PDA

View Full Version : My Girl Swaying Diet While Breastfeeding!!!

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I will be breastfeeding 4 times a day, eating far less fats/salts/protein then I have ever in my life, walking to loose weight, and yes trying for a girl!!!

6-8am Pre-Breakfast
1 cup of coffee, lots of aspartame, and coffee-mate. 2 ½ cups of Crystal Light with RO water.
9am Breakfast
Smootie ½ cup of Rice cereal, ½ cup of homemade rice milk, ¼ cup each of strawberries and raspberries mixed with ½ Greek yogurt and aspartame.
11am Pre-Lunch
2 ½ cups of Crystal Light with RO water
12pm Lunch
2 cups of Spring salad. A few each of baby carrots, sweet peas, and a little hand full of alfafa and bean sprouts. With 1tbsp of sesame seeds, 1tbsp Greek yogurt, and 1 hardboiled egg mixed well and used for dressing.
2pm Pre-Snack
3pm Snack
Cottage cheese with aspartame
5pm Pre-Dinner
6pm Dinner
EITHER… Vegan chili with a few beans, Vegan soup, Or pasta with veggies and butter.
8pm Before Bed

Vitamins and Herbs Herbs and most vitamins in the morning but the Calcium/Mag/Cran is taken 1/2 morn 1/2 night. Calcium (citrate) – 2,000mg, Magnesium – 400mg, Cranberry – 1,600mg, Vitamin C - 500mg, Vitamin A – 8000IU, Vitamin E – 400 IU, B6 – 100mg, Folic acid – 800mcg, Raspberry Leaf – 920mg for baby oven health, Saw Palmetto – 320mg, and Vitex – 400mg. May reconsider or change amounts to see how they are working.

Anything I should add our take out???

Coccinelle33
March 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
i would try and stay away from the tomatoes and not eat as many beans. im a veg and i have always been big on beans and tomatoes and have 4 boys. they say not to eat either of them while swaying pink. i have ate them bote here and there in the past few months though. i think everything else should pretty good. im trying to stay away from all vitamins besides calcium and mag and im so not sure how i feel about those.

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Ok Thank you I will change that...... as for the vitamins I know so far they are lowering my ph everytime I up the amount. I had a very high 8+ cm ph and now it has been at 5.8 for a week and that is without the diet change.

pretty in pink
March 30th, 2011, 04:47 PM
aww interesting I am also breastfeeding and I had it in my mind that it swayed boy? my boy is 9 months at min and thinking i will feed for a little longer ........

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Most people say it sways girl but I am not breastfeeding to sway it was just my wish to continue until he was 2... DS1 was put on cows milk at 12mths and he is allergic to dairy and soy so we decided that DS2 would be BF until 2 and then we will see if he has the same prpblem.

pretty in pink
March 30th, 2011, 05:12 PM
really it is said to sway girl ? Horray! I was also hoping to feed ds3 till he wants to stop and imagined that that might be till 2 . I was feeling worried that i would feel i had to stop because i wanted to ttc a girl and felt quite guilty about that. only thing is tracking your cycle i guess? My periods have not come back yet though . have yours and are you tracking ovulation?

purplepoet20
March 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Mine cameback when DS2 was 10mths.... it has been hard but not bad. I have used an Ovucue Monitor w/vag sensor because it is the only one that said it works with nursing moms, has better results, and I don't need to buy test strips for the mth or year. Was $350 but that was ok for us. I have used it for one mth so far and learn that my body has symptoms when I ovulate.

Several people are saying to take Vitex and so far my son has not shown any reaction so it seems safe to me. Also set times for BF and try to wait till he is at 4 times a day and your body will start MS again.

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 10:21 AM
aww interesting I am also breastfeeding and I had it in my mind that it swayed boy? my boy is 9 months at min and thinking i will feed for a little longer ........

While both boys and girls are conceived while breastfeeding, biologically it has effects on the body that overall seem to sway slightly pink.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2200-swaying-while-breastfeeding&highlight=swaying+breastfeeding

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Even if people say it sways pink or boy I think other factor should be noted... while nursing a baby you can't just get up and eat right away because the "my" babies wake up at 6am and after nursing and making them breakfast I am lucky to eat my 9am anyways - girl factor. When nursing stops and a sippy cup is used it is easier to eat a little early by 7-8am normally cereal or bagel shared with toddler - boy factor. So BFing while sway is a possible 1% for girl!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
I will be breastfeeding 4 times a day, eating far less fats/salts/protein then I have ever in my life, walking to loose weight, and yes trying for a girl!!!

