PDA

View Full Version : Random O days and short LP

Chunksta
March 31st, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hi, i have a few questions sorry if this is long....
My cycles are all over the shop anywhere from 24-29 days, Last month i O on CD 11 and my next cycle started 26 days later, this cycle i O on CD 17
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22794e
today ive had blood streaks in my creamy CM (sorry TMI) Im pretty sure AF is showing up late tonight or tomorrow morning as my temp has dropped to 35.99 (just below my coverline) and my LP is 11 (or 12 if af shows up tomorrow)
i take folic acid tablets 4x throughout the day and fish oil,
I am on the alkaline diet and cut out out dairy, eating protein foods. have Robitussin and have ural (though i hate the taste i rarely take it) and last month (or this month going) i did the BSF 30 min before DTD and DTD the night before O and day of O. i have a hard time swallowing tablets so i kinda crush most of them and yes most on them taste foul,
So do i need to lengthen my LP?
If so how? what vitamins do i need?
Should i also be using like pre seed??
Any other suggestions would be great?
I have a doc appt the next week to get bloods done again and to make sure everything is ok? and maybe get a script? If i need it for something that you cannot buy over the counter??
Honestly any info suggestions to vitamins or diet would be great.... Been trying to 8 long months and its starting to get to me....:sad:

Zivic-Bubac
March 31st, 2011, 08:12 AM
I'm so sorry you are feeling down.....
It take at least 10 days of LP for implantation to take place ( which means you don't have short LP, and I guess this is a good news:happy:)
As for ways to regulate your cycle, IDK, I believe Vitex is recommended but as we all know, it sways pink.
I hope Atomic will chime in with boy friendly ideas for regulating cycle.

IMHO, PreSeed is a good idea and I believe you have already read the Sticky about it here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1134-The-lure-of-Lubes!! and here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1111-Pre-Seed

Chunksta
March 31st, 2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks Zivic for your reply, at least i know my LP isn't too short for implantation, AF showed up today so heres another month TTC....

Zivic-Bubac
April 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM
Chunksta, huni, I was lurking around net to find something that is not Vitex and it helps to improve overall fertility and regulate cycle. Here is what I've found: Dong -Quai (Angelica Sinensis)
Dong quai herb researches

Modern scientific researches have found that dang gui root is a kind of phytoestrogen-rich herb. Phytoestrogens are a group of chemicals found in plants that can act like the hormone estrogen, which is the most important ingredient for it to balance female hormone levels. In addition, researches also confirmed that it works in two-ways regulation, namely restraining the secretion of estrogen when estrogen is too much and stimulating the secretion of estrogen when estrogen is not enough.

Besides of folic acid, folinic acid and nicotinic acid, small amounts of vitamins A and E, biotin, carotene and pantothinic acid are also found. Moreover, substantial amounts of Vitamin B12 (0.25 to 0.4 mcg per 100 grams of dried root) is found at the same time, which is the solid evidence that why ancient herbalists liked using it for blood disorders.

( I copied/pasted it from www.dong-quai.org, sounds boy friendly to me)
and other thing is Black or Blue Cohosh root which should be taken with caution and consult doctor before starting it.
Now I'm going to start a thread about those 2 :prof:

Chunksta
April 1st, 2011, 08:19 AM
Chunksta, huni, I was lurking around net to find something that is not Vitex and it helps to improve overall fertility and regulate cycle. Here is what I've found: Dong -Quai (Angelica Sinensis)
Dong quai herb researches

Modern scientific researches have found that dang gui root is a kind of phytoestrogen-rich herb. Phytoestrogens are a group of chemicals found in plants that can act like the hormone estrogen, which is the most important ingredient for it to balance female hormone levels. In addition, researches also confirmed that it works in two-ways regulation, namely restraining the secretion of estrogen when estrogen is too much and stimulating the secretion of estrogen when estrogen is not enough.

Besides of folic acid, folinic acid and nicotinic acid, small amounts of vitamins A and E, biotin, carotene and pantothinic acid are also found. Moreover, substantial amounts of Vitamin B12 (0.25 to 0.4 mcg per 100 grams of dried root) is found at the same time, which is the solid evidence that why ancient herbalists liked using it for blood disorders.

( I copied/pasted it from www.dong-quai.org, sounds boy friendly to me)
and other thing is Black or Blue Cohosh root which should be taken with caution and consult doctor before starting it.
Now I'm going to start a thread about those 2 :prof:

WOW thank you so much
i will read up on there, hmm wonder where i can get it from!!! Will google that and maybe ask my Doc about them next week!!
Once again thanks for the info

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hey hun, my cycles also got kinda wacked out and my LP would vary from 11 days to 14, and I would O anytime between CD12-18. I figured it was the supps and maybe my age (35), but I used to be super regular. Anyway, this would be my advice: keep doing what you are doing, and I would definitely add the preseed. My doctor prescribed a progesterone cream for me, and even though I don't technically have a luteal phase defect (meaning an LP that is 10 days or less), she said it can't hurt to beef up your body in the 2ww. My p cream is a vaginal suppository kind, but there are also pills (I think Prometrium is in pill form) and then you can also buy natural progesterone creams in the menopause section of health food stores. I'd just ask your doc if you have an appt anyway. So, that will definitely help lengthen and strengthen your LP.

