PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinking of Names yet ?

Mum23boys
December 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM
Would love to hear your ideas.
We have sooooo many gorgeous girls names but NO boys names at all - had same problem with ds2 and 3

Mrs_P
December 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
we have one girl name just in case we are ever lucky enough to use it as for boys absolutely nothing....

ds1 we went through all the names we liked and chose
ds2 i didn't want a reject name from ds1 so armed with numerous books we looked at everything we hadn't considered last time.
ds3 gutted he was a boy and had no names at all - we let ds1 choose, once we persuaded him against mario (super mario) he picked one we both quite liked ish but it suits him and he did a better job than we were managing!

if this is a boy - no idea - Ds4 is looking promising for now although i think the naming lady might have a problem with that!

My back up boy name has always been Charlie - in case we thought of nothing we like better but i'm not very keen on it and my dads dog had that name so always make me think of a labrador!

What ideas do you have for either?

Mum23boys
December 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Girls we have loads - a few we both like - a few only I like and a few only james likes !!!

We have always had Amy since 2003 when we found out we were expecting ds1. still both like it.

I like Sidney (sydney) charlotte, emily, faye, erin sydney and Erin are my favourites

James likes Lily, Amber, Lexi, Beau

We both like Amy and Amelie ( could be Amy for short)

Boys DS 1 was always going to be a charlie or Oliver and we changed our mind the week before he was due.
DS2 never had a name until i was in labour and DH came home from football talking about another player called Ellis and it stuck in my head so we went with that
DS 3 was always going to be Finley or Finlay but when he was born i decided it didnt suit him so we settled on Liam and the other boys chose his middle name ( Thomas ) - after thomas the tank !!!

I think if its a 4th boy I will have no choice but to name it James after DH as he was names after his dad James who was named after his dad James so there is DH, FIL, DH grandad all with the name james so kind of makes me feel we need to carry it on but I dont like the name.... BUT if there is no other name i like either it might just have to do.

Mum23boys
December 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM
I also like Stephanie but its too long we prefer shorter names that cant really be shortened to nicknames we dont like.

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Theodore Raymond is my babies name :-)

Cinss
December 1st, 2012, 05:46 PM
I think its easier to come up with girl names, we had Lexie for my first pregnancy but i lost that one and it didnt seem right to use it again, its a beautiful name though i was happy to see Lexi on your list :)

SD1 and SD2 are Lillian and Sophie, such common names i had to name our daughter something really unusual so she is named Asta.

DP has a name beginning with A also so we are going to give our baby a C name like me, for a girl we like Cian and for a boy we like Cyrus.

cvd
December 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM
Ours is Aubree! Middle name Cassandra! :) hehe we've had aubree picked since before we were even trying!

cvd
December 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM
Ours is Aubree! Middle name Cassandra! :) hehe we've had aubree picked since before we were even trying!

jennaesue
December 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
It's funny, I have a hard time with girls names but I know exactly what boys name I want, well, first name at least. I love Theodore! I would want to call him Teddy. How funny that you have picked Theodore for your ds, Rosie. It's not very popular (at least I don't think). What part of the world do you call home? I haven't heard of any little Theodores (or Teds or Teddys or Theos) around me. I am thinking of Theodore Harry or possibly Theodore Harrison to honor my mom's father who passed away when she was 9. All of my boys have significant middle names, and I haven't namesaked anyone from my mom's side, so I want to give her a turn. The only problem is, DH is not a fan. Other names we have considered are Samuel, Charles (Charlie) and Miles.

As far as girls go, I really try not to even go there because I need to be mentally prepared to hear boy, and I really don't want to entertain the possibility and get my hopes up. But in the past, we have liked Amelia Grace, Eliza Jane, Sara Jane, and Anna Julia. I think Anna Julia is my favorite, because Anna was my great-grandmother's first name and Julia was my grandmother's middle name, and dh had an aunt named Julia how died a few years ago. However, all of those names have been pulled out and considered 3 times now, so they all feel kind of "old" to me. Other girls names I like that dh has shot down are Charlotte (which I think is too popular now, anyway), Josephine, and Rachel.

jennaesue
December 1st, 2012, 09:07 PM
I think if its a 4th boy I will have no choice but to name it James after DH as he was names after his dad James who was named after his dad James so there is DH, FIL, DH grandad all with the name james so kind of makes me feel we need to carry it on but I dont like the name.... BUT if there is no other name i like either it might just have to do.

My littlest one is James. We call him Jamie or Jay Jay. I think it's a wonderful name. :)

hopingforsaskia
December 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Dh and I were going through baby names just this morning.. We like boys names Enzo and Nash.. But they're not sticking for me.. If that makes sense.. So I'm at a bit of a loss for boys..