6-8am Pre-Breakfast
1 cup of coffee, lots of aspartame, and coffee-mate. 2 ½ cups of Crystal Light with RO water.
9am Breakfast
Smootie ½ cup of Rice cereal, ½ cup of homemade rice milk, ¼ cup each of strawberries and raspberries mixed with ½ Greek yogurt and aspartame.
11am Pre-Lunch
12pm Lunch
2 cups of Spring salad. A few each of baby carrots, sweet peas, and a little hand full of alfafa and bean sprouts. With 1tbsp of sesame seeds, 1tbsp Greek yogurt, and 1 hardboiled egg mixed well and used for dressing.
2pm Pre-Snack
3pm Snack
Cottage cheese with aspartame
5pm Pre-Dinner
6pm Dinner
EITHER… Vegan chili with a few beans, Vegan soup, Or pasta with veggies and butter.
8pm Before Bed

Vitamins and Herbs Herbs and most vitamins in the morning but the Calcium/Mag/Cran is taken 1/2 morn 1/2 night. Calcium (citrate) – 2,000mg, Magnesium – 400mg, Cranberry – 1,600mg, Vitamin C - 500mg, Vitamin A – 8000IU, Vitamin E – 400 IU, B6 – 100mg, Folic acid – 800mcg, Raspberry Leaf – 920mg for baby oven health, Saw Palmetto – 320mg, and Vitex – 400mg. May reconsider or change amounts to see how they are working.

Anything I should add our take out???

I like your diet! Do be careful to limit the protein, even the protein in peas and beans adds up quick.

You are really getting a LOT of nutrients through supplements and you may want to consider cutting back or eliminating some of them.

Why are you taking so much Vit A? That is WAY more than is recommended for anyone and that level could make you really sick and cause birth defects. I would cut that back for sure (even if you change nothing else) because it isn't safe.

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 12:04 PM
Ok so I will try to shorten this story.... As a baby my mom never vacc. us and also gave us low-fat milk from 3mths and up, she didn't want us to get fat, and also Cali would issue a check to parents who didn't use their medical $3,400 a year. So at 18mth and 16 lbs I got a really bad case of German Measles and spent 6mths in the Peds ICU. Because of being sick, underweight, and on a poor low fat diet the Dr ran extra test... I was dangerously low on vitamin D, iron, and a few others. For 2 days they gave me a vitamin drip with the amounts that I would need at that age and retested me but noticed it only went up a little. After a lovely biopsy of my insides they learned that because I was never on a healthy diet my body failed to learn to absorb these vitamins and would only eliminate them. So I was put on higher doses of vitamins and foods were added to my diet. I started to do better with growing, over all health, and was released from the hospital the day before my 2nd birthday...... Wait this story gets better...... in 2004 during a really bad rain storm I decided to be nice to my moms poor dogs and bring them inside. On the way back and 8ft from the front door a bolt of lightning grazed the top of my head. Part of my head was burned, I couldn't hear or see for 2 days, and I was in a lot of pain. Of course my mother being the best mom in the world put me in bed and left me for 2mths. My stepdad did bring food, water, and icepacks. When my brother heard what happened he flew from Hawaii to AZ to take me to the Dr. After many wonderful test we learned that the part of my head that was hit was the optic area. My eyes went from deep blue to hazel, I am blind in 1/4 of my left eye, and I can not see at all if any lights hit my left eye. The fever I had for 2mths did affect me and caused a lot of digestive issues and I am lucky to absorb 20% of my daily vitamin/mineral intake so I have to take in extra. I was told that I would not be able to have kids because my ovaries were not fuctioning at the time and Vitamin A 8,000mg was giving to me for the vision but also for reproductive and after a year I started to ovulate and 1mth before the 3year anniversy I got pregnant.

Eating a lot of food is one way of getting that extra boost and my body is doing better with every Dr's visit. I can tell by how my body feels if I need something and I know my limits. My Dr will be testing me every 2wks while I sway, so no worries! And for those who are wondering in June 2006 I was finally feeling better and I left my mothers house and have not seen her since and my kids will never know her.

My older brother also had fertility issues from the lovely low fat childhood diet and he was given high amounts of vitamin A and now he has 2 girls and 1 boy conceived naturally.

Janed
March 31st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ok so I will try to shorten this story.... As a baby my mom never vacc. us and also gave us low-fat milk from 3mths and up, she didn't want us to get fat, and also Cali would issue a check to parents who didn't use their medical $3,400 a year. So at 18mth and 16 lbs I got a really bad case of German Measles and spent 6mths in the Peds ICU. Because of being sick, underweight, and on a poor low fat diet the Dr ran extra test... I was dangerously low on vitamin D, iron, and a few others. For 2 days they gave me a vitamin drip with the amounts that I would need at that age and retested me but noticed it only went up a little. After a lovely biopsy of my insides they learned that because I was never on a healthy diet my body failed to learn to absorb these vitamins and would only eliminate them. So I was put on higher doses of vitamins and foods were added to my diet. I started to do better with growing, over all health, and was released from the hospital the day before my 2nd birthday...... Wait this story gets better...... in 2004 during a really bad rain storm I decided to be nice to my moms poor dogs and bring them inside. On the way back and 8ft from the front door a bolt of lightning grazed the top of my head. Part of my head was burned, I couldn't hear or see for 2 days, and I was in a lot of pain. Of course my mother being the best mom in the world put me in bed and left me for 2mths. My stepdad did bring food, water, and icepacks. When my brother heard what happened he flew from Hawaii to AZ to take me to the Dr. After many wonderful test we learned that the part of my head that was hit was the optic area. My eyes went from deep blue to hazel, I am blind in 1/4 of my left eye, and I can not see at all if any lights hit my left eye. The fever I had for 2mths did affect me and caused a lot of digestive issues and I am lucky to absorb 20% of my daily vitamin/mineral intake so I have to take in extra. I was told that I would not be able to have kids because my ovaries were not fuctioning at the time and Vitamin A 8,000mg was giving to me for the vision but also for reproductive and after a year I started to ovulate and 1mth before the 3year anniversy I got pregnant.

Eating a lot of food is one way of getting that extra boost and my body is doing better with every Dr's visit. I can tell by how my body feels if I need something and I know my limits. My Dr will be testing me every 2wks while I sway, so no worries! And for those who are wondering in June 2006 I was finally feeling better and I left my mothers house and have not seen her since and my kids will never know her.

My older brother also had fertility issues from the lovely low fat childhood diet and he was given high amounts of vitamin A and now he has 2 girls and 1 boy conceived naturally.

Goodness! I don't even know what to say about all of this but I am glad you are okay!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Wow I am so thankful you are here to tell the tale!

Your own personal health history and issues has to come first always and taking in extra nutrients for you makes all the sense in the world! I'm sorry if I dredged up any painful issues for you.

Wishing you the very best!!

purplepoet20
March 31st, 2011, 02:44 PM
I know someone that works at the Grand Canyon who was hit 13 times and he is still working there!!!

I have learned the best way for me to heal from the things my mother did (and sadly others) that my children come first. Making sure they never suffer, are happy and healthy, and most important educated on "parenting skills"... To break the cycle is hard but knowing they will not hurt their kids is rewarding. My in-laws are wonderful people and have step in as parenting role models, they spoil the kids enough for a dozen grandparents, and I am very happy to have them in my life. My real father is somewhat involved but he has always been a withdrawn person because of his childhood trauma so my kids have only seen him a few times.

I do suffer from the affects of somethings but writing and my kids help. I have written down most of my life and a lot of poetry, and someday I will ask my kids to read it and hope they understand what abuse does to a child and the lifelong affects it has. I may even see if I can get it published someday. I am never ashaned or afraid to talk about it because maybe it would help someone else to be a better parent.

Out of the Blue
April 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
First off, let me just say HUGS, PP! I'm so sorry you've gone through all of that. I know you will be a better Mama for it. I really, REALLY hope you get your girl!

Regarding Vitamin A intake in general (for anyone), as long as the Vit. A comes from a plant based source (non-animal), large amounts of it won't be bad at all and your only result will be an orange color to your skin. Animal-derrived Vit A in large amounts is "no bueno" and very dangerous.

