PDA

View Full Version : When did / will you stop taking pregnancy tests ?

Mum23boys
December 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I know its an unhealthy obsession but i cant help thinking i want to test again this weekend. I have done 4-5 tests so far last one being last weekend maybe ill skip this weekend then do one the week after or just save it and test again at xmas ( 8 weeks )

Is there a point they no longer stay positive or do they stay positive throughout pregnancy ?
I dont think ill feel safe until i feel baby move which is what 12-15 weeks ?

Is anyone else still thinking of taking more tests or when did you stop testing. ?

3boys
December 4th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I took my last test 2 weeks exactly after my BFP when my lines got as dark as they would go and my Digital said 3+ the highest that would go. It's ok to be obsessed after a loss. Sending hugs as I know how your feeling mum X

Cinss
December 4th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I only took 1 test when AF was late, then when i was at my first Dr appointment she asked me how many tests i did, i said 1, so she got me to do another one, she said she believes me but just to make sure haha. I guess after getting about 1000 BFNs over my 10 months of trying i really didnt need to see more that 1. I still have a bunch of them i will have to give away.

Rosie85
December 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I usually only take one. If I test too early and it's negative I will use one more. Once I get a positive I stop.

Butterfly Spirit
December 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Mum23, Do whatever you need to do to feel better! Even keeping up the testing. Experiencing a loss is shocking and traumatic and it's only natural to worry about the viability of your next one. I highly recommend that you purchase a doppler near the end of the first trimester. It's the BIGGEST source of relief I have had during this pregnancy!!! :)

dloui128
December 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I only took 2, one early in the morning and then I took another one at night to show DH, after that I stopped. I worry alot so I used my doppler starting at around 9 weeks

hopingforsaskia
December 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I only had one test left when I got my BFP.. I thought I could be strong, but I've got some more FRER's coming today... I'll be peeing as soon as I can.. I understand that need... Maybe you'd be better off organising a blood test or something to get a HCG level? If it's high, you can stop worrying? Just a thought. :) Test as much as you like, it's fun, and makes up for the BFN's along the way. ;) xx

Atsaukina1
December 4th, 2012, 07:37 PM
since my first was 9dpo and light tested 10 dpo then tested last week and tried to tests on my poks the other night but they all said error for some strange reason. now I want to go by some more hpt's. I usually don't but this prego I just can't help it and wonder "am I really pregnant"??

Atsaukina1
December 6th, 2012, 06:47 AM
so finally got to store and bought some more
omg I can see why soo many just order online
I put the 1 box of tests right in the very front and what does the cashier do?? she proceeds to keep reaching over it bagging stuff finally after she does this like 5x and I'm really getting annoyed thinking "can this lady be so dense?"I say to her "you can just put it in whatever bag i don't mind" like wtf why was she saving it for last to put it in it's own special bag or what she could've scanned it first and did that. lol just annoying.
so took my cheapo target brand test and it came up immediately but not as dark as the control line and i know that has nothing to do w/ it but would've loved to seee it very dark. think i'll stick w/ expensive digi's lol

wilma_five
December 6th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Took my last test at 5 weeks pregnant, now waiting for my first u/s. After that I really feel pregnant!