PDA

View Full Version : Does age sway?

XXPlease
December 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I am 26 and my husband is 36 I'm wondering will either of our ages sway us a certain way?

Cinss
December 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Yep i think the older you get the more likely you are to have a girl, not sure about the exact age though where things change, i'd say it is very dependant on the individual and their history and lifestyle.

mydream
December 4th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yep i think the older you get the more likely you are to have a girl, not sure about the exact age though where things change, i'd say it is very dependant on the individual and their history and lifestyle.

I agree!

Butterfly Spirit
December 4th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Well I'm 31, and my chinese gender chart for this lunar age (32) is almost entirely girl.. and out of my conception years it's the strongest for girl. Which is interesting.

XXPlease
December 4th, 2012, 09:13 PM
It makes me wonder because my husband and I have such a large age gap what the case would be for us I just want as many things as possible to be on our side because I have had 2 previous c-sections and don't know how many I will be able to have I have spread my kids out pretty well so hopefully that will allow me to have more than 3 if I need to!

XXPlease
December 4th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I not even convinced chinese gender chart is useable for me because I was so late as a baby my placenta was dead when I was born so I don't think my lunar age is acurate...

Violet_
December 4th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I not even convinced chinese gender chart is useable for me because I was so late as a baby my placenta was dead when I was born so I don't think my lunar age is acurate...

Perhaps just try and add two weeks or a month to the month of conception and see what it says. Probably a month by the sound of it. Doctors used to often let woman go to 43 or 44 weeks back then. Thank goodness they won't let you go further then 10 days to 2 weeks now. The placenta must have been alive a little bit or you wouldn't be here. Sounds like it had certainly decayed and broken down a lot though.

I notice that my chinese gender chart said boys for all three of my boys and says girl this time around and for most of this year for me too. Hope it's right. I'm just turning 30, which is 32 on the lunar chart.

XXPlease
December 5th, 2012, 12:14 AM
They thought I was only 2 weeks late but in 86 they didn't really do to many ultrasounds they told my mom that had they not induced her that day I would have been stillborn... I'm so glad they induced her! The chart was wrong with my oldest I'm not too sure with my second though.

LacePrincess
December 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
The Chinese lunar calendar chart is a total crock. Wrong with ALL of my boys! :P Blah!

Anyways, mom's age doesn't sway as much as dad's age. In a way you're lucky, actually! Men over 41 have significantly more girls. 67% believe it or not! That's a huge sway. Course your DH isn't quite there yet, but something to keep in mind if you're still trying again in 5 years.

I'm not so lucky as me and DH are exactly the same age, so obviously I can't wait until I'm 41 to TTC.

nuthinbutpink
December 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Yes but it's more like a pushing 40 and 40+ statistic.

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
If there was any ancient wisdom that Chinese people were privy to, they would use it to get boys rather than having orphanages full of little girls and worse Sex-selective abortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion)

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
It's only applicable to people over 40 (possibly beginning in the late 30's) Why Are Older Parents More Likely to Have Daughters? | Psychology Today (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201104/why-are-older-parents-more-likely-have-daughters)