PDA

View Full Version : New with a question about my sway!

zetta11
March 30th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I am brand new here - I was lurking for several months over on Ingender but the monkeys were driving me crazy. Anyway, I am currently in the middle of my sway and need advice! My plan is to do frequent BD with cut-off. I have not been able to reliably pinpoint O+12 in the 8+ months I've been charting, so I just don't feel comfortable with it. I decided on frequent BD over abstaining because DS was a (surprise) one-shot deal, plus my DH is more on board with it. :)

Anyway, on to my question! I usually O on day 16 or 17 (every month that I have charted it has been one of those two days). I am currently on day 11 of my cycle, and our 3rd day of BDing. I was planning for a cut-off at day 14 (giving us 6 consecutive days of BDing), because I'm worried that if we cut off at day 13 and I don't O until day 17, we will have a 4 day cut-off which might be boy territory. I figure even if I O on day 16, a 2 day cut-off isn't bad. However, my question is this: so far, we have been using condoms, and plan to do our "real" attempt only at cut-off, but I'm wondering if we should BD without protection on CD 13 AND 14 (again, I O on day 16-17), or ONLY day 14. What do you think? Help!

ETA: I am also sticking to the diet as best as I can, not eating breakfast, taking supplements, etc!

nuthinbutpink
March 30th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I think you might get answers all over the place because the research out there on timing is all over the place too but from what I have read a 3-4 day cutoff is what I would do for a girl. Other people might have different opinions though!

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM
I am brand new here - I was lurking for several months over on Ingender but the monkeys were driving me crazy. Anyway, I am currently in the middle of my sway and need advice! My plan is to do frequent BD with cut-off. I have not been able to reliably pinpoint O+12 in the 8+ months I've been charting, so I just don't feel comfortable with it. I decided on frequent BD over abstaining because DS was a (surprise) one-shot deal, plus my DH is more on board with it. :)

Anyway, on to my question! I usually O on day 16 or 17 (every month that I have charted it has been one of those two days). I am currently on day 11 of my cycle, and our 3rd day of BDing. I was planning for a cut-off at day 14 (giving us 6 consecutive days of BDing), because I'm worried that if we cut off at day 13 and I don't O until day 17, we will have a 4 day cut-off which might be boy territory. I figure even if I O on day 16, a 2 day cut-off isn't bad. However, my question is this: so far, we have been using condoms, and plan to do our "real" attempt only at cut-off, but I'm wondering if we should BD without protection on CD 13 AND 14 (again, I O on day 16-17), or ONLY day 14. What do you think? Help!

ETA: I am also sticking to the diet as best as I can, not eating breakfast, taking supplements, etc!

How desperate are you to get pregnant? If I was desperate to get pg I would BD on Day 13 and 14 giving me either a 2-3 day cut off and upping my chance of pg. I think the better pink sway is to BD once on Day 14 for a 2-3 day cutoff. You may want to actually BD twice that day, toss the first one and use the second, but that WILL lower your odds of pregnancy.

atomic sagebrush
March 31st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Oh and WELCOME BTW!!

Emmy2012
March 31st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Welcome! I love this site, it seems o much more helpful then others! I would recommend just on BD if you can maybe wait a few times if needed.

zetta11
March 31st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I agree that it's probably best to wait until day 14 and give it one shot, but I also really want to get pregnant this cycle! It is so tough to decide. Thanks so much for the input. This is only our first cycle trying, so I know I need to be patient, but this diet is killing me! Anyway, thanks again for the feedback.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
It is very tough to decide! Go with your gut instinct, it's usually the right one. GL!!