PDA

View Full Version : First day tracking on Fit day and I am more confused then ever! HELP please! LOL

Emmy2012
March 30th, 2011, 07:42 PM
This is where I am so far...this is what I have ate and what Fitday says my stats are:
Lunch: calcium pasta, 2 glasses of non-fat organic milk
Dinner: calcium pasta, organic no salt chicken, organic green beans parm, no salt butter
2 16ozs of perrier water flavored with CL

Calories:980
Fat: 15
Carbs: 152
Protien: 65

Sodium:407.5
Calcium: 2200
Mag: 200
Potassium 1433

So I am low on salt and potassium, high on calcium...what do I do! Am I too high on protien? I so love my chicken do I need to take it out? How can I get more potassium without the other nutrients? I am so confused! LOL

Emmy2012
March 31st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Ok I think I am going to take out my pasta at lunch to lower my calcium some since I am so high on that. I will do 2 slices of low sodium bread and my milk. Then maybe have some strawberries as a snack? That could give me potassium without the calcium? Waht do you ladies think. Am I ok being this low in potassium and high in calcium?
Thanks for any help ladies, I love you guys here, so helpful!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 01:09 PM
I swear I answered this??? I must have read it and gotten interrupted! I"m sorry!

To lower your calcium you can always replace the calcium pasta with rice or low sodium bread instead.

To up your salt intake you can always just salt your food and I think strawberries or craisins as a snack for some potassium is a great idea.

Being low in potassium is NEVER a good idea. You can DIE from it. Even if you have to eat more fruits and veg, you need to keep the potassium in the safe zone. Fruit and veg really don't sway as much as some other things so if you have to fill in any gaps, I would go with them. Even a banana a day will not hurt your sway (the only reason why they are "boy" foods is because of their potassium, there is nothing magical about them...if you need more potassium, a banana could def. be a smart choice).

You are eating very low cal and at that caloric intake, you can get away with the protein in the chicken. I would aim for 40 grams a day and if chicken is something you enjoy, eat chicken. EVen if you go over a bit on the protein, eating 980 calories is going to be swaying pink because you will be losing muscle.

Good luck!!