PDA

View Full Version : what are you eating?

Atsaukina1
November 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM
So I know a lot of us were on some sort of diet. Boy moms eating a lot better than us girl moms. So are you trying to eat better now? The first thing to go on me to let me know I need to up my nutrients is my gum health. Every prego I start to get the bleeding gums I never get. Now after nursing 4 years straight(nursed through prego, then #3 weaned and onto #4) and now nursing and prego again I know my nutrients are going for everyone else except me lol. I am a major junk foody but am really trying to eat better. I will still have junk but at least will make sure I get the good stuff in first. So share yummy food your eating junk or healthy:)

Atsaukina1
November 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
today so far-
breakfast-2 eggs w/ parmiano reg/aged chedder and salsa, cauliflower sauerkraut salad, and some cucumber slices (folic acid 400mg) emergenC

lunch- banana, broccoli/chedder soup(last night's dinner) bluecorn tortilla chips w/ cottage cheese/salsa (1cap. blend clo/butter)

Mum23boys
November 29th, 2012, 02:46 PM
EVERYTHING !!! HA HA HA

BREAKFAST 7 am - 2 pieces of jam on toast and a cup of normal tea

Snack 9am - A pecan twist danish pastry and a cup of caffeine free coffee

Snack 11am - 2 pieces of Pate on toast ( i know pate isnt strictly allowed )

Lunch 1pm - Ham cheese and salad with mayo wholemeal wrap and a packet of cheese and onion crisps with a glass of diet coke

Snack 3pm - Sweet popcorn and another decaff coffee

Dinner 5.30pm - spaghetti bol ( large ) with parmasan on top and garlic bread with cheese. I added loads f mushrooms to the top of mine as cant cook it with them as dh hates them.
Pudding was a greek yoghurt with peaches and honey - probably only healthy thing ive eaten all day !!

Can u tell Im a boy mum ??? Ha ha

Wishing4Princess
November 29th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Eating healthy..missed it so much.

Breakfast- organic egg over sproutef toast w/ sauteed spinach, fruit bowl of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries:)

Lunch: plain yogurt w. Salad that includes nuts, seeds, dried fruits, fresh veggies

Snack: homemade bomb diggity guacamole w. Homemade pita chips

Dinner: same as lunch w. Added chicken and guac

Snack: fruits

Before bed: 1 cup milk

But lately this isnt keeping me full. Im craving more carbs and cheese.

Wishing4Princess
November 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Im also craving sweets but avoiding. I am trying to hide pregnancy as long as possible.

Atsaukina1
November 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
mum- I am like you an dlove my toast and sweets but I am really trying to change my way of eating for my teeth and my health of course.
wishing- yes I couldn not wait for le diet to be over to get back to healthy fats and protein:)
I have been having avocados daily yummmm and just got some pistachios yesterday oh nuts how I have missed thee lol. I usually do crave more sweets but that I have actually been doing ok.
dinner think I'm gonna make some enhciladas w/ black beans,spinach,cheese and salad and rice to go with

oh and I have looked a lil prego since I had ds4 lol so I think I still do but of course it's that lil bit of belly pudge where you wonder "are they pregnant" but you wouldn't dare ask lol

Pearl327
November 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I am eating everything too.

7:30 granola bar and juice
8:30 2 potato farls with butter and tea
10:00 2 clementines, 1 apple and yogurt
11:30 cup of hot chocolate
1:00 Thai sweet potato and coconut soup with toasted bagel
3:30 2 DR Karg crispbreads
5:00 another crispbread
6:15 refried bean quesadilla with peppers, mushroom and avocado
I will probably have some water biscuits and cheese at 9 before bed

fish2012
November 29th, 2012, 06:14 PM
why did i torture myself by reading this?!

miss you all, glad you're all getting on so well xxx

Atsaukina1
November 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
sorry lol I should put a warning "do not read if on le diet" :)

I lost track after lunch as I had some snacks before dinner
1.5 pieces of toast(1/2 to ds) cinnamon/sugar toast(my sweet tooth fix w/ just a sprinkle of sugar)
matza pizza- lived off of these on le diet but only put my dried parm cheese this time had w/ real parm reg and aged chedder. some more cauliflower sauerkraut

dinner- made what I said blackbean,cheese,spinach,onions and bellpeppers enchiladasx4 and rice(couple T. of ghee)
and some pepp. tea w/ honey
it's only 9 here so who knows I might eat more lol maybe a bowl of cereal idk still stuffed from dinner:)

Mbmk
November 30th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Ice chips :-( the morning sickness is killing me - I can't eat anything :-(

Atsaukina1
November 30th, 2012, 08:05 AM
oh no sorry :( did it start from very beginning or just kick in? are you able to keep any food down?

