PDA

View Full Version : How long does one sway beofre TTC?

TulleExplosion
March 30th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Title says it all. I think 6 weeks is the minimum but would love a very clear answer!

nuthinbutpink
March 30th, 2011, 09:17 PM
It depends which diet you follow but I would recommend for 90 days to follow the life cycle of an egg. I am in the process of posting the French Gender Diet and he recommends 2.5 months. HTH

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 09:03 AM
I think you can make some changes in advance, particularly for blue swayers, that will really help. I would begin to eat more protein and lift weights as soon as you can, because testosterone takes time to increase. For pink swayers, I think possibly becoming a vegetarian some months in advance and losing weight if you have a lot to lose, can only help.

Great advice on the 90 days nbp! Since we really have no idea how swaying works, it is logical to try and influence the egg as it forms (even though that may not be what sways.) The only downside is that you can't stay on the strictest part of the diet for much longer than 6 months, so don't pull out all the stops until you get closer to when you're going to attempt.

TulleExplosion
March 31st, 2011, 02:19 PM
What if we can get DH to sway a bit? How long should he be taking supps and staying away from caffeine etc.?

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 10:31 AM
I don't think he needs to stay away from caffeine until 72 days before your attempt (because sperm take 72 days to form) BUT he could take some good healthy supps beginning now, like a good multivitamin and anything that helps raise testosterone and improve sperm count now. (like carnitine, CoQ10, and arginine)

TulleExplosion
April 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
He takes a multi vitamin called Quintabs-M by Freeda. It contains vitamins A,C,D,E, Vit B1, B2, B6, and B12, Niacin, Folic Acid (???WHY??), Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper and Manganese. I have no clue what I just typed but I did notice the Magnesium and Calcium (30mg and 15mg respectively). How does that sound for now? I will work on the sperm count ones as soon as I have the baby. He hears me talk about swaying all the time and for the first time today answered me sarcastically about Vitamins, so I am going to be very gentle with him :). He is willing to work with me, I just dont want to put it on him so far in advance.

Indira
April 2nd, 2011, 07:47 AM
IŽll be a pink swayer in July and I donŽt have a lot of weight I can loose, I have been doing a no-sugar no-bread diet for 4 months against yeast and I already lost some.
Would it be better for me to gain weight from now till the end of may (though lowering testosteron foods) and then diet for 6 weeks before our attempt or would that be to close?

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 08:52 AM
He takes a multi vitamin called Quintabs-M by Freeda. It contains vitamins A,C,D,E, Vit B1, B2, B6, and B12, Niacin, Folic Acid (???WHY??), Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper and Manganese. I have no clue what I just typed but I did notice the Magnesium and Calcium (30mg and 15mg respectively). How does that sound for now? I will work on the sperm count ones as soon as I have the baby. He hears me talk about swaying all the time and for the first time today answered me sarcastically about Vitamins, so I am going to be very gentle with him :). He is willing to work with me, I just dont want to put it on him so far in advance.

I think those vitamins look great.

30 mg of calcium and 15 of magnesium is a very tiny amount - no worries there (and it will probably be GOOD for him, if I remember right he wasn't living a very healthy lifestyle and probably needs those minerals for optimal fertility).

Folic acid does a lot of things in the body aside from fertility and may help prevent sperm damage so that is fine for him to take. Also may prevent heart disease in the long term.

I think you are smart to consider your husband's feelings when swaying! There have been some ladies who went so overboard that their husbands said no more and refused to TTC at all!

Good luck!!

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
IŽll be a pink swayer in July and I donŽt have a lot of weight I can loose, I have been doing a no-sugar no-bread diet for 4 months against yeast and I already lost some.
Would it be better for me to gain weight from now till the end of may (though lowering testosteron foods) and then diet for 6 weeks before our attempt or would that be to close?

NO! Just having lost the weight will help your sway even if it was in the past. It's best to have lost weight and keep it off than to be trying to time the weight loss, the body reacts in ways we can't predict and it may be harder to take weight off a second time (the yoyo dieting alters your metabolism).

My horror story is that I took a month off of swaying to regain some weight, I was trying to have the "perfect" sway and be actively losing weight right when I conceived...but I had an oops pregnancy that month and conceived DS 4 instead!!! I have since concluded that timing weight loss is too chancey and it's better to lose it when you can and not worry about the timing of it!

Indira
April 2nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks so much Atomic for answering all my questions, my ideas are getting a lot clearer now!
Too bad for all the tiramisu, chocolate and icecream I was planning to eat :bigsmile: