PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain - whats normal and how much do u expect to gain ? TRACK ON HERE !!!

Mum23boys
December 4th, 2012, 04:42 PM
OK OK so some of us might not want to track our weight gain but i sure as hell am going to track mine after i gained 5 stone with ds1 ( 70lb) I ate and ate and ate. DS 2 AND DS3 werent that much but still 45-50lb so above the average suggested. Maybe if i had severe ms and couldnt eat i could only gain 35 lb !!! ha ha

So im going to look up normal weight gain at various stages and then track my own month by month on here.

I found this article :

Pregnancy Weight Goals
Overall, a woman who begins pregnancy at a healthy weight should gain between 25 and 35 pounds by the time of delivery. If you are underweight when you get pregnant, aim for 28 to 40 pounds. Overweight women should gain between 15 and 25 pounds. Obese women, those with a body mass index (BMI) of more than 30, need to gain just 15 pounds. Women carrying twins should gain between 35 and 45 pounds.

Already since i got my BFP i have gained 5lb but thats going from the LE diet to eating my usual stuff wit lots of carbs and lots of snacking !! Im hoping it wont carry on piling on like this.

ow much did you guys put on with past pregnancies ?

dloui128
December 4th, 2012, 04:47 PM
DD1 30 pounds
DD2 25 pounds
DS so far 45 pounds, I mean WTF, I started off slighlty underweight for my height but I just can't stop eating and I have swelled alot too so I am hoping alot of that 45 pounds is water weight

hopingforsaskia
December 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I stacked on weight with my two boys.. I'm hoping to keep things VERY under control this time around regardless of gender. I'm busily googling healthy pregnancy eating plans etc etc. Maybe we should do a sticky, and every week keep track of our weight gain/loss? Just so that we can try and monitor it..... :)

I'm hoping to gain a maximum of 15kgs (35lbs)

Since ovulation (I cheated in the 2ww and came off the diet properly a few days ago) I have gained .4kg (that's like a quarter of a pound I think..) I'm pretty stoked that I haven't already piled on a couple of kgs, since I've been eating at least 500ish or more cals a day... this is looking hopeful.. ;) lol

Atsaukina1
December 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I don't stress it, I eat what I want and try to eat good last 2 I think I gained 40. boys have been 10lb, 10lb 10 oz and 9lbs 14 oz. so I don't have to much to lose afterwards lol

Mum23boys
December 5th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Lets do it - you want me to start it or you going to do it ? xxxx

Im with you on the healthy eatin plans - we should start a thread for that too for everyone to share ideas a bit like on the LE diet !

hopingforsaskia
December 5th, 2012, 02:31 AM
You can do it babes! It was your brilliant idea! ;)

Mum23boys
December 5th, 2012, 02:51 AM
OK Ill have a think today about how best to set it out and then will post. Is there a way I could a spreadsheet like on EXCEL and then paste the link or paste the table does anyone know

Atsaukina1
December 5th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I have the "what are you eating" thread but it's not a focus on weight-

Mum23boys
December 5th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Name Weight@BFP 8 WKS 12wKS 16KS 20WKS 24WKS 28WKS 32WKS 36WKS 40WKS BIRTH

Mum23boys 91lbs

Mum23boys
December 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Its not going tow rok i cant seem to attach a table :-( Anyone technical help me out ?

Pearl327
December 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I am not worrying about weight. When I was pregnant with DD I only gained 23 lbs after starting from a healthy weight. I physically could not eat enough food in the last trimester. My portion sizes went from half to quarter of their normal size and even though I ate before bed I had to get up in the middle of the night to eat. DD was fine it was me that was getting thin.

cvd
December 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I don't know how I feel about tracking weight lol. I know it won't change how/what I eat because I am eating super healthy, it may just make me feel down or upset! I know for 14 weeks the STANDARD weight gain should be 7lbs and I've gained 10-11lbs. Not a HUGE difference or anything but still lol I don't want to have to worry. So I probably won't really take part :) maybe update here and there but good luck to you ladies!

3boys
December 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not going to let it worry me. I might have a little weigh in here or there but I'm just going to enjoy my pregnancy and worry about weight afterwards lol

hopingforsaskia
December 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I don't know how to do it mum... ??

I think when you've put on more than double the recommendation before and then had to lose it again, it makes it more "pressing" to only gain the appropriate amount.. :)

Wishing4Princess
December 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Ds 1-50 lbs.
DS 2-30 lbs.

this pregnancy, I gained 10 lbs. already. i'm 5 wks preggo...I believe alot of it is water weight for me though. i just balloon up..

Mum, I know it's hard not to snack and eat everything you crave, specially after being on the LE diet. Maybe you can replace some carbs w/ fiborous ones, like veggies and protein. if you can stomach meat, that is.

Wishing4Princess
December 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'm not going to let it worry me. I might have a little weigh in here or there but I'm just going to enjoy my pregnancy and worry about weight afterwards lol

totally agree. I'm so over the LE diet that I don't care if i even gain 200 lbs lol jk. you know what I mean! Im not too much into sweets, but love beef and avocados!!! here comes another boy for me! I already know what i'm having for lunch today...In -n-Out double cheeseburger..YUMmoO

hopingforsaskia
December 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Maybe I'm just weird, but I really don't want to gain weight (just baby) so I'm being super careful! I'm still eating LE lunch - cucumbers and hommus and a low fat yoghurt. I ate a piece of cold pork for my afternoon snack, and a superfood health shake for breakfast.. Then for dinner I had crispy skin salmon, asparagus and low fat cottage cheese! Dessert was meringue with strawberries, blueberries and about a tbsp of double cream (defs not low fat!!) ;)

I lost 300g. :)

hopingforsaskia
December 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html

Try this calculator mum23! It's really good! :)

Mommyof3boys
December 5th, 2012, 05:22 PM
DS1- 3 pounds 8 lb 1oz baby
DS2- lost 13 pounds 8lb 8oz baby
DS3- lost 16 pounds 8 lb 15.3oz baby
Since BFP- no change

I was overweight to start with all 3 and did not really change my diet during the pregnancy other than to cut out soda and coffee.

Atsaukina1
December 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM
HOPING- how much did you lose on le diet? of course you are going to gain more in the beginning because you are gaining back what you lost- if body is in starvation mode it's going to gain it all back- the le diet is def. not healthy long term and especially not preggo. our bodies need fat and our developing babes def. need it.

Sunflower3
December 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I feel awful and have barely eaten anything. Forcing myself bc I'm also still breast feeding.

DS 1 50 lbs.
DS 2 35 lbs.
DS3 38 lbs.

hopingforsaskia
December 5th, 2012, 10:13 PM
HOPING- how much did you lose on le diet? of course you are going to gain more in the beginning because you are gaining back what you lost- if body is in starvation mode it's going to gain it all back- the le diet is def. not healthy long term and especially not preggo. our bodies need fat and our developing babes def. need it.

I lost 13 kgs (1kg=2.2lbs ... 28-29lbs I think?) and I'm now perfectly healthy weight wise. I know how it affects me when I stack on the weight during pregnancy, so I'm just watching my weight. I'm definitely eating enough food, just my portions are controlled and I'm snacking in between. If I start putting on weight quickly I'll reign it back in. I haven't gained anything since ovulation - even off the diet. So I'm pretty happy so far. It's quite early though..... :) 4 weeks tomorrow! Haha.

Praying4Pink
December 6th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Well with DS1 I gained 30 pounds but I was at a pretty unhealthy weight to start. I lost about 40 pounds at the beginning of the year and gained 20 back during vacation. BUT so far I have gained 15 pounds but I think a little of that is water retention. I am having a salt consumption and water consumption problem...mostly I am eating too much salt and not drinking enough water. So I have been trying to eat more fruits and veggies and cutting back on the fast food. I am NOT worried about the weight gain though.

bigchrista
December 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
ds1 gain-30 lbs
ds2 gain 36
ds3 gain 35
ds4 gain 36