NearlyDone
November 30th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Haribo tangfantastics............and curry not together tho lol

Atsaukina1
November 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM
what is that?:)
started raiding the fridge when I woke up and finished off the last of enchiladas cold
then had some eggs,rice,cheese(w/ hot sauce of course yummm)=400mg folic
probably will have a banana too

jennaesue
November 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I am craving such horrible foods! BACON! I have been eating egg, bacon & cheese sandwiches almost every day. Also fast food. I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but I am scared to see how much I have gained already. I can't seem to control myself! I am eating everything in sight!

NearlyDone
November 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I got weighed at the midwives yesterday and i weigh the same as i did full term with my son :( totally gone of bacon this time which is odd iv never had aversions except for coffee

Pearl327
November 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Just sitting down now to a glass of mulled fruit punch in place of the wine and my first batch of puff pastry custard mince pies, to watch the Toy Show so that I will be prepared to write my letter to Santa tomorrow :) feeling all Christmassy

Atsaukina1
November 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I am craving such horrible foods! BACON! I have been eating egg, bacon & cheese sandwiches almost every day. Also fast food. I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but I am scared to see how much I have gained already. I can't seem to control myself! I am eating everything in sight!

your body must be craving protein protein right now:) that doesn't sound so bad:)

Atsaukina1
November 30th, 2012, 06:23 PM
lets see after breakfast
ate that banana
lunch- 2 matza pizza(these crackers are just to easy) parm reg cheese and aged chedder, bluecorn chips and cottage cheese and salsa, broccoli chedder soup only have 1 bowl left def. making more yummmm.
then went out shopping. and am ordering some pizza. a big ol veggie one and I am going to chow yummm:)

oh so in the 2ww I didn't stick w/ diet after a couple days so I gained 2 of the 4 lbs I lost(yes I only lost 4 lol but only did it for 5-6 weeks) but I feel/look Like I have gained so much but for some strange reason I have held out at the same weight. I don't stress on weight during prego w/ my boys weighing over 10 most of it is gone when they are born lol

Mbmk
December 3rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
It wasn't morning sickness - it was gastro!! I was shocked that it had come on so quickly and so violently! I'm sure I will get morning sickness as I always have but thankfully not yet - I'm back to eating like a pig again! :-)

Pearl327
December 3rd, 2012, 06:51 AM
Good news mbmk. Hope your morning sickness isn't a quarter as bad as that. Enjoy your food while you can

Atsaukina1
December 3rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
well I've had pizza for days of course w/ some other random food but def. need ot eat some more veg and fruit

NearlyDone
December 3rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
i loved dominos with dd4....i usually have a certain take away craving with each one but not this time

Atsaukina1
December 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
I love pizza anytime lol- this morning got up and started raking up the yard since it beautiful out but had to have my son get me some water cause I was feeling weak. That's what I get for trying to do stuff w/o eating. So breakfast- fried potatoes,eggs, with some jaiper veggies on top(packaged indian food soo yumm and easy) one of these days I am going to look up the recipe so I can make it myself.

Praying4Pink
December 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I too am loving pizza! Pickles and I just ate a whole jar of olives. I probably should go get a gallon of water to balance out all that salt...and another tick in the boy box for me, lol.

Atsaukina1
December 4th, 2012, 03:18 PM
today so far-
3 eggs w/ jaipur veggies and 3 corn tortillas, glass choc milk
lunch- apple, panera bread- veggie sandwhich and greek salad
about to have some salmon egg noodles left over from dinner last night starving-

dinner- didn't feel like much has 2 pieces of toast(pastured butter) oj and butter/clo and a bowl of cheerios around midnight(up cleaning)
actually gagged last night for the first time while brushing my teeth. this happened a lot last prego making it difficult to brush aggg

Praying4Pink
December 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I have been eating grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches for breakfast for the past week.