As far as your cycle regularity, you could try the dong quai (that is a part of a lot of "fertility" blend vitamins and such) for sure. If I were you, I would just do lots of opks and keep temping and nail down when you O and DTD then. I O'ed this last month on CD18, and got the bfp. I even had a "fake" O the week before where my opk was + but my body didn't release an egg. I think the trick with this swaying is to just be patient and track yourself as best you can with your cycle, but understand that swaying will sometimes make your body march to its own drummer each month, which can be totally frustrating, but keep in mind that you are putting all of these supplements and eating differently and whatnot.

I know 8 months is a long time! Have a talk with your doctor about it.....I did after only 4 months and she knew I was serious. I was DTD right on O each month, and couldn't figure out why it was taking so long when I got pg with my girls in a heartbeat. I would definitely recommend the p cream though!

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hi, i have a few questions sorry if this is long....
My cycles are all over the shop anywhere from 24-29 days, Last month i O on CD 11 and my next cycle started 26 days later, this cycle i O on CD 17
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22794e
today ive had blood streaks in my creamy CM (sorry TMI) Im pretty sure AF is showing up late tonight or tomorrow morning as my temp has dropped to 35.99 (just below my coverline) and my LP is 11 (or 12 if af shows up tomorrow)
i take folic acid tablets 4x throughout the day and fish oil,
I am on the alkaline diet and cut out out dairy, eating protein foods. have Robitussin and have ural (though i hate the taste i rarely take it) and last month (or this month going) i did the BSF 30 min before DTD and DTD the night before O and day of O. i have a hard time swallowing tablets so i kinda crush most of them and yes most on them taste foul,
So do i need to lengthen my LP?
If so how? what vitamins do i need?
Should i also be using like pre seed??
Any other suggestions would be great?
I have a doc appt the next week to get bloods done again and to make sure everything is ok? and maybe get a script? If i need it for something that you cannot buy over the counter??
Honestly any info suggestions to vitamins or diet would be great.... Been trying to 8 long months and its starting to get to me....:sad:

B6 will help lengthen your luteal phase and may even help sway blue. That is the first thing I would try, before I went to the herbs, because your body needs B6 anyway and it doesn't have the unknowns of some of the herbs (we don't know how some of these things will affect you)

I am a big fan of PreSeed so I think that would be a great addition.

Good idea to see a doc just to make sure everything is ok.

You ~may~ want to try adding back in just a bit of calcium. Some people are finding that no calcium is keeping them from conceiving.

LolaInLove
April 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
ITA about the calcium, I did not get a bfp for 4 months without it....then suddenly, the months I add it back in, 2 bfps in a row. Atomic, why does B6 sway girl, if it does? I remember being lashed about that on IG because I tried it one month and it did indeed lengthen my LP by a couple of days. Is it the hormones?

Chunksta
April 1st, 2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone for your replys,
Lola- i was the same with my 2 DD's i fell pregnant in the first month of trying but this time its taking so long and it becomes draining....
Atomic-Yes i think i will go and get some pre seed and cream and vit b6 and as for calcium, ive been having milk with breaky and my morning coffee and sometimes with dinner in like cheese sauce but i did have no dairy what so ever for 1 month and after my last bfn my body just craved for it so i do have diary just limit the amount.
the doc appt is 5th april so ill talk them and hopefully get a script. Also does vit B6 sway boy or girl?? (only asking coz one said boy and the other said girl)
XO

skrimpy
April 1st, 2011, 10:24 PM
I had a short LP before getting pg with my 2yo... I added in cod liver oil as a supp and I also made sure that I was getting plenty of good fats.

Also, at the same time, I worked on the night lighting in my room. I slept with the room completely dark from my period til I wanted to O, then slept with a small light on for a few days (between around days 13-15 for me), then back to total darkness again until the next month.

I think something in this or a combination in it all helped to bring my LP from around 10-11 days to a better 13-14 days each month. Also, my cycles got nicely regular and ovulation always happened around day 12-13 for me (I tend to have 26 day cycles now... at least when I'm cycling I do :p)

I didn't take any supps during this time except the Cod Liver Oil. Once my cycles regulated I start the boy diet in earnest and also a prenatal. The cycle before/leading up to TTC when I got pg with my 2yo I did boy drinks, too. But I worked on the LP problem a few months before our actual TTC attempt and before I started a lot of supps.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
ITA about the calcium, I did not get a bfp for 4 months without it....then suddenly, the months I add it back in, 2 bfps in a row. Atomic, why does B6 sway girl, if it does? I remember being lashed about that on IG because I tried it one month and it did indeed lengthen my LP by a couple of days. Is it the hormones?

