PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Simpson pregnant

strawberrymom
November 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM
So I'm usually not into all the celebrity stuff but when I heard Jessica Simpson was pregnant with #2 I thought we could have some fun at guessing gender. Her first is a girl,7 months old, who she said she ate a poor diet for. Since giving birth she has been exercising a lot and lost 60+ pounds and is on the weight watchers diet. I'm thinking healthier food choice and added muscle= boy, but also dramatic weight loss... So what are your guesses?

auroara78
November 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I would guess girl since losing weight sways girl and they say supposedly you are more likely to give birth to the same sex child if you get pregnant again quickly (i.e. brittney spears had her two boys close together.) Also, in my honest opinion, having babies really close together seems to sway girl, and my thinking is that it's because your body is still "bouncing" back from pregnancy and the maternal stores are still depleted. I got pregnant 8 months after DS2 was born with my DD and I think for me it really helped my body make a girl.

So my vote is she'll have a girl.

Rosie85
November 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I vote girl as well for the same reasons Auroara stated!

babydust
November 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I vote girl for those very same reasons! :)

prayforprincess
November 29th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Ya, agreed. When I saw she was pregger's I thought girl right away.
Not so sure I believe in all the having another close together stuff (I had 3 boys in 3.5 years) -- but the 1st thing I thought was "wow, she just lost 70 lbs...she's having a girl".
Though, I did not think about the healthy diet and the constant workouts. So maybe, just maybe it could be a boy.
Its a toss up.

hopingforsaskia
November 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
She was probs doing a lot of cardio too though, and that sways girl! I'm voting girl!

lobella2
November 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I vote girl.

Violet_
November 29th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I'm going to say boy. She's possibly eating lots of healthy foods.

Crystal13
November 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I'm going to say boy! I was so jealous when she had a girl (I was just like, so typical that she got a girl) and I can just imagine now she'll get her pigeon pair!

The Anchor
November 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I'm going to guess girl...I went on a dieting frenzy for about 4 months before I conceived my DD

mummypink
November 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I think she is going to have a boy! :)

Yuzu
November 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I'm voting girl just because I have a feeling!

3Pink1Blue
November 30th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I vote girl. She's probably been doing tons of cardio and restricting calories. Even if the calories going in are healthy it still sways girl. Also I got 3 girls doing those very things lol

mariposa
December 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
vote for a girl!! :DD:

lime
January 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I read that she is having a boy!

pebmcpd7
January 18th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah she having boy, so we were all wrong, is swaying really all that. I am so despondent at moment!!!

HopingWishingPraying
January 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM
She could have been eating a mega load of protein and very little carbs though, many dieting people do and that is very different from the LE diet. I got a boy whilst losing weight doing an IG sway, but in hindsight I think I actually probably made my body think times were improving as I had previously just been calorie counting on WW, then switched to the IG diet where I was getting heaps more meat (chicken)and dairy (hence protein) than I normally eat. My body probably thought that my "tribe" had stumbled across a massive chicken farm and a cow and that times were good again. Without knowing what she was eating I don't think we can really say. She may have also been taking all sorts of supplements and if she was previously eating poorly her body may have loved it. Or for all we know she may have done HT - she may only want 2 kids and wanted a PP, she would have the means. I know what you mean about feeling despondent, I always go into a depression every time I see a strong girl sway fail, but in this case we dont know enough - she may have been very far removed from a LE diet. Hope you feel better soon.

coocoobananas
January 19th, 2013, 01:49 AM
She's rich, gorgeous and get one of each?!? Gahhhhh!!;/

3Pink1Blue
January 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
I'm with hopingwishing. The way she's been eating may be dramatically different then before the first baby. Let's also keep in mind that she just came off a pregnancy where she was eating everything she could find. Major feast time and less then 5 months later she was pregnant again. Her body may not have had time to think it was in a famine yet.

True Blue
January 21st, 2013, 01:47 PM
They ARE having a boy :)

prayforprincess
January 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
She definitely did not go ht. That pg was a total surprise as she was in contract to be the spokesmodel for weight watchers.

Let's face it, its a 50/50 everytime no matter what you do. If something is swayed, its not like it would be 80/20 or something -- maybe only 60/40 at best, and I mean best. Any study that shows correlation between diet and gender shows about a 5-8% sway in one direction or the other.
Much of what we get is pure luck, (not that Jessica was the one who needs luck) but its a flip of a coin every time and she just got lucky.

I do agree that her diet was absolutely low calorie (hence losing like 40lbs in the 5 months prior to conceiving) but she was also probably eating extremely healthy which is not her norm. Jessica is known to eat -- well, crap and carb's. Her trainer probably put her on a diet of 1200-1400 calories a day consisting of veggies, lean protein like salmon, and chicken, some fruits and little whole grain carb's.
Even though its low calorie is probably a lot healthier than she has been eating.