Pearl327
December 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I hear you prayforpink. I have just made a batch of cheese scones to have for breakfast. I am loving the savoury food this time round but I am a big cheese fan in general

Atsaukina1
December 5th, 2012, 02:28 PM
today-
breakfast 3 quesadillas(corn tortillas,aged cheddar,parm reg.)
3 nori rolls(rice,cucs,peppers,hot sauce) cucumbers, rice and hotsauce
lunch- pb&j, blue corn chips
really want some eggs noodles w/ oo and parm cheese but just got back from park and ma starving so made what was super fast
apple
2 hm pb cookies glass milk(full fat)
dinner eggplant parm and spaghetti,salad

NearlyDone
December 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Sausage, hash browns, beans, mushrooms and toast for breakfast(late breakfast)...some biscuits thru the day and kfc boneless banquet for 1 for tea.......bad diet no wonder im getting fat lol

Mum23boys
December 6th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Today i had:

7.30 - 2 pieces of marmite on taost
9.45 - hot cross bun
11.30 grapes and a banana
1pm 2 rounds of ham and cheese salad sandwiches and a packet of crisps
3pm cheese and crackers
5pm - dinner fajitas
7.30pm cheese mayo and salad wrap wit some corn chips and humous dip.

Hoping to fall asleep before i get hungry again !!! ha ha - I usually have a hot choc before bed wit milk to help ease any rumbles

Praying4Pink
December 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Today I had:

Breakfast: 2 breakfast burritos and a half of a hash brown for
Snack 1: Apples and grapes
Lunch: Fried chicken wings and fries
Snack 2: carrot cake
Dinner: The jury is still out but hoping for baked chicken and veggies

P.S. Nearly your diet looks great compared to mine. It's no wonder I am getting fat :rofl:

Atsaukina1
December 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
oooh hashbrowns yummmm i love anything potatoes lol
today-
cherrios, 1.5 bananas,big bowl baby romaine greens w/ honey mustard dressing
cin/sugar toast
early nap-
noodles w/ butter,oo,parm
1/2 pb$j,applesauce(unsweetened) glass oj

oooh mum - corn chips i was grubbing on those after bfp need to go by some more fritos:)

got some corn chips at the store whoohoo:) wanted ice cream but mine wasn't on sale and I only buy it on sale boo:(
dinner lazy night so frozen foods- tators tots,jalepeno poppers, and grilled cheese on rye, choc milk,1/2 banana(my son likes to open tme and then not eat them all lol)

Atsaukina1
December 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
fritos for breakfast lol
just junk today
taco bell 2 bean burritos and empanada
rye bread toast w/ butter
more fritos-

Praying4Pink
December 7th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Breakfast: grilled cheese with cheddar AGAIN! Grits with sausage gravy.
Lunch:Pepperoni bread and hot wings
Snack: applesauce and mango spears
Dinner: hamburger and fries :-/

Pearl327
December 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Mmmm. Just had leftover dominos pizza for breakfast

NearlyDone
December 8th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Lol snap pearl..pepperoni passion lol

Praying4Pink
December 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah Pearl! A woman after my own heart!

Breakfast: leftover pepperoni bread
Snack: mango
Lunch: turkey and Colby cheese sandwich
Snack: 10 sour cream and onion Pringles and 1/2 pb&j sandwich
Dinner: BBQ ribs and pulled pork

Pearl327
December 8th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I am just home after Christmas night out with my girlfriends at an Italian restaurant. So yet more pizza for me today. The Italian theme will continue tomorrow as I have ciabatta and caponata for lunch tomorrow.

Atsaukina1
December 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
love italian food:)
this mornijg got up and did yoga as my back was hurting so bad then had a green smoothie(orange,spinach,strawberries,hemp milk)
rye bread toast
eggs and 4 corn tortillas
more toast(my stomach has just been feeling cruddy)
some tator tots
and some ymm basil tofu and rice from tai restaraunt
oh and several no bake cookies throughout the day lol
want icecream need to get someone to drive:)
oh and bowl of rice chex

Pearl327
December 10th, 2012, 08:00 AM
My meals for today
Blueberry porridge with cinnamon sugar made with super milk & glass blood orange juice
Packet of belvita breakfast biscuits and cup of tea
3 clementines
Leftover caponata and crusty bread for lunch
Organic peach yogurt & 2 dr Karg crispbreads ( pumpkin seed & cheese)
Gnocchi alla sorrentina with peppers in the sauce. Just to remind me of the lovely holiday we had in sorrento and Capri when I was pregnant with DD
Most likely some hot chocolate and mince pies before bed

Atsaukina1
December 10th, 2012, 08:45 AM
uggg my stomach just hurts all the time so I try to eat to make it feel better but of course that never works- its early here so just had a piece of cinn. raison bread
we'll see if I have enough energy to make real food might be cereal for me and the kids

Praying4Pink
December 10th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Breakfast: Grilled Cheddar Cheese Sandwich, 1 scrambled Egg, 2 sausage patties. Tried to stomach some iced down OJ but made my tummy hurt.
Lunch: 3 tacos and 2 churros
Snack: 1 little cutie (orange)
Dinner: chicken of some sort and hopefully a salad.

NearlyDone
December 11th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Iv started filling up really quickly.......cant finish a meal......this is usually a girl sign for me so this week im back at girl lol

Mum23boys
December 11th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Iv started filling up really quickly.......cant finish a meal......this is usually a girl sign for me so this week im back at girl lol

I wish i felt like that - I could eat a scabby horse right now and all day long infact.

So far this morning ive had

7am 2 pieces of toast and jam
8.30am 2 hot cross buns toasted with butter
10.15 - a pecan and toffee danish swirl

Its only 10.30 am !!! I literally want dry carby stuff like crisps, bread, buns, pastries. The thought of fruit, yoghurts ets just does not appeal thoug i did force myself to eat some grapes last night and I am making sure i drink freshly squeezed fruit juices to get some goodness into me.

Lunch will probably be a cheese salad mayo wrap and some crisps

Pearl327
December 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Mmmmmm cinnamon raisin bread. Pearl makes mental note to pick some up on the way home from work.

Mum23 sweet carby foods was all I wanted with DD. I was a cake monster. Let's hope this is a good sign for you.

This morning again was blueberry porridge with super milk and a glass of OJ. I am trying to have a healthy breakfast

I was then in training in work from 9 till 11. Starving when I came out. Just had a mug of tea and 3 dr kargs

I am having a baked potato with cheese and beet root and ginger chutney for lunch

I have yogurt and fruit for my afternoon snack

I think dinner tonight will be a bean burger, coleslaw, tomato and oven chips as DH is helping his BIL finish off their nursery and I will be cooking for 1 as well as trying to stop DD pulling the Christmas tree down on top of herself

NearlyDone
December 11th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I just had a full english.......the full feeling seems to be an evening thing even if iv not eaten much so going to try and eat a big breakfast/lunch from now on......i love food hate not being able to indulge but as im already a stone up :/ (at booking) i guess its a good thing

Atsaukina1
December 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
uggg why do we do this to ourselves lol lucky babies are soo cute and lovelable:)
today feeliing like oh so much crap-
banana,2 egg burritos,oj
lunch panera bread(mediterrian veggie sandwhich and greek salad)
vanilla ice cream
2 crackers
keep thinking food will give me energy or make me feel better but it never does-can we fast foward to 2nd trimester lol

dinner was lots double servings of everything salad,salmon pasta,spinach bites
don't know what I had inbetween lunch and dinner sure it was something lol
oh apple and few strawberries

Mum23boys
December 12th, 2012, 05:11 AM
OMG GIRLS ITS 10am and I am sat here with a jacket spud with tuna and salad cream !>?! WTF ???
I needed something warm to eat and i saw the spuds and just couldnt stop myself !!!

Pearl327
December 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Ha ha mum, you did the right thing going for it. I have a part baked one in the fridge in work waiting for lunch time. I wish I had salad cream for it though. I love that stuff. I am munching my way through a tub of celebrations at the min. There are too many sweets in the office this time of year.

Atsaukina1
December 12th, 2012, 09:21 AM
what is salad cream lol.
9:20 am here and I had a vit c drink w/ potatoes,eggs,and corn tortillas(of course w/ hotsauce on top :)

Tiggerian
December 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Salad cream is like a low fat condiment type of thing. Often used to replace dressing or mayonnaise.

