PDA

View Full Version : Does recent surgery sway?

TulleExplosion
March 29th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I know what my issues are, (PCOS and Metformin are my culprits) but I also wonder if having surgery didnt help? I had fibroids removed in May and then they went back in and took out a Dermoid Cyst in early August. I got pregnant in November. The anesthesia effects lasted a good two months (even though my OB insisted that it could not be, reason #42 why I switched to a new one) and it was not easy on my body.

I wonder if that affected the gender? Also, now that these things are removed, are my chances for blue higher?

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I know what my issues are, (PCOS and Metformin are my culprits) but I also wonder if having surgery didnt help? I had fibroids removed in May and then they went back in and took out a Dermoid Cyst in early August. I got pregnant in November. The anesthesia effects lasted a good two months (even though my OB insisted that it could not be, reason #42 why I switched to a new one) and it was not easy on my body.

I wonder if that affected the gender? Also, now that these things are removed, are my chances for blue higher? I'm so sorry you went through this.:HH:
IMHO, it absolutely swayed pink ( anaesthesia twice in a short period of time), and I believe it takes longer than 2 months to get anaesthetic out of your system+ Metformin and there you go!
Your chances to get pg are higher :agree: If I remember well (probably not LOL!), Atomic recommended a book with natural ways to fight PCOS? Have you read it yet?

Zivic-Bubac
March 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hmmm, I've just read on ig that it take only 1 cycle to get anesthetic out of your system. So it was just Metformin then?

TulleExplosion
March 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
The book atomic recommended is in my Amazon cart at the moment, I just dont know if I need to read it NOW, as baby girl #3 is due in July. I will definitely read it when the baby is closer to 7 months or so. I was just wondering, irrespective of my other junk, if surgery sways.

TulleExplosion
March 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hmmm, I've just read on ig that it take only 1 cycle to get anesthetic out of your system
Personally, I do not agree with that. After two surgeries so close in time, I can remember the effects very well. With #1 the surgery was less invasive and the recovery was a lot less painful. Surgery #2 was a completely different animal. I could not drive my car for at least a month a half because I was experiencing extreme exhaustion and vertigo unlike anything I had ever experienced. I researched it online and saw what I was experiencing was not abnormal, although my then OBGYN insisted that the effects would be gone by 2 weeks post surgery. She was covering her bases because my RE agreed with me and told me that residual effects could last a while.

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 09:17 AM
I'll tell you, after my latest birth I had vertigo and high blood pressure for like 6 months afterwards and I KNOW it was because of my epidural.

I think anything that taxes your body probably sways pink to a greater or lesser degree.

You had so many pink factors going for you, I think you have a great shot at your little man in the future! ♥

TulleExplosion
March 31st, 2011, 11:51 AM
AS, the more I read and the more my questions are (very patiently) answered, I realize this peanut had no choice but to be a girl! It makes me very hopeful.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Just like my DS 3! I might as well have been swaying blue! Just know that I think you have a great shot at blue!:cheerteam:

iluvmyman
April 2nd, 2011, 03:52 AM
Uh-oh, will be ttc blue in May and I have general anesthesia April 5th to have my wisdom teeth removed. I know I'll be hyped on the pain meds. Augh, do you think it'll stop being on the boy side if I ttc a couple weeks later?

Zivic-Bubac
April 2nd, 2011, 04:21 AM
Hmmm, that's tricky....Maybe you'll be given some antibiotics too along the way so it will counteract? I know from personal and DH's experience when we had our 3rd molars removed, we were given antibiotics to prevent possible infection.
But if everything else in your diet and lyfestyle is swaying blue, then probably you don't need to worry about local anesthesia? I hope you'll get more answers:luck:

iluvmyman
April 2nd, 2011, 07:17 AM
You are so right! Thanks ZB, you are correct about the antibiotic and I feel so much better.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Uh-oh, will be ttc blue in May and I have general anesthesia April 5th to have my wisdom teeth removed. I know I'll be hyped on the pain meds. Augh, do you think it'll stop being on the boy side if I ttc a couple weeks later?

You know, there is always going to be something that affects your sway - if we all waited for the perfect month to get pregnant, none of us would ever get pregnant!! But if you can wait a month without any dire effects, I would.

The antibiotics will help but if at all possible I would try to do without the pain meds as much as you can.