My girls names are Saskia, Emerson, Alaina and Aveline. Our first choice is obviously Saskia, but I'm not sure anymore......... :)

Atsaukina1
December 2nd, 2012, 05:27 AM
we should be as our last wasn't named until abotu 10 days after he was born and several days for our 3rd also. I just do not like any boys name o lord let this be a girl because we have a couple girl names we love lol

mum- my dh has liked "Liam" and although I like the name idk it just never stuck for me- of course now One Direction is out and my dd was all "why didn't you name him Liam" lol

LO123
December 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
My DS name is Caleb and that took us ages to decide on. There are a few boys names I like but my DH hates them all. I feel like saying if its another boy I should atleast get to choose the name.

Girls names are easy, I just pray I have the chance to use one.

Mommyof3boys
December 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
I really like Rowan for a girl, I have no idea about boy names.

Atsaukina1
December 2nd, 2012, 11:25 PM
Rowan was one of my boy names:) but i think thats the one that meant red haired and would've been perfect for my ds3 but not my 4th:)

BabyCakesTor
December 3rd, 2012, 12:51 AM
Can't pick just one girls name, my last pregnancy I was so set on my girl's name and this time I only have a boys name

Alec James or Skyler James. James is my Daddy's middle name and since I can't carry on his last name and he hates Gregory I have to honor himself some way..

NearlyDone
December 3rd, 2012, 02:48 AM
Iv had 1st and middle names for both sexes since i had my last baby lol

Violet_
December 3rd, 2012, 03:03 AM
Yes, I've put a lot of thought into names. Quite set on a boy and girl name. Hubby isn't sold on the boys name but he's very lenient too and will pretty much agree to whatever I want. I do care about his preferences but some of his choices just won't be happening. We are very in agreement on girls names though.

Violet_
December 3rd, 2012, 03:04 AM
Dh and I were going through baby names just this morning.. We like boys names Enzo and Nash.. But they're not sticking for me.. If that makes sense.. So I'm at a bit of a loss for boys..

My girls names are Saskia, Emerson, Alaina and Aveline. Our first choice is obviously Saskia, but I'm not sure anymore......... :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! So exciting.

Pearl327
December 3rd, 2012, 04:23 AM
My DD is named Grace which was what my mam was going to name me until my sisters came in to visit with a card a present for their baby sister Ann.it was always my 1st choice girls name, even though it is popular again now. If this is a girl then I am thinking, Sarah, Catherine, Christina or Lena (all are family names) if I am having a boy then his name is John Patrick

Praying4Pink
December 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
All my children will have the initials of my hubby which is JLW. So we do have a boy name Josiah Landon. But we are struggling with a girl name mostly because we know it is a boy in there. I am thinking Joy Anna, Johanna, Jiselle, Jarah, Jordyn or Jensine. We still have time, lol.

sdreed76
December 5th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Emilee Cora (girl)
Liam Robert (boy)

Set in stone!!!!

hopingforsaskia
December 5th, 2012, 10:16 PM
So I think I've picked out our boy name... Callahan Thomas. We were tossing between a few others, but I'm pretty convinced that's the name. (Ill probably change my mind at some point .. But for now I'm happy with that!) :)

I'm almost certain this is going to be a boy. :/

Mum23boys
December 6th, 2012, 03:32 AM
hoping I like that :-)

Praying4Pink
December 6th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Adding another girl name to my list: Joelle
Still working on middles

LO123
December 7th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I think I have got a boys name, Coby. My DS is Caleb so it would be Caleb and Coby. Even though it is so early I feel better having a boys name. When I was pregnant with my DS I felt lost before we had a boys name. Once I had a boys name I was more at ease with it being a boy.

EmmyRoo
December 10th, 2012, 08:07 AM
We're not daring to talk about names yet, being only 4wks pregnant! But we really struggled with DS2. DS1 is Josef (Joe) and DS2 is James (Jamie). I don't want another J name but other than that we're stumped for boys names.

For a girl (if I were so so lucky as to get one) I LOVE Anna which is one of my sisters' names, but DH is dead against using such a close family name and not all the other family names. To get round it I've been coming up with names ending in "anna", current fave is Emiliana Rose. I love to shorten names (i think it gives the child some control over their name as they grow up i.e. Jamie can be Jim or James, Joe can be Joey or Josef, plus our surname is double-barreled Polish & Irish so a short first name is good!) so she'd probably be Emmy! ;)

I just can't see myself ever able to use it though :sad:
X