PDA

View Full Version : Does DHEA sway blue ?

jils04
March 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
It is the presursor for oestrogen and testosterone production and may cause facial hair and masculinization. This sounds like a good boy sway supplement ?

angel in a pink sky
March 31st, 2011, 10:05 AM
I am also curious about DHEA. I am sure these questions have been answered...Is it in a pill form? Where can you get it? What does it do? The crazy things we will do to complete our families. Facial hair? Arghhh. I am willing to sign up for facial hair if it means a daughter one day. I heard it is good for fertility but do not know if it will influence to one gender or another. Hopefully someone here can help.

Zivic-Bubac
March 31st, 2011, 01:01 PM
It sways blue, but it is not recommended if you are younger then 35. IVF candidates are taking 75mg of it. It comes in form of pills .Here is the link with info http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1394-DHEA-experience-anyone&highlight=DHEA
Or type 'DHEA' in the up right corner of the page ( Search option works here LOL!) and you'll find all posts about DHEA. HTH!

LolaInLove
March 31st, 2011, 03:13 PM
I think it does sway blue big time. I took it for 2 months before this bfp, and I could easily tell that my testosterone level was way up from it, which sways blue big time. Zivic is right, though, it is not to be messed around with, it's a hormone, so unless you are 35 or over (and feel like your hormone levels are low because by this age, your body makes less natural DHEA), OR have gotten a hormone level test and your doctor tells you it would benefit you, I would not just take it to see what happens. If you are older like me and want to try a low level dose at 25mg, I personally think it's not such a big deal.

nuthinbutpink
March 31st, 2011, 05:11 PM
DHEA is a prohormone for the sex hormones, so it is neither testosterone nor estrogen. But, the older you get, the lower your DHEA levels are and the more likely you are to have a girl statistically.

People with PCOS have high levels of DHEAs so if you have PCOS you should not take it.

So, both your estrogen and testosterone levels could increase actually. Some REs believe estrogen priming accomplishes the same thing.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 11:08 AM
There is nothing left for me to answer other than to reiterate that most people who are younger than 35 DON'T need it and SHOULDN'T take it because you can mess up your hormones. I would start with a low dose and go from there.

Honestly I have been toying with the idea of trying it just for vitality purposes (I am 40) and I told my in-laws (my FIL was just diagnosed with a fatal disease and they are both kinda depressed obviously) that they should take it.

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Atomic, I was just telling my folks to try it, my dad is a bit depressed after having quintuple bypass a year ago.....my 38 year old DH (who has a very physical job) reported feeling great, lots of energy and good mood. I couldn't tell, because I always have decent energy but (was) in a crazy mood from ttc stress!

TulleExplosion
April 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Can men take it to help with the sway? If yes, how old should they be?

Zivic-Bubac
April 1st, 2011, 03:29 PM
It is not advisable because it can actually decrease sperm production. You may want to check this http://www.livestrong.com/article/364390-dhea-supplements-male-fertility/
You can give him Co- Enzyme Q-10 which is great thing for little swimmers. More info you can find here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?455-Supplements&highlight=CoEnzyme+-10 and here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1113-Boosting-Testosterone-for-TTC-Boy!&highlight=CoEnzyme+-10 and this one I strongly recommend for info about Co-Enzyme Q-10: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1863-interesting-info-about-improving-sperm-count-and-male-factor-infertility
DH should take 200 mg of CoQ-10 daily, it has dramatically positive effect on sperm quality.

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 04:54 PM
Oy, yikes! Well, it is supposed to raise men's testosterone level....my Dh was on a cocktail of other sperm raising supps. Tulle, if you want to put your DH on something, I would go with ZB's advice above, or there are a couple of good sperm boosting supplements with a bunch of good things in them: Naturallysmart vitamins for men and also Fertilaid for Men. Dr. Potter in the HT forums recommends Naturally Smart for Dh's whose wives are having IVF, whether they have issues or not, just to boost to the maximum potential. My DH took the Fertilaid and also pumpkin seed oil and pynogenol and some other stuff too.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Lola, I think in the dosage you were taking it, it was beneficial. A lot of the info out there about supps to raise testosterone, is targeted at bodybuilders who will take truly massive amounts of things and weirdly, things that REALLY raise testosterone levels (not the stuff we do for swaying, but these massive amounts of supplements that bodybuilders use) have the strange side effect of making the nuts shrink and actually lowering sperm count.

Testosterone in the optimum range for fertility sways blue!!

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Can men take it to help with the sway? If yes, how old should they be?

Older than 35 - prior to that, most people have an ample supply of the stuff. If he does want to give it a try I would take no more than 25 mg.