Pearl327
December 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Salad cream is a nicer version of the American Miracle Whip. It is made from vinegar, oil, eggs, cream and spices so definitely not a low fat option

Mum23boys
December 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
OMG You havent had salad cream - i love it with chips, potatoes, cheese ..... I should post you some over.

Atsaukina1
December 12th, 2012, 11:40 AM
omg I'm gonna gag lol sorry I'm prego I have an exuse:) I eat a lil mayo on my sandwhiches spread very thin or in egg salad or salmon salad(salmon,mayo,sweet relish) in sandwhich. otherwise I am not a mayo person. I remeber when I went to Malta and the fries came w/ a big glob of mayo like we would have ketsup lol maybe that was salad cream :) I didn't eat it though:)

mum- just re-read you tuna meal and kinda sounds like my salmon salad but I always eat canned salmon instead of tuna:)

mmmm now I want an egg salad sandwhich on rye:)

never did get my egg salad sandwhich lol but for dinner I had slice of pizza, amy's frozen food- veggie enchilada w/ rice and beans. then a donut and coffee crumb cheesecake (about 1/2 a container lol about 40fat grams take that le diet lol) some milk

Mum23boys
December 12th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Well ive just demolished 3 fish fingers and 6 potatoe animals that were accidentally "over" cooked in terms of amount for the kids dinner so I just had to eat them rather than let them go to waste - DH will be ome in an hour and i cant wait for dinner im still famished - I swear im turning into a human dustbin !!!

NearlyDone
December 12th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Todays list is huge :/
breakfast was 3 hash browns, 3 sausages, beans, toast and mushrooms
2 cadbury xmas choc cakes and a muller corner yoghurt
dinner was a huge roast chicken dinner
and iv just had an aunt bessies rhubarb crumble(for 2 but i ate it alone) with carte dor vanilla icecream.stuffed now lol

Pearl327
December 13th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Went to MickyD's this morning and had 2 egg & cheese muffins, they were so good that I think they will be a regular occurance this weekend. Well a homemade egg & cheese combo, not McD's

cvd
December 13th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Went to MickyD's this morning and had 2 egg & cheese muffins, they were so good that I think they will be a regular occurance this weekend. Well a homemade egg & cheese combo, not McD's

Pearl. McDs breaky has been a love of mine this pregnancy. I love they're BLT bagel. On whole grain and pick half the bacon off to make it a little healthier hehe cause I was eating about 2-3 a week!!!! LOL yum. Now since I'm just waking up, I may have to go get one. It's been a while :)

Atsaukina1
December 13th, 2012, 08:32 AM
do they use real eggs? I always wondered how they got their egg like that lol.
well it's only 8 here so haven't had breakfast but got up and got a donut and some milk
i used to love mcd's hashbrowns years ago but haven't eaten there in over 10 years.

Pearl327
December 13th, 2012, 09:01 AM
The eggs in the mcmuffins are real eggs. Just broken into a metal circle on a hot plate. The scrambled eggs come out of a carton like milk. I wouldn't be into that. I used to work in mcD for 6 months during college, so I have the inside info.

Atsaukina1
December 13th, 2012, 01:37 PM
that's funny they use 2 diff. eggs. thanks for the inside info:)

today woke up had donut and milk then some rice chex cereal,1.5 bagel with cream cheese(full fat not that nasty ff stuff i had on le diet lol)
lunch- lots of cheezits,about 5 cookies, quesadilla w/ avocado,hotsauce) more milk-

Mum23boys
December 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Today:
Breakfast 7am bowl of frosties
8.45 - 2 pieces of jam on toast
10.45 strawberries, grapes, satsuma, apple
12 - cheese salad bagel with salad cream
2 2 sausages dipped in brown sauce
4.30 - packet of prawn crackers
7pm - tomatoe soup and 3 slices of buttered bread

Atsaukina1
December 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM
lots of crackers today some w/ pb some w/ cheese
french toast,raison bread and really want some fruit loops cereal and I never ever buy sweet junk cereal

weeziewoozles
December 19th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Lots! It is so nice to be able to eat anything I fancy again! Am definitely eating too many crisps, biscuits and chocolate, but also eating big veggie stews, beef chili and rice, sausages and veggies, good old British Fish and Chips with mushy peas and a Beck's Blue (YUMMY!), and loving being able to have tuna/mackerel/avocadoes with my ryvitas at lunchtime! This thread is making me hungry! :)