Even if people say it sways pink or boy I think other factor should be noted... while nursing a baby you can't just get up and eat right away because the "my" babies wake up at 6am and after nursing and making them breakfast I am lucky to eat my 9am anyways - girl factor. When nursing stops and a sippy cup is used it is easier to eat a little early by 7-8am normally cereal or bagel shared with toddler - boy factor. So BFing while sway is a possible 1% for girl!

Got a quick question...You infer that eating later sways girl while eating early breakfast sways boy...Is there actually something to the time you eat that sways or is it just that theoretically a reduction in overall cals would sway girl? I hope this question makes sense. I'm really curious b/c I eat most of my cals by 1pm (starting w/a kale/cranberry/blueberry/Raw Meal smoothie by 06:30). Is eating so soon really swaying boy?...YIKES! I keep my overall cals low and have the remaining 25% of them after 1pm.

Thanks and TONS of PINK DUST! :cheer:

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
I have read some stuff that suggests large dosages supplementary Vit. A, even if it's beta carotene, may not be a good idea esp. when TTC due to the birth defect factor. Vitamin A from ingesting fruits and vegetables is ok, it's only the supplements you ahve to watch out for (and obviously this does not apply to you Purple.) Obviously I have to be highly conservative on the advice I give so everyone should def. educate themselves and draw their own conclusions!!

The reason why skipping breakfast seems to sway pink is because it gives you a nice long run of time without any caloric intake and since you're sleeping through a lot of it, you're not totally miserable the whole time. Both reducing calories and for blood sugar purposes, it helps, and people seem to have an easier time sticking to it than some other methods. But there is nothing magic about breakfast - you can skip lunch or dinner or none of the above and just reduce overall calories and it will still have the same result. It's the less calories and lower blood sugar that you want, skipping breakfast is a means to that end that tends to work for people. But if something different works for you, go for it!

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 12:20 PM
I know someone that works at the Grand Canyon who was hit 13 times and he is still working there!!!

I have learned the best way for me to heal from the things my mother did (and sadly others) that my children come first. Making sure they never suffer, are happy and healthy, and most important educated on "parenting skills"... To break the cycle is hard but knowing they will not hurt their kids is rewarding. My in-laws are wonderful people and have step in as parenting role models, they spoil the kids enough for a dozen grandparents, and I am very happy to have them in my life. My real father is somewhat involved but he has always been a withdrawn person because of his childhood trauma so my kids have only seen him a few times.

I do suffer from the affects of somethings but writing and my kids help. I have written down most of my life and a lot of poetry, and someday I will ask my kids to read it and hope they understand what abuse does to a child and the lifelong affects it has. I may even see if I can get it published someday. I am never ashaned or afraid to talk about it because maybe it would help someone else to be a better parent.

They say that "you have two chances to have a happy family, one is when you're a child and the other is when you're a parent!" Good for you and also your in-laws for being there for you. ♥♥♥

purplepoet20
April 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks Everyone!!! I suddenly feel like I have sisters, my 3 sisters are not supportive about anything. One of my sisters who only wants to have one child and a girl doesn't support genderswaying saying I will hate my boys and treat them differently... like that will ever happen just the other day we bought some bubble guns and had a big bubble fight :) not to mention the emergency walmart visit to get a new Woody because the other one lost his legs (cheap plastic one) James crying while kissing the legs didn't make it better. If I had a girl she wouldn't be as spoiled... I hate most of the girl toys except barbie and strawberry shortcake. Yes my kids are spoiled with toys, books, dvd's, and food. But they also get dancing morning, tickle time, story hour, 2hrs of outside time, and plenty of cuddle time.

Out of the Blue
April 4th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I have read some stuff that suggests large dosages supplementary Vit. A, even if it's beta carotene, may not be a good idea esp. when TTC due to the birth defect factor. Vitamin A from ingesting fruits and vegetables is ok, it's only the supplements you ahve to watch out for (and obviously this does not apply to you Purple.) Obviously I have to be highly conservative on the advice I give so everyone should def. educate themselves and draw their own conclusions!!

