and Zinc? I was taking them for egg quality, I have had miscarriages in the past
Vitex 500mg

Snack: Which is better...low salt toast and unsalted butter or non-fat greek yogurt and rasberry smoothie?
Dinner: calcium pasta, green beans, small amount of chicken, unsalted butter and parm

Tiffany

You sound soo like me -chopping and changing your plan, ha ha. Dont you just wish that someone would say 'this is your plan and stick to it!'
As for your supps i agree less nutrients is better so yes i would cut out the vit c, b12 and b6. I would also cut out the vit e and zinc too. Do you know what caused your MC? It may have been due to low progesterone and zinc and vit e would not help with that anyway. When i conceived my son i took multi vitamins so im staying away frm them. As for cranberry i personally would take it as i conceived my daughter whilst using it, hence im going to use it again. If your ph is very low you could skip it or how about taking baby aparin instead? - in lowers ph and can help to prevent MC.
As for your diet i would try and cut out the snacks as you want to have periods of low blood sugar and by having snacks it will prevent this happening. Just have two or three meals and nothing inbetween. When i conceived my daughter i took calcuim supps and ate yogurt regularly but didnt really drink milk or have tons of dairy. Im going to do the same again for this sway as im beginning to agree that high dairy is not a great pink sway as it contains alot of soduim, protein and fat.
So are you planning on taking both SP and vitex? Please let me know how you get on with it.

swish
March 30th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Looks good :happy:. I too think low fat yogurt and not too much milk. Also I think pram has quite a bit of sodium so maybe not too much of it! I think small snacks are fine as long as your diet is overall different from before. Atomic suggests white veg and fruit like peeled apples and cucumber. I'm going to skip breakfast too, most of the all girl mums I know do this. Gl!:wave:

Emmy2012
March 30th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Ok so maybe I should take out the green beans? I am only going to eat three times a day...this is my day schedule:

wake up 5am, work at 6:30am
eat lunch between 11-12: small amount of calcium pasta, ms dash, glass of milk
get home at 3:30: non-fat greek yogurt and rasberry smoothie with equal
dinner around 6ish: small amount of pasta, small amount of chicken, just alitlle parm, my sodium content is pretty good, I track it on fitday.

Is this better?

Emmy2012
March 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Should I cut out my smoothie? it so helps not cheat I am always starving when I get home from work!

ELP
March 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Ladies just wanted to jump in to say that I practically lived off just buttered white toast with my last 3 girls, it fill's the hole when your startving and has pretty low nutrition, plus it smells gorgeous so you don't feel hard done by!

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 11:43 AM
It looks ok for a sway but I would say start vitamins a few days after... if you do get pregnant you want to have a healthy baby. If you don't get a + then go off the prenatals and continue with the sway.

Glittergirl
March 30th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Ladies just wanted to jump in to say that I practically lived off just buttered white toast with my last 3 girls, it fill's the hole when your startving and has pretty low nutrition, plus it smells gorgeous so you don't feel hard done by!

Sorry to jump in...did you sway with your girls or was that your regular diet?

Glittergirl
March 30th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Everyone should take their folic acid, especially us who sway pink because we don't eat cereals and wholegrain bread that usually has it in there so we really aren't getting the right amount of folic acid in our diet to prevent birth defects!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Everyone should take their folic acid, especially us who sway pink because we don't eat cereals and wholegrain bread that usually has it in there so we really aren't getting the right amount of folic acid in our diet to prevent birth defects!

:prof: What she said!!! Whether it sways pink, blue, or plaid, folic acid is a critical component of every sway.

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 09:31 AM

So my new supps are:
Folic Acid
Vitex 500mg

Tiffany

I think that diet is GREAT! With a diet like that, you can relax and not worry so much about the detaIls - feel free to change it up a little and have toast one day, yogurt the next. I would prob. eliminate the chicken but at the same time, you need to eat SOMETHING and if chicken makes it easier for you to make it through another day, chicken it is!

I would personally cut out the zinc and Vit E and add in a fiber supplement.

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 09:34 AM
Ok so maybe I should take out the green beans? I am only going to eat three times a day...this is my day schedule:

wake up 5am, work at 6:30am
eat lunch between 11-12: small amount of calcium pasta, ms dash, glass of milk
get home at 3:30: non-fat greek yogurt and rasberry smoothie with equal
dinner around 6ish: small amount of pasta, small amount of chicken, just alitlle parm, my sodium content is pretty good, I track it on fitday.

Is this better?

If you are going from 6 PM to noon the next day without eating, you can get away with snacking!

I don't think you need to cut out anything. If you try to cut out too much, it can backfire on you because you end up cheating. Better to eat a little more and stick to it than to try to live on air and end up eating a box of Ding Dongs because your willpower runs a little short one day!