It raises progesterone...supposedly. And according to swaying dogma, high progesterone sways pink. I don't entirely know if I believe that or not, firstly because things that raise progesterone also raise estrogen and testosterone because they're all made out of the exact same chemicals so a diet that affects one will tend to affect the other two as well (although the ratios can vary between the three it's because your body "chooses" to make different amounts of the three), and secondly because anorexics and older women have lower levels of sex hormones across the boards and they have more daughters.

I need to see some evidence that a) B6 raises progesterone in all women all the time consistently without simultaneously stimulating production of estrogen and testosterone and b) that high progesterone in and of itself, always sways pink.

Until then, I am sticking with the idea that a higher nutrient diet sways blue, meaning all nutrients. I was taking 100 mg of B6 and I conceived a boy, so it's no magic bullet, that's for certain.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks everyone for your replys,
Lola- i was the same with my 2 DD's i fell pregnant in the first month of trying but this time its taking so long and it becomes draining....
Atomic-Yes i think i will go and get some pre seed and cream and vit b6 and as for calcium, ive been having milk with breaky and my morning coffee and sometimes with dinner in like cheese sauce but i did have no dairy what so ever for 1 month and after my last bfn my body just craved for it so i do have diary just limit the amount.
the doc appt is 5th april so ill talk them and hopefully get a script. Also does vit B6 sway boy or girl?? (only asking coz one said boy and the other said girl)
XO

The traditional view is that B6 raises progesterone and sways pink but as you can see from my answer above, not everyone is convinced on that. The A-Gender people have apparently dropped B6 from their pink swaying supplements because they felt it was producing opposites and I had an opposite as well.

I think having some full fat dairy while limiting the amount and watching your cal-mag intake is the best of both worlds.

Oh and I don't think I ever gave you a plain answer on this, a 12 day LP is fine. But I totally agree with Skrimpy's advice as well, healthy fats and sleeping in the dark (also possibly the Vit. D in the cod liver oil) will do a world of good to lengthen LP in a blue-friendly way.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Oh and my friend also told me that Black Currant Oil worked wonders for her short cycles. She had had short cycles for years and they got better within a month with the black currant oil.

Chunksta
April 5th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Oh and my friend also told me that Black Currant Oil worked wonders for her short cycles. She had had short cycles for years and they got better within a month with the black currant oil.

is that blue safe?? do you know?

atomic sagebrush
April 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I believe that due to its high levels of phytonutrients and healthy fats (it is similar in fat content to EPO), blackcurrant oil would sway blue (and probably quite well.)

It's not a traditional swaying supplement though.

Hobbermittens
September 7th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I just found this thread. Tell me, what's the deal with sleeping in the dark? We have night lights galore around here (I am not a big fan of total darkness at night). I also have irregular cycles. Are these things connected?

dannikins
September 7th, 2011, 02:22 AM
your cycles sound a bit like mine, very irregular ,making it difficult to predict O, (especially when im trying for a girl and need a cut off date).
my cycle ranges anywhere from 32-36 days long , i ovulate any where from day 16-21, and my LP is any where from 13-18 days long. makes it near impossible to plan BD.

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I just found this thread. Tell me, what's the deal with sleeping in the dark? We have night lights galore around here (I am not a big fan of total darkness at night). I also have irregular cycles. Are these things connected?

Read this: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1421-Lunaception

Do I totally believe this as gospel truth? Not really, but it is interesting to ponder. I do think there could be something to it, but then again, I also believe there is a lot of other more important/effective stuff that has a lot more to do with what our bodies are doing (like genes, lifestyle, diet.)

PS - I don't believe genes sway BTW, but they do def. control things like our menstrual cycles, at least in part.

atomic sagebrush
September 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM
your cycles sound a bit like mine, very irregular ,making it difficult to predict O, (especially when im trying for a girl and need a cut off date).
my cycle ranges anywhere from 32-36 days long , i ovulate any where from day 16-21, and my LP is any where from 13-18 days long. makes it near impossible to plan BD.

Dannikins, some people trying for pink, are taking OPKs and BD when they get a positive (which would be a cutoff of about a day to a day and a half.) It's not Shettles timing, but Shettles timing has been pretty much debunked at this point.

You also may find that if you do OPKs you get something called a "fade in" pattern, where you can tell when you are gearing up to ovulate by the fact that your OPKs start to get a little bit darker day by day prior to O. This will tell you more about how to do a fade in: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1359-Shettles-method-of-timing-for-boy-and-girl-Part-1&

PS - It is unlikely your LP is 18 days long. If you had a luteal phase that was 18 days long, you may have been pregnant and had a very early miscarriage (I'm sorry to tell you that so abruptly. :() Or you may not be actually ovulating and what you believe is AF, is in fact something called "breakthrough bleeding" which happens when estrogen levels fall after awhile and there is no progesterone (because you did not release an egg and so the corpus luteum did not form) to sustain the lining for the 14 days after ovulation.