Well said, Atomic. It is always best be cautious and do your homework. Anytime I hear the word "supplements", I cringe b/c they can be very dangerous - you don't know the actual sources which could have a big difference and the dosages could also be incorrect - it definitely happens. In addition, over time, taking supps inhibits your body from getting vitamins from food if taken too often which then makes you rely on supps in addition to food. While a bit extreme, it is more common than people think, especially these days when people often think the more supps they take, the healthier they are. IMHO the healthiest way to get what you need is to find it in it's natural source (i.e. whole foods). I would not want anyone to take Vit A (or any other type of vitamins) lightly, especially when making a baby. I don't consume any animal products (except adding low/non-fat dairy for the girl sway) and get my Vities from food. My OB said I'm fine as long as it's from actual plant based food (carrots, sweet potatos, etc.) it's okay but Vit A from an animal source (including supps) is NOT good. I've done my homework for me but make sure you do yours for yourself! Wowzuhs...so sorry about that tangent...:oops:

The reason why skipping breakfast seems to sway pink is because it gives you a nice long run of time without any caloric intake and since you're sleeping through a lot of it, you're not totally miserable the whole time. Both reducing calories and for blood sugar purposes, it helps, and people seem to have an easier time sticking to it than some other methods. But there is nothing magic about breakfast - you can skip lunch or dinner or none of the above and just reduce overall calories and it will still have the same result. It's the less calories and lower blood sugar that you want, skipping breakfast is a means to that end that tends to work for people. But if something different works for you, go for it!

Thanks so much for clarifying this! I'm definitely trying to reduce my cals a bit (just a bit though since I'm pretty small) and it's waaaaaay easier for me to skip dinner than it is breakfast. I can see how skipping breakfast would be easier for most, though. Thx!:Flower:

Out of the Blue
April 4th, 2011, 09:39 AM
:sad:
Thanks Everyone!!! I suddenly feel like I have sisters, my 3 sisters are not supportive about anything. One of my sisters who only wants to have one child and a girl doesn't support genderswaying saying I will hate my boys and treat them differently... like that will ever happen just the other day we bought some bubble guns and had a big bubble fight :) not to mention the emergency walmart visit to get a new Woody because the other one lost his legs (cheap plastic one) James crying while kissing the legs didn't make it better. If I had a girl she wouldn't be as spoiled... I hate most of the girl toys except barbie and strawberry shortcake. Yes my kids are spoiled with toys, books, dvd's, and food. But they also get dancing morning, tickle time, story hour, 2hrs of outside time, and plenty of cuddle time.

You're a GREAT MAMA, regardless of gender! Sorry your sisters aren't supportive...:sad: Don't take any of it to heart...I'm pretty sure we know you and the situation better than they do and swaying is the best for you. We're in this together, regardless of the struggles & results. We support you! Hugs!:hugs:

purplepoet20
April 5th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Big major revision coming soon my blood sugar dropped so low that I could barely test my blood, good thing hubby was home last night...... I may not be able to do most of the girl diet and just have to rely on the other stuff and a few slight diet changes. I will post again soon!

purplepoet20
April 6th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Anyone who is wondering Aspartame is being reduced to just what is in the crystal light, no coffee a mth before attemp, and some of the food has to be taken out for tastebuds. I will be eating protein because of breastfeeding but I am going to spread it out and thinking of adding more fruit.

DoulaMama
April 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Anyone who is wondering Aspartame is being reduced to just what is in the crystal light, no coffee a mth before attemp, and some of the food has to be taken out for tastebuds. I will be eating protein because of breastfeeding but I am going to spread it out and thinking of adding more fruit.

I hope you're feeling better! I think I'll be doing the same thing(as I'm still nursing as well)as yourself. I can't totally cut out breakfast either or I get very sick. I'm going to slowly push it back over the next 2 months before I start my diet.

purplepoet20
April 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I have been pushing breakfast out as far as I can... I am up at 5am so about 9am is as far as I can go. Also if I make plans for the day they are normally around 9 or 10 so I need to eat before I go so I don't eat fast food or junk. I did post a new plan.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 11:32 AM

It is funny because I will always be thankful for my GD because I have made such good friendships through all this! Hang in there, I have found more support from my online friends in the three years I have known them than from my family for my whole life!!

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I have been pushing breakfast out as far as I can... I am up at 5am so about 9am is as far as I can go. Also if I make plans for the day they are normally around 9 or 10 so I need to eat before I go so I don't eat fast food or junk. I did post a new plan.

No, I think that's a fine plan. First and foremost is your health and you may not need to push it anywhere near as hard as another person, because you're already dealing with your own health